2 replies to this topic

#1 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:56 AM

A group of us went to the park at around 2pm and the park didn't seem to be packed. Two of the people in our group got their 09 passes processed then we headed towards Nitro. It was about a hour and a half wait. I must say that I was really disappointed with how slow the line moved,considering it is known to be a quick line. After Nitro,we headed over to El Toro. El Toro's line was out of the entrance,so it was time to go to Ka. It was a two hour wait,but we had time to kill until the parade started. Very smooth ride today and no breakdowns as far as I could tell. After wards,we went to the parade,the awakening of Dr.Fright,and Dead Man's Party. It was great to be able to get a clear view of the stage considering how many people where at the parade.

We headed over to Nitro to get some food and check out the line for the Demented Forest. The food was great as usual and the line for the terror trail was very long. Deciding to go through the graveyard,we headed over to the other side of the park. The graveyard had a human traffic jam which was unpleasant to be in. We finally made it to Boardwalk and headed up to the freak show. Entertaining show,but should of been longer. We ran back over to the other side of the park again to get some Coldstone and wait outside of Hypnosteria (excuse the spelling if it is wrong). It was kinda sad to see the Chiller station being used for a fright fest attraction and Old Country has yet to be opened all the way. The line for the terror trail in the Chiller station was a hour and 20 minutes. Hypnosteria was a great show,but I forgot that it was 45 minutes long which resulted in choosing to go on Nitro or to see another showing of DMP. We headed over to Nitro,but the line was 45 minutes long. The wait was too long for our liking,so we went to the last showing of DMP. We left the park since they where closed and we realized that we should have waited for Nitro due to the traffic getting out of the lot. It took us a hour to get out of the park and I finally made it home at 1am. Overall,it was a great day because our main aim was to get some shows in and just do rides next weekend. I was a bit disappointed that I never made it to Batman due to the very long lines.

Overall ride count:
Nitro x1
Kingda Ka x1

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:58 AM

Sounds horrible with very long lines. So much for the upcharge trails keeping the lines shorter.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Diablo

Diablo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2008 - 12:40 PM

I, too, went yesterday. I got to the park at 10:00 and stayed until 9:30 at night. Not much to say, as you covered it all. Early on in the day, it was dead. Then, about 1:30, it was impossible to get on a ride. So, my ride count was pretty big due to the first couple of hours at the park.

B:TR x3 (Got to stay on)
TDK x2
Skull Mountain (2x- was running REALLY well. Full effects, had an extra boost to it, so it seemed.)
Nitro x2
El Toro x1
Ka x1
RMT x1
RT x2(left side)
Medusa x1

Upset I didn't get to go on GASM or Superman, but overall it was a fun day.

Edit: By the way, I went on the Escape from the Assylum trail. I was about 5th in line, stated waiting about 45 minutes prior to the opening. Decent enough attraction.

The Hypnosteria show was absolutely great. Funny, funny stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users