27 replies to this topic

#1 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:24 AM

Six Flags - (7/1/08) Though Six Flags stock price has been in a state of freefall over the past several weeks, the stock dived even more sharply after the news of the death at Six Flags over Georgia hit the airwaves. Right now the stock is sitting at about $1.15 a share and if what I’ve read elsewhere is true… if the stock price drops below $1.06 for more than 30 days, they will be de-listed from the stock exchange. It kind of makes me wonder if there are some companies out there (mostly foreign investors) who are just waiting for the company to hit rock bottom and file for bankruptcy in order to swoop in and pick up the pieces dirt cheap.

Not good, not good at all from screamscape.

T
After the GK announcement JJ2K thought this was the BEST move SFI ever made

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:44 AM

According to Yahoo it's down to $1.01

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 PatMan007

PatMan007

A Walk In The Park Podcast Host & In The Loop Co-Host

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:50 AM

Mine with me, I am by no means happy with the 'Shapiro Regime'.
A Walk In The Park Podcast Blog
NOW PLAYING This week: Video from Mousefest
Coaster Count: 306
In The Loop Co-Host

#4 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 11:55 AM

I think we are seeing the end of this ownership, when it falls off the list its over.

#5 Guest_majortom1981_*

Guest_majortom1981_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:06 PM

I originally voted no for the change over and since i am only one stock holder with only about 50 shares I have no say in anything that happens. I am hoping that a company that sees how much potential Great Adventure has will buy up the park. If Six Flags doesn't sell off Great Adventure i see them selling off more parks and keeping a select few. Something needs to be done. Their family oriented stance was good but they went about implementing it wrong.

We need a dark ride, not a themed coaster, we need more family rides, better customer service, a sit down restaraunt. Until these things are done at all of the Six Flags parks this chain will go down the tubes.

#6 Guest_sros1fan_*

Guest_sros1fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2008 - 01:21 PM

They will just file for bankruptcy and go under a new name, companies do it all the time its no big deal. If you check the stock market all stocks are falling not just SF.

#7 coastercrazy407

coastercrazy407

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 04:10 PM

As its been stated before, this family friend bologna was nice, but clearly the park has no idea what families like.

Great Adventure has never been a family park, its a thrill park, always has been, always will be. Us Jersey Folk know you go to GADV to ride the coasters, not to have a family outing. If you want that you go to Hersey or maybe even Dorney.

This family stuff was a great idea. We all had hope it could be executed; but now 2+ years later we're sitting here with less flat rides and one new over priced wild mouse coaster. Its time for someone else to step up to the plate..
Posted Image

#8 Guest_southview2_*

Guest_southview2_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 July 2008 - 02:16 PM

What does it mean if they get de-listed from the stock exchange?

#9 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:57 PM

If they were smart, they would build more thrill rides. Six Flags is NOT a family park, as ^^ said. It never will be. Everyone I talk to says The Dark Knight sucks. I agree with coastercrazy407.
Posted Image

#10 coasterbill.

coasterbill.

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 10:56 AM

As much as everyone would like to blame this on the fact that they took out the flat rides it's really just the product of a bad economy and people not being able to afford Six Flags.

#11 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:16 AM

Then why are the other them park companies still doing much better then SFI? SFI is the worse product out there for them park companies, and there numbers show that.

#12 Guest_sros1fan_*

Guest_sros1fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:52 AM

^what numbers are you talking about? CFs stock is dropping and all parks across the country are showing low attendance numbers. So lets see these numbers you are talking about.

Paramont Parks bought by CF which is now over 2billion in debt

Kennywood entertainment bought out by Parque inc

Busch is now in a takeover battle as well

Family owned parks are struggling to keep their parks open

#13 El Nitrusa

El Nitrusa

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 12:18 PM

Exactly. It's not just six flags: especially with gas prices the way they are right now, people aren't willing to shell out the money to drive an hour or so to spend a day at Six Flags (therefore thinning out Gadv's biggest market, the Philly/ New York City crowd.) Perhaps if they did have a hotel, then people would be willing to make that drive if they could spend more than a day at Six Flags.
Posted Image

#14 Gibson45

Gibson45

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

If only they didn't raise the ticket prices...
Posted Image

#15 Mike240SX

Mike240SX

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:22 PM

It's not that other companies are doing spectactularly. Everyone, ever US business, ir hurting in this economy. The point they are making is that the others are not suffering AS MUCH as SFI.

Oh, and on the Busch deal...
1. Busch was approached by InBev regarding the corprate purchase, they had not been soliciting buyers.
2. InBev has explicitly stated that they want nothing to do with Busch's parks, just the beverage line. This means that the parks very well could remain under the current Busch management, but obviously nothing is set in stone.
-Mike
SFGA Employee, 1998-2003
SFGA Guest, 1980s-2008
Enough is enough.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users