5 replies to this topic

#1 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:47 AM

We got to the park at around 2pm. For some odd reason,they were not letting people park on the left side of the parking lot. We parked way out near the employee exit and walked into the park. It didn't look too packed,so we were hoping to get some rides in today. We went to El Toro,but the line was wrapping around the ride. That was a definite no for today. Rolling Thunder's line was coming out of the entrance. So we headed to Runaway Train and it was about a 15 minute wait. Not as bad as it was the last time that we rode it. After that,we ran off to the other side of the park to Nitro and Batman. Nitro's line was at least two to three hours long. Next we headed to Batman,the line was way outside the entrance. By then,we decided to get some Papa Johns at the HBO food stand. We finished up and decided to take my little sis to the swings in Wiggles World. The swings were a five minute wait which was good because we wanted to see the awakening and everything.

At around 5:30,we ran off to the DMP stage. If I may say,they need to cover up for when Dr.Fright enters the coffin. It was quite obvious to see him go into the coffin. However,the awakening was great as well as Dead Man's Party. We left the stage and went over to the Jolly Roger. My sister was the only one that went on it. By the time that we got done with that,it was close to another DMP starting. My brother and I were allowed to go to the second DMP of the night,while the rest of the family went to see if Rolling Thunder lost its line. After seeing the show for a second time,it was time to see if Nitro had a shorter line. We met the rest of the family at the fountain and we all went to Nitro. Nitro still had the same line and it was 9:00! We decided to just ditch the idea of trying to get on any rides and we went to another DMP. After going to see the ghouls at the stage,we went and bought some mugs that were on sale in the store next to the show. It was close to another DMP and we were gonna go watch it,but decided to head home to beat the crowd.

Ride Count:
Swings x1
Runaway Train x1

Bad things about tonight -
People couldn't seem to comprehend that you should watch where you are going
Not riding Nitro -_-
Practically not getting on any rides

Good things about tonight -
Awakening of Dr.Fright (definitely better than last year's; with it using a coffin,but they need to improve on getting him in there without anyone seeing)
Dead Man's Party (don't care if it is almost the same as last year's show; still the best thing in the park besides the coasters)

Notes:
- The Spider that was on Medusa,is now on Dark Knight.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#2 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 01:13 PM

How far did Nitro's line go to? If a full queue is roughly around an hour, I can't imagine where a 3 hour line would beging at, near Skull Mountain?

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#3 Paul Zarate

Paul Zarate

Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:01 PM

How far did Nitro's line go to? If a full queue is roughly around an hour, I can't imagine where a 3 hour line would beging at, near Skull Mountain?

It was near the Security Stand in front of Batmans Drop. Yeah I went too. I got there at about 3 and left at about 6.
All I got on was El Toro, and I waited roughly an hour and 20mins. Considering that they transferred one train off! Thank gosh I was all ready nest to be ridden. for the note, El Toro lost its touch since I rode Boulder Dash :P
2009 Parks: Six Flags Great Adventure, Disney World, Disneyland, Dorney Park, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Knoebels, Hershey Park, Morey's Pier, Busch Gardens Africa, Busch Gardens Europe, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World Orlando, Universal Orlando, Boomers Amusement Park Fort Lauderdale, Kings Dominion, Holiday World, Six Flags Magic Mountain.

#4 BiZaRpErMan

BiZaRpErMan

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 09:32 PM

See, I was there from 1030am-1130pm, and I got on Nitro like 5 times. But with a gold flash pass. I agree with the People should watch where they are going. I had the same problems.

Posted Image

#5 joedonuts1011

joedonuts1011

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 10:53 AM

I was there yesterday from 11:00 A.M. - 7:30 P.M., and I must say, I had quite a different experience.
The park was very crowded, but I guess I was in the right places at the right times.

Upon entering the park, we went right to El Toro. Ka was not running due to the early high winds, from what I was told. The line was almost full in the entrance to the queue. Kudos to the El Toro crew. I only waited 25 minutes. LOVE THE LAST ROW!

Next, I took my 2 year old on Tango. While we were on, we saw a test train roll back on Ka. After that, we went to Bugs Bunny National Park, where I rode the balloons and the mini carousel with my little girl. We saw a train on Ka launch with people. We immediately headed over there....it was a walk on to the station. Ka started being snippy, experiencing some difficulties. As I got on the train, it broke down, and all we could do was sit there. In the end, it was only around 45 minutes total waiting.

Went over to SkyCoaster for my flight. Good ride as always.

Took a break for lunch. The chicken nugget kids meal at Character Cafe was just awful. If there are any parents reading, your best bet for good food for the little ones is Panda Express. I should have gone there, but my little one was really hungry. The chicken nuggets were so overcooked, and the chicken strips and chicken sandwich use too much pepper.

It was near 4:30 when we finished, and my daughter wanted to go on the big carousel. Couldn't say no. We then headed over to Nitro. The entire queue was full. Nitro's crew was without a doubt the best ever!! My hat's off to them! Only waited 30 minutes. They had to be dispatching trains every minute and a half to two minutes.

After that, my friends wanted to wait out Batman, and they waited for well over an hour. I decided to go into Wiggles World with my little one for a few more rides. That's when the sun went down, and the temperature got really cold. We couldn't stay any longer, because my daughter was cold.

In summary...

Ka - 1x
El Toro - 1x
Nitro - 1x
Sky Coaster - 1x
Tango - 1x
Balloon Ride - 1 x
Mini Carousel - 1x
Large Carousel - 1X
Wiggles World Red Cars - 1X
Wiggles World Red Planes - 1X

It was a fun day. Just wish it was a little warmer.

#6 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 20 October 2008 - 02:50 PM

See, I was there from 1030am-1130pm, and I got on Nitro like 5 times. But with a gold flash pass. I agree with the People should watch where they are going. I had the same problems.

Yeah,my brother and I were walking around the fountain then some lady walks right into him. Ugh,I hate these crowds sometimes.

Well the Nitro line looked long,so that is why we didn't bother with the ride. The crew on 10/11 was so slow compared to what the crews usually are. I will definitely hit Nitro this week,if the crew is that fast.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users