#1 coastercrazy407

coastercrazy407

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 05:32 PM

http://www.hersheypa...aquel/index.php

This has been expected for awhile now, its sad to see the river rapids go, but I suppose its for the better.
Posted Image

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 06:36 PM

Just another reason I hate the Boardwalk. What is the next ride to go for more stupid Boardwalk expansions.

I am really angry at this decision. Everyone I told about this back when it was a rumor was not happy about it and felt Hershey was making a mistake. The Boardwalk should have been built away from the ride park like WWK is at Dorney or made a seperate gate. They tried to put too much in a small area and now it is at the expense of other attractions. The only positive thing about this is that it might help make coaster lines a little shorter but I don't think it will that much since last year I went on a slower day with the Boardwalk open and lines were still long, though that is also due to bad operations like only 1 train on each side of LR.

It's funny how years ago I would say Hershey was my favorite park without hesitation, now I'm not so sure.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 SFGAnerd

SFGAnerd

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 07:37 PM

This looks insane! IMHO, Hershey has gone all out with this, and I can't wait to visit next year to check it all out!
This will make Hershey one of the most unique parks ever! I'm so happy with this!
Just another average Joe
2010 Ride Count: KK-1 ET-1 N-3 SUF-2 GASM-1 B-2 RMT-0 BLTT-1 SM-1 BTR-2 TDKC-2 RRR-0 RTL-1 RTR-0

#4 Coasterguy618

Coasterguy618

Rockin' them shades...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

I think this is good for the Boardwalk. FINALLY a place where those MASSIVE crowds in this part of the park can filter into.

#5 andrew14

andrew14

Go Pack Go

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 481 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 08:42 PM

Sounds alright but a wave pool with a 4 foot depth is not for me.

#6 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 July 2008 - 09:35 PM

I like being able to stand in 5' wave pools, even though my head is barely above the water's surface. I think this is a good move for Hershey.

#7 lil jimmy norton

lil jimmy norton

GADV Elite

• Members
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 11:41 AM

I, unlike many on other boards, liked the Boardwalk. Even though it is small, I didn't feel that way, and th gp seemed to love it, including my friends. I don't necessarily agree with this move, but I can see where Hershey is coming from.
My dog is destroying my life.

#8 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:54 PM

This will attract more people, but guys its only a wave pool and a lazy river. Its a smart move for Hershey. But I agree with Yoshi that they should have built it somewhere else. Then again its near the Rollersoaker and such. Whatever, I don't really mind about the rapids ride, but I better not see any other ride be taken away.
Posted Image

#9 KingdaKaRuler05

KingdaKaRuler05

You're Gonna Go Far, Kid.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,811 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 10:58 PM

Just as expected. The Boardwalk was huge for the park, and it only makes sense to continue to capitalize on it. Seeing CRR's demise is expected, and I don't mind it very much. The only problem now is where they will go next with Boardwalk Expansion? I can actually see Tidal Force on the chopping block a few years down the road if the Boardwalk continues to be successful. Ah well, this is a smart move for the park and will hold a ton of people.

-KKR05

#10 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:21 PM

Just as expected. The Boardwalk was huge for the park, and it only makes sense to continue to capitalize on it. Seeing CRR's demise is expected, and I don't mind it very much. The only problem now is where they will go next with Boardwalk Expansion? I can actually see Tidal Force on the chopping block a few years down the road if the Boardwalk continues to be successful. Ah well, this is a smart move for the park and will hold a ton of people.

-KKR05

I don't really think Tidal Force will be removed anytime soon. It's very popular with the GP. Everybody runs up and gets soaked by the giant wave, and there was a long line when I went, even though it was pretty empty.

Posted Image

#11 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 10:18 PM

I don't understand why Tidal Force always has a huge line and White Water Landing at Dorney is almost always a walk on or less than 5 minute wait. Thunder Canyon and Thunder Creek Mountain can easily get a 15 - 20 minute wait, maybe because it's not right next to the water park? I have always wanted to try Tidal Force but can't justify spending more than 10 - 15 minutes in line for it when I can ride basically the same thing at Dorney with a much shorter wait.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users