2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_sros1fan_*

Guest_sros1fan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2008 - 03:05 PM

http://afp.google.co...RO4PePNbbr5mzOw

Four injured in accident at Danish fairground
18 hours ago

COPENHAGEN (AFP) Four people were injured late Friday in a roller-coaster accident at the Tivoli fairground in Aarhus, eastern Denmark, a police spokesman said Saturday.

"Four people have been injured in an accident in Tivoli. They have been transported to the hospital where they are at the moment," Aarhus police spokesman Americ Chadha told AFP.

Asked about their condition, he replied: "I don't know if it's serious or not."

Fairground spokesman Henrik Olesen said the two young men and two young women, aged in their early 20s, "have been injured but not seriously. The exact circumstances are unclear at the moment."

The accident in Denmark's second city happened on a roller-coaster type ride called the Cobra, 400 metres (yards) long and 25 metres (80 feet) high, which reaches speeds of up to 70 kilometres (45 miles) an hour.

The first part of the train broke away from the rest and plunged to the ground, Olesen told AFP.

"There are some investigations and experts are working at the moment on the attraction," he said. "Cobra was designed by an Italian company. Cobra is a new attraction, it's its first season in Tivoli."

a pic of the coaster missing the front car

Posted Image

#2 GASMfreak

GASMfreak

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 05 July 2008 - 05:36 PM

well that sucks, seeing as the company that made the ride hasn't been around long and they haven't realeased almost any coasters

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 07 July 2008 - 05:17 AM

Wow these are the kinds of accidents I am always telling my gp friends are impossible. Considering the company is new, however, and this was their first coaster this was probably a major design flaw and they are extremely lucky that this accident did not kill anybody. I think its safe to say ride tek is just about done and over with.

On another note my recent disgust with the media on how they report roller coaster incidents worsens with this story......did they really need to use a picture of kingda ka to represent this story......seriously?!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users