3 replies to this topic

#1 Chiller

Chiller

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 10:48 PM

There were a lot more of us this time around so we didn't get as much done as usual. Me and my friend got there around 5:20 and met up with everyone else.

We did Toro first, which was a 2 train wait for the back car. Looked back for this one for an insane experience. Unfortunately I started to get a headache after the ride, but it was because I ate too fast, I don't feel good, and I've just been too stressed out. So what do I do? I ride it again =]. lol. Same deal as last time, it's really cool that the park doesn't get that crowded on Friday nights.

Next we did Medusa. Walk on back rows, some great stuff and I couldn't believe how deserted it was up there. We took the SR over to the other side to meet more people, and that was also basically a walk on.

Everyone wanted Ka so we did that. Waited maybe a half hour even with only 2 trains running! We all got Gak and I happened to get 2nd row. Running pretty decent tonight but my headache came back naturally due to the forces.

Next I got some advil and everyone had Ted's. Slowly my head felt better. Figures no one wanted to ride anything right now, so we just did Demented Forest. This was my 2nd time through this thing this year, and I still think it's a cool attraction.

I was a little dissapointed when no one wanted to ride Nitro, so we just walked over to Toro enjoying FF on the way. Almost all switchbacks full, and it was only a half hour wait. That's pretty awesome. Got back row again, this time around is was better.

It was nearing 10:30 which is when we had to leave, so a few people went to SUF while me and some others went to Elvira. That took maybe 15 minutes, and was a great show as usual. Apparently SUF only had a 20 minute wait according to my friends.

So overall tonight was an ideal night to enjoy FF with a little less crowd. Every ride crew was doing great as usual!

And that's it for my 2008 season as a guest, but there are still 4 more days I can enjoy myself at the park but in a different way of course.

Rides

ET: 3
KK: 1
Medusa: 1
SR: 1
Elvira: 1
Demented Forest: 1
RIP Chiller 1997-2007

#2 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:43 PM

We went as well and had a great time. ^-^

Our group got in the park at around 5:30 and since we missed Nitro last week,my brother & I ran over to Nitro. It was a walk on for the last row. We re-rode and man,I just love the back row of that ride. They gave us trouble at the ride with his height. The one worker tried to say that he wasn't tall enough to ride. So,two people measured him and he was able to ride. Other than that,the Nitro crew was great tonight. We headed over to Batman and was denied a chance to ride. I had gotten my brother,a wristband thing that says 54 & Nitro. However,they still denied us entry to the ride. We went to find my mom and step-dad at the DMP stage,waiting for the parade. My brother and I stayed to watch the show. I just love the awakening,definitely better than last year's.

After the show,my step-dad and my brother went to guest relations. They said that they couldn't do anything about the ride situation which is really just stupid. The boy is 54 and tall enough for Nitro,but not tall enough for Batman? We got a worker to call the supervisor for the Movietown area and he signed the wristband. He also called all the rides in that area to let them know that my brother could ride. My brother and I went back to Batman and tried to get on again. We showed the worker,the wristband with the signature and he still said no. He didn't even height check him again. I told him to height check him or call the supervisor,Joe. The guy had his supervisor next to him and the supervisor got off the phone with Joe. Aha,we got to go on Batman and it was about a 5 minute wait. All that over a damn 5 minute wait. At that point,I was just tired of that section and we ran over to the other side of the park.

We went to El Toro,but it had a hour wait. We decided to run over to Twister and it was about a five minute wait. After that,we ran over to Kingda Ka and met with the rest of the family. My step-dad and I went on Kingda Ka. It was about a 45 minute wait and not a chilly ride. It was a great ride and worth the wait tonight. After wards,we headed to Runaway Train. One of the ghouls got PO cause I was talking to them and 'giving away' their hiding space. Their hiding space wasn't that great anyways. They need to hide in the fog and pop out. Anyways,we went to Runaway Train which was a walk on for the back row. After hearing about the Medusa retheme for next year,we decided to get on Medusa. It was about a 20 minute wait and a very smooth ride tonight.

We ran over to the other side of the park to get on another ride before the last show of DMP. My brother and I went to Batman,but it had a line. We ran to the Dark Knight since it was right across from Batman. It was an alright ride,the wait was about ten minutes. The people behind us in line kept complaining about everything on the ride,so we got in the front of a mouse car just cause they wanted to go in the front. After wards,we went to the last show of DMP and it was great. I talked to one of the dancers for about 5 minutes about pro wrestling before I had to leave. Great night and definitely worth the drive.

Best Quote of the night: "Shhh..its late" - Dr.Fright,DMP xD

Ride Count:
Nitro x2 (back row)
Batman x1 (back row)
Medusa x1 (front row)
Runaway Train x1 (back row)
Kingda Ka x1 (second row)
Twister x1 (front row)
Dark Knight x1 (front row)

Show Count:
Dead Man's Party x2

Good things about tonight:
- Not too crowded,definitely better than Saturdays
- Joe,the supervisor that called the rides in the area just for my brother to get on the rides
- Dead Man's Party
- One of the ghouls near the fountain managed to scare me while I was singing to DMP. He growled at me,so I growled back. xD

Bad things about tonight:
- Guest Relations saying that they can't do anything about 'rides'
- The height checker at Batman's entrance

Notes:
- Skull Mountain now has the spider on it.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 24 October 2008 - 11:53 PM

I saw them re-checking a lot of kids at Nitro today, I was there at the same time from 5:10 - 5:45 or so and saw I think 4 or 5 kids have to get out of their seats to have their height measured

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 25 October 2008 - 12:15 AM

I think it was mainly due to the attendant which was tan and had glasses. The other two people on Nitro said that my brother was fine. They moved the one guy to the other side of the platform because he didn't seem to know what he was doing. It was utterly ridiculous because if he stands next to me,he comes close to my shoulders. I am 5'7,so I know that he is capable of going on a coaster. It only bothered me that they quickly unlocked and relocked the restraints on the ride. My restraint was locked,but my brother was getting height checked. I told them that if he can't ride then I am getting off. Nitro wasn't as bad as Batman because they didn't deny him a second ride. Nitro's height checker wasn't even checking people and Batman's height checker wasn't making sure that he was standing straight with his head up.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users