Photo

The begining of the end

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_majortom1981_*

Guest_majortom1981_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:44 PM

Ouch $.91 the stock is down to . With 92 million outstanding shares doesn't that mean somebody can come in and only pay 92 million and basically by six flags?

#17 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 08:27 AM

^what numbers are you talking about? CFs stock is dropping and all parks across the country are showing low attendance numbers. So lets see these numbers you are talking about.

Paramont Parks bought by CF which is now over 2billion in debt

Kennywood entertainment bought out by Parque inc

Busch is now in a takeover battle as well

Family owned parks are struggling to keep their parks open

Take a look at above post and you tell me what other Theme park company stock is that low. No one is even close, SFI right now is next to worthless.

• Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:58 PM

This topic is about Six Flags stock prices, not Busch's takeover.

#19 Mike240SX

Mike240SX

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 07:52 PM

No one said it was. One poster made an argument that SFI wasn't in bad shape by comparing it to what he thought were other equally-bad park companies. My two lines about the Busch deal were to refute his argument.
-Mike
SFGA Employee, 1998-2003
SFGA Guest, 1980s-2008
Enough is enough.

#20 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:38 PM

Down to $0.77, how much lower can it possibly go? (I know the answer is 0 but that doesn't seem likely at least for now)

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#21 Guest_majortom1981_*

Guest_majortom1981_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:08 PM

At this rate, I am hoping we have a park . Unless investors come in and buy up great adventure this could be a very bad thing for our park.

#22 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 11:27 AM

.70?! Wow...ya the company is done...lets see how the rest of this year goes down hill.

• Guests

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:33 PM

No one said it was. One poster made an argument that SFI wasn't in bad shape by comparing it to what he thought were other equally-bad park companies. My two lines about the Busch deal were to refute his argument.

Wasn't speaking to you. :P I had just cleaned up the thread a bunch of off topic posts.

#24 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 01:26 PM

Off topic...but thats a great avatar dan...

#25 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 06:22 PM

.48....holy crap
SIX 4:00PM ET 0.48 Down 0.37 Down 43.53% 16,614,671

Apparently someone just dumped 9 mill of there shares.

#26 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

.48....holy crap
SIX 4:00PM ET 0.48 Down 0.37 Down 43.53% 16,614,671

Apparently someone just dumped 9 mill of there shares.

I KNEW I should have "shorted" SIX today! It's obvious the financial picture must look bleak to see this type of volatility. I wonder who dumped those shares?

Six Flags shares plunge 44 percent
Wednesday July 16, 6:18 pm ET; AP via Yahoo Financial http://tinyurl.com/6mb6gl

Six Flags shares plunge 44 percent, then gain after-hours, in roller coaster session

NEW YORK (AP) -- Six Flags Inc.'s shares, which have been punished by weakening consumer spending and soaring fuel prices, continued their roller coaster ride on Wednesday, plunging nearly 44 percent at the end of the trading session.

Six Flags' shares lost 37 cents to close at 48 cents, after touching an all-time low of 25 cents during the day. The New York-based company's stock has lost more than 90 percent from its 52-week high of $5.92 last July. In after-hours trading, the stock regained 10 cents to 58 cents.

On Tuesday, research firm IBISWorld predicted that fewer Americans will visit U.S. amusement parks this year and admissions will improve only slightly in 2009.

"Park admissions are expected to suffer this summer because of the economic outlook and related deferred investment in new rides and facilities," wrote senior analyst George Van Horn. He noted that new roller coasters and thrill rides, which are major draws for repeat visits, can cost $15 million to $20 million each.

Six Flags is opening 7 new roller coasters this year, along with new water rides and other attractions. The company has also lowered ticket prices at its parks to help lure visitors with less discretionary spending.

William Schmitt, the company's investor relations representative, declined to comment on the stock movement earlier in the session. He was not available for comment after the market close.

Six Flags is expected to report second-quarter earnings on Aug. 4.

Edited by Thunderbolt, 16 July 2008 - 07:41 PM.

#27 ericthewanderer

ericthewanderer

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 04:02 AM

SFI was screwed up by the Premier Parks management:they went crazy buying up parks, installing major coasters a bunch of years in a row,and thinking the bottom would never fall out.But it did:they first had to get rid of those European parks,and now Astroworld and Geauga Lake are gone forever....

#28 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:05 PM

SFI was screwed up by the Premier Parks management:they went crazy buying up parks, installing major coasters a bunch of years in a row,and thinking the bottom would never fall out.But it did:they first had to get rid of those European parks,and now Astroworld and Geauga Lake are gone forever....

Funny, 1.3M more customers voted with their pocketbooks for PKS and Six Flags Worlds of Adventure over FUN and Geagua Lake. PKS drew 2M customers for their final season in Aurora. Cedar Fair, to their own admission, foolishly jettisoned the animals and sunk the attendance to 700,000 in less than 6 months. Tell me, how is Kieran Burke to blame for Cedar Fair not wanting the animals? Who told ---- Kinzel to replace the 3 year old Hurricane Harbor/Hana, with a newer version ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE LAKE?

As for AstroWorld, Red Zone sold it for $50M (some $20M lower than expected), and had to write-off $20M in demolition costs. So, they made $30M before taxes. I understood why Premier Parks put AstroWorld up for sale. It was a desperate (STUPID) move to stay a sale (or acquisition) of the company. When Daniel Snyder (justifiably) lambasted the sale, I was hopeful he'd get an injunction barring the disposal (and destruction) until the proxy fight was settled. Instead, he sold the place off for a song.

Shapiro and the board should be fired and disbanded. Their performance has been nothing short of disgraceful. Even PKS managed to eek out a profitable quarter and make their dividend payments ON TIME. You can blame Burke for the debt, but adjusting revenues to remove the massive expansion showed PKS to be profitable until 9/11. The entire amusement industry faced an economic downturn post 9/11; that subsided with the 2005 season. 2005 also saw Six Flags's last profitable quarter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users