78 replies to this topic

#31 Coasterfusion

Coasterfusion

The Thrills Are Always On

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:43 PM

^The track is not wide at all. This is definately a hyper coaster. It's the only thing. Why would they have this sitting in Ohio if it was going to Florida. This is going to KI, it's a hyper with a water splash down. When you go on Griffon or Sheikra the track is very wide and the track has different ties. This obviously has hyper coaster ties, without a doubt.

#32 yankees15

yankees15

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:07 PM

The track on Vertical Coaster at Chimelong Paradise has the ties that go in. I don't think we can count out a dive machine now.

http://picasaweb.goo...302078158032066

#33 KDKoverrated

KDKoverrated

Runaway Train

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:47 PM

maybe u guys are completely over thinking this whole support attachment thing, maybe the way that b&m does their attachment is not coaster type specific
Posted Image

#34 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:01 AM

^The track is not wide at all. This is definately a hyper coaster. It's the only thing. Why would they have this sitting in Ohio if it was going to Florida. This is going to KI, it's a hyper with a water splash down. When you go on Griffon or Sheikra the track is very wide and the track has different ties. This obviously has hyper coaster ties, without a doubt.

This track is in ohio because it was made @ B&M's fabrication plant in ohio which is where I presume it is still sitting. B&M only has 2 fabrication plants: ohio and switzerland. The coasters in the americas are made in ohio and the coasters overseas are made in switzerland.....usually anyway.

Furthermorehere are some B&M hyper comparisons to the red track in ohio and I'm not seeing hyper coaster track at all....but you can all make that decision yourself here you go:

Posted Image

^Goliath @ La rhonde compared to red track in ohio:

Posted Image

Posted Image

^ Hollywood Dream: The ride compared to red track in ohio:

Posted Image

I'm definitly seeing wider track just look at the spine in the compariosn to the hollwood dream.....hollywood dream's spine makes a vertical rectangle......while the red track in ohio makes a horizontal recatangle that is a clear tell tale sign that this track is definitly wider than a hyper coaster!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#35 SFGAnerd

SFGAnerd

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:18 AM

Its definitely a new sort of coaster. Could B&M possibly be building their first Giga Coaster?
Maybe the extra height calls for some extra support, and the wider track and newly modified trains will help with that.

EDIT: After looking over Vertical Coaster's track ties, I can now not rule out a Dive Machine. Vertical Coaster has the exact same ties as the red track. Look closely. They are identical. And considering B&M had just opened Vertical Coaster, I now believe that this is in fact newly designed Dive Machine track.

Look:

http://picasaweb.goo...302022323457202
Vertical Coaster

Posted Image
Red track.

Also, check out this POV of the ride. Now that is a close angle of the track spine.

Take into consideration the camera angle. However this is definitely the exact same track type. I believe we have a Dive Machine.

Edited by SFGAnerd, 19 June 2008 - 06:35 AM.

Just another average Joe
2010 Ride Count: KK-1 ET-1 N-3 SUF-2 GASM-1 B-2 RMT-0 BLTT-1 SM-1 BTR-2 TDKC-2 RRR-0 RTL-1 RTR-0

#36 supermanros16

supermanros16

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:40 AM

ive seen the video and compared the pictures and i got to go with SFGAnerd with it being a Dive Machine, it may not matter but even with the lift hill everythings in the same spot and dare i say same color

#37 Coasterfusion

Coasterfusion

The Thrills Are Always On

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

The track on Vertical Coaster at Chimelong Paradise has the ties that go in. I don't think we can count out a dive machine now.

http://picasaweb.goo...302078158032066

Now that makes me think. Hmmmm I have heard that the new coaster is going to be called Mustang. And why does Screamscape have a layout of the coaster? Is that just a projected layout? So as of right now I am a little undecided! I hate this, I hate how I get over coasters when they are being built!

#38 Coasterguy618

Coasterguy618

Rockin' them shades...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 11:35 AM

Well, 1. It is in Ohio because thats where the B&M plant is. 2. Yes, the track is wider than normal B&M Hyper track.

Edited by Coasterguy618, 19 June 2008 - 11:38 AM.

#39 KDKoverrated

KDKoverrated

Runaway Train

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:14 PM

off topic but has anyone else realized how the names of japanese roller coasters are so unoriginal. with their dive machine named "vertical coaster"
Posted Image

#40 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 02:28 PM

a lot of times they don;t translate directly to english, but I do see what you are saying......back on topic peeps
Posted Image

Posted Image

#41 David Jr

David Jr

too fat to ride El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:06 PM

There's always the possibility this new track is for another park. I'm not getting my hopes up until more info becomes available.
PSN ID: David_Lucas

Burnout: Paradise
Battlefield: Bad Company 1 and 2

#42 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:47 PM

Here is what I feel at the moment:

1. This is wide track (whether dive machine or possibly new wide track for new wider hyper trains.....?)
2. Based on the layout KI is definitly getting a B&M hyper
3. KI's splash zone is too small to accomidate this wide track
4. We know Mirabilandia is getting a B&M, but we don't know what yet
5. We know Mirabilandia's coaster height is 164'
6. No dive machine has ever been built with a drop height lower than 179'
7. No new generation dive machine has ever been built with a drop height lower than 195'
8. B&M has never fabricated a coaster for a park overseas in Ohio
9. B&M's switzerland fabrication plant is only 6 hours from Mirabilandia!

This basically puts me back @ a stand still on where this freaking dive machine track is going. I'm certain now that it is not King's Island, there is a possibility that this is going to Mirabilandia but that window of possibility is pretty small. I am simply at a loss here there is no hard rumor anywhere else.....whatever park is getting this coaster kudos to them cause they are doing a hell of a job keeping it under raps! I mean this is the first time I've ever seen in 10 years where we had pictures of track and not had any clue what park it belongs to!!!!!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#43 Coasterguy618

Coasterguy618

Rockin' them shades...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:43 PM

Well, there also are footer markings in Cedar Point over in the Disaster Transport Area, like behind it, but doesn't CP have a contract with Intamin or somthing?

#44 Guest_majortom1981_*

Guest_majortom1981_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:21 PM

Are you guys sure this is not going to universal studios florida for Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit ?

#45 Coasterguy618

Coasterguy618

Rockin' them shades...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 09:35 PM

Hollywood Rip, Ride Rockit is a Maurer Shone X Car coaster, not a B&M.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users