- Great Adventure Online Staff
- - Posts are to be made in the relevant forum. Users are asked to read the forum descriptions before posting. Users consistently posting to the wrong forum may be given a warning (see policing below).
- - Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. Flaming or abusing users in any way will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning.
- - Members are asked to not act as “back seat moderators”. If members note an issue which contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the Moderator Team. Please use the “post report” feature to report posts. Do not respond to such topics yourself. Members who constantly “act” as moderators may be warned.
- - Members should remember this board is aimed at a members above the age of 13. Posting pornographic or generally offensive text, images, links, etc. will not be tolerated and will lead to a warning. Also, the park does look at the enthusiast sites quite often so please don't say anything that would jeopardize your relationship with them and you.
- - Members are asked to respect the copyright of other users, sites, media, etc. Members should link to the appropriate website where they had collected the information from.
- - Members should respect the bandwidth of other users and sites. The use of inline () image tags pointing to data stored on third party systems for which the user has not received permission to link to may be removed.
- - Members should post in a way which is consistent with "normal writing". That is users should not post excessive numbers of emoticons, large, small or colored text, etc. Similarly users should not SHOUT or use excessive punctuation (e.g. ! and ?) in topic titles or posts. Users consistently abusing this will be warned.
- - Members should use an appropriate, descriptive subject when posting a new topic. Examples of bad subjects include; "Kingda Ka!", "Wait Times!", "What coasters does sf like?", etc. Examples of good subjects include; "When is a good time to visit the park?", "Comparisons Between SF & Cedar Fair", etc.
- - Spam is not tolerated here under any circumstance. This includes offering hosting services (charged and free), installation services, solicitation etc. Recruiting members for your own projects (moderators, designers, professional MOD work, etc.) is not permitted and is also considered spam. Users posting spam will be warned and their post removed. See specific item on spam and 3rd party linking for more information.
- - Members are asked to not disclose any information regarding the Theme Park, Wild Safari, and/or Hurricane Harbor. If you fail to comply, not only will you be restricted from our forums but the park will also be sending you a nice email about why you were fired or had your Season Pass suspended.
- - The moderating, support and other staff reserve the right to edit, remove or put on moderation queue any post at any time. Please note that currently any very first post is automatically placed in the moderation queue and will be approved/disapproved according to the present Rules. The determination of what is construed as indecent, vulgar, spam, etc. as noted in these points is up to Staff Members and not users.
- - The above forum rules where applicable also apply to private messaging. Abuse of the private messaging system may lead to warnings (as above) and/or the revocation of private messaging.
- - Signatures may contain up to 50 characters and two images no breaking the boundary of 550x300px. Single image restriction sizes are 400x100px. Signatures containing an image(s) that break the thresholds established will be removed of the signature and given a warning via PM.
- - Avatar image restriction sizes are 150x150px. Avatars that break the thresholds established will be removed of the signature and given a warning via PM. Although, the forums should re-size in the event your image is too large.
- - Great Adventure Online operates according to the three warn policy. If you are warned about your actions for the same account for 3 times you will be given a temporary ban. If your actions are still out of line a permanent ban would be under review.
- - Arguing with staff after having received a warning will lead to an immediate additional warning. Should this exceed three strikes a temporary ban will be put in place as above.
- - Users who feel they have been unfairly warned are welcome to contact the Josh or Christian, e.g. if warned by a moderator you should contact the Moderator team leader. If they feel you were treated badly they remove a warning.
- - Temporary bans are established if you fail to follow rules after being warned.
- - Permanent bans are a last resort and thought is given before implementing them. While Great Adventure Online may consider lifting permanent bans from time to time this is a rare occurrence.
- Great Adventure Online Staff