• Please log in to reply
78 replies to this topic

#1 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:51 PM

I'm not ready to commit to saying exactly where I think this is going yet. On april 13th someone took these pictures (scroll down a bit) of new fresh out of the factory red dive machne track from B&M's steel fabrication plant in Ohio. Now the big question is where is this going?!

There is only one park that we know for sure is getting a beemer and thats Seaworld Orlando.....but they are getting a flyer and its not red so this is not theirs.

The only other park rumored to be recieving a B&M in 2009 is Mirabilandia. Now I'll admit that at this time Mirabilandia is probably the most likely place to recieve this coaster...but there are some things that don't add up:

The height issue: We know the height of Mirabilandia's coaster is going to be 164'......there has never been a dive machine built with a drop height of less than 179'....and that was the old generation dive machines! The new gen. dive machines tend to play right around 200' drop height. Now of coarse there is always the possibility that this is just a smaller dive machine......I mean history shows that while asia and the united states are always willing to play with height, europe has always stayed pretty conservative only having 2 coasters that have drop heights over 200'. But then again 164' that would be the smallest B&M dive machine EVER! There are already dive machines in europe that have higher drop heights than that! Of coarse there is always the possibility that the first drop could be tunneled just as were the first generation dive machines and thus even though the heaight is 164' the drop height can be much higher. But we have yet to see the new gen. divers to feature a tunneled first drop......of coarse that doesn't rule it out as a possibility.

The fabrication plant issue: B&M has a fabrication plant in switzerland and has only used the ohio plant for projects here in the americas...could this really be the first B&M coaster to be fabricated in the states and shipped overseas....but why go through the work of shipping when your fabrication plant in switzerland is only about a 6 hour drive to Mirabilandia?! It seems stupid but it still doesn;t mean its not mirabilandia's.

The Anheiser-busch contract issue: Some people have said that Busch has a contracted deal with B&M to not build dive machines in the states outside of a Busch owned park until 2012......I gotta say that in 10 years I have never heard of such a deal. There are deals like this don;t get me wrong but the deals are usually area specific. Such that parks within a certain radius can not build a certain type of coaster for a certain period of time. Like if they build a coaster at gadv with that agreement then Dorney and Hershey will not be able to build that type of coaster until the time of the contract has expired not the whole country......and I DO NOT believe Busch got a deal with B&M to ban dive machines from being built out of busch-owned parks throughout the US....its just not the way these deals go down.......and gadv is not close enough to BGE for this contract to affect us.

Mark Kane's comments: Just last year in an exclusive Q&A session with gadv source Mark Kane hinted that the next "big coaster" could be coming in 2009. He also did mention that things were not final so the plans could have fallen through, esspecially considering the 2 billion in debt that SF is in. But either way gadv will need something new....esspecially considering all the rides that have left the park this year. Do I believe that this dive machine is ours.....not necessarily.....do I believe there is a chance.....absolutely.

All I am saying is keep your eyes open we may see this coming our way.....

V
I SOLD LASER pointers

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#2 coastercrazy407

coastercrazy407

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:39 PM

I can't see GADV getting a dive machine next year.

That would be 4 coasters in 5 years, alot for a company so much in debt to focus so much on one park. However another addition to OC like PDC and GK has done wonders for the park. A new coaster with nicely themed areas / flats is the direction the park needs to continue to go in.

But this is just all too soon, there has been no sign of construction at the park and way too soon for track to arrive. GADV is only in the running because there are so few places for this to go, I'm not holding my breath for this one, but I am interested.  :ph34r:
Posted Image

#3 kkcr77

kkcr77

Reccession Bancakes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:44 PM

This rumor has been flying for awile now. I'm pretty sure this track is head to King's Island where they've already started constucting a dive-style splashdown. http://www.coasterfo...2_articleid/582
Posted Image
ThrillCoaster Tours---California Coasters Tour---2 days!

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 09:45 PM

I hope we are getting it. Even though we have gotten a lot of coasters this decade, we lost 2 as well so with Viper removed for ET and Chiller removed for TDK, our coaster count hasn't increased since KK. Plus it would be cool to be the first park to have 5 B&M's, then all we need is a sitdown and a standup and we have 1 of every kind of B&M in the park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:22 PM

^You don't know how true you are.

#6 redsoxfan0810

redsoxfan0810

Resident rowing beast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

This rumor has been flying for awile now. I'm pretty sure this track is head to King's Island where they've already started constucting a dive-style splashdown. http://www.coasterfo...2_articleid/582

That has been my hunch since I saw the pictures a bit ago. I think it's a not a dive machine but a Hyper with the splash element for Kings Island.

Edited by redsoxfan0810, 14 June 2008 - 10:45 PM.

#7 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:14 AM

^mmmmm.....I overlooked king's island rcdb doesn't have it listed under "new for 2009". I've gotta say that is the most likely place to recieve this coaster. However, this track has been confirmed to be dive machine track it is definitly not hyper track.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#8 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:18 PM

Well no one probably hear about this but, there is a chance that Anheuser-Busch is going to be bought by a company called InBev.

Belgian-based InBev NV (INB.BT) announced Thursday it plans to buy Anheuser- Busch for $47 billion, creating the first global beer company. The merger would combine InBev's sales in Western Europe, Latin America and Canada with Anheuser's dominant position in the U.S. market.

Anheuser's amusement parks, including popular SeaWorld and Busch Gardens parks, could be sold if InBev's bid is successful. In a conference call Thursday, InBev said it may sell some of Anheuser's non-core assets.

Source

I'm not saying we're getting the dive machine, but could this affect the deal with B&M ?
Posted Image

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 12:29 PM

I guess it could but the deal doesn't affect us anyway......actually on second thought it could. If the deal is that they can not build a dive machine within a certain radius of both busch gardens that the dive machines were put in at then we're fine. But if the deal is that a dive machine can not be built within a certain radius of ALL anheuser-busch owned parks than that would affect us because Sesame place is an anheuser-busch owned park.....hmmmmm
Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 redsoxfan0810

redsoxfan0810

Resident rowing beast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:00 PM

^mmmmm.....I overlooked king's island rcdb doesn't have it listed under "new for 2009". I've gotta say that is the most likely place to recieve this coaster. However, this track has been confirmed to be dive machine track it is definitly not hyper track.

Well maybe to use the splash element even a hyper would need a different looking track. Things do change.

#11 rccrazy23

rccrazy23

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:32 PM

The size of the track doesn't matter with a splash down its the trains.

#12 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:06 PM

^exactly the track pictured is definitly dive machine track.....unless they're going to make longer rows for the hyper coasters.....the only current design B&M makes that utilizes track that is as big as the track pictured is the dive machines.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Joshua

Joshua

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 06:16 PM

Yeah, that's Dive Machine track for sure...this could be interesting to see where it goes.

#14 PatMan007

PatMan007

A Walk In The Park Podcast Host & In The Loop Co-Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:08 AM

Here is an article that mentions the agreement between Busch & B&M, but remains vague on the length:

http://news.tbo.com/...GBYTHQ8U0E.html

To ensure a competitive advantage, Bollinger & Mabillard, the Swiss manufacturer of the diving coaster, has agreed not to build any similar coasters in the United States for several years, Brown said.
A Walk In The Park Podcast Blog
NOW PLAYING This week: Video from Mousefest
Coaster Count: 306
In The Loop Co-Host

#15 Coasterfusion

Coasterfusion

The Thrills Are Always On

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

I personally think that this track is a little too small for a Dive Machine. The Dive Machine track is huge. Take a look at Griffon and Sheikra. Plus the little dip that the ties have aren't on the current Dive Machines. This is definately track for a hyper which I think is going to Kings Island. I have heard that the new hyper will have a splash down. If a flying coaster in Orlando is getting it, why can't a hyper at Kings Island. The are for this construction is spread out.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users