• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:36 PM

I can't believe the end of the season is already here. It seems like I was just getting my pass processed in April and riding KK for the first time. This was my first trip to a park in November which was cool.

I was afraid the park would be backed today since in past years I read multiple TR's that said full queues and 2+ hour lines were normal for closing day. Maybe the cold weather stopped people or because it was after Halloween and people didn't realize the park was open kept people away but it wasn't that crowded at all, comparable to a Friday Night Frightfest.

I got to the park around 1:00 and was glad to see no line of cars to get into the lot like the 40 minutes it took back on an April weekday.

First ride of the day was Nitro. 3 trains running and just crowded enough that you had to walk around each time rather than stay on. Someone's drink was thrown in the trash from the train that arrived in the station when I was waiting for the back row. The op said to them since nothing can be left in the station, we threw it out. The riders got it out of the trash. The ops couldn't have left it to the side? Especially because I think the person at the entrance wasn't enforcing no loose articles as I saw someone take a pocketbook with them on the ride.

Skull Mountain had some maintenance door open near the top of the building which caused the entire ride area to be visible, even more than the strobes. You could clearly see the entire track layout the entire ride. I also discovered that near the bottom of the first drop, there is some Tiki Mask on the wall in neon colors that I never saw before, I guess because with no lights on it, you can't see it normally.

Despite being on the closed rides board, Medusa was open. 3 trains running but horrible stacking and double stacking making the 3rd train worthless. The signs about the ride changing got a bunch of people talking.

Kingda Ka only had 2 trains running earlier and looked like it was at least an hour, it later went to 4 trains and was a little less than a half hour.

Superman also had about a 25 - 30 minute line earlier in the day but by 7:00 was a walk on.

Scream Machine only had 2 trains but 3 were not needed as it was a walk on all day.

The Dark Knight was a 5 minute wait to get into the pre-show room. 2 girls behind be were going to ask an op what kind of ride it was and if it went upside down. I explained to them that it was a wild mouse and only had a few small drops. They went back for another ride but again, way too many people think it is a thrill ride (not their fault though).

I tired the parachutes for the first time today. I don't see how only 1 side can ever be running since they had 2 sides running today and it took over 10 minutes with maybe 20 people in line.

There were tons of sales all over the park. The Souvenir bottles were $3.99 with $0.99 refills but since you have to put them in a locker, I didn't bother, which is the same reason I never got one all season. Popcorn or Cotton Candy buckets were down to $4.99. Many shops had everything in them for 50% off. I was going to get a couple of shirts but sizes were very limited (basically 1 or 2 sizes).

Nitro - 5
Superman - 2
Medusa - 2
Kingda Ka - 1
Skull Mountain - 3
Rolling Thunder Right - 1
Runaway Mine Train - 3
The Dark Knight - 1
Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train - 1
Great American Scream Machine - 2
Tango - 1
Skyway - 2
Parachutes - 1

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#2 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:10 PM

We went as well and had an awesome time.

We went to the park when it first opened. My brother and I ran right for Nitro since we missed it last night. We managed to re-ride 4 times then it was off to Batman. There were 6 people in the batman station when we got in there. We were loaded and out we went! A bit rough,but still a great ride. We went on again,but it ended up breaking down with us on it. It got stuck right at the end of the station going out,so it took us 15 minutes to get out. We filled out a little form and managed to get an exit pass. The exit pass made us very happy til we realized that you can't use it for Toro or Ka. The exit pass went to my pocket for safekeeping for any long lines.

Next,we met with the rest of the group. My other brother wanted us two to go on the Dark Knight with him,so we went on that twice. Nothing too thrilling. We went to the other side of the park to Toro. My brother and I went on twice since it had about a 20 minute wait. We noticed Medusa had some blue on the track,so we went to Medusa to check it out. Our group met up at Medusa and three of us went on Medusa. Very smooth ride today,but the stacking was terrible. After wards,it was off to eating some Papa Johns.

After eating some awesome pizza with garlic,we went to Twister. It seemed quite,well boring during the day. Next it was the parachutes. The lady was taking a while to load people which was annoying. We heard that Ka's line was about a hour,so I decided to go solo to the other side of the park. I spent the next two hours at Nitro which was great. It gave me time to enjoy my favorite ride in the park. I realized what time it was and ran off to the parade at 5. Yeah,it was an early time to get there but I wanted to talk to my aunt on the phone. Our group met up and we watched Dr.Fright get awakened for the last time. Great show as usual. After wards,I ran off to Nitro again.

It was very cold by then and even though I was freezing,I refused to get off the ride til it was time for the next DMP. I stayed as long as I wanted to,then ran to meet my group at Skull Mountain. Before taking a shortcut in Wiggles World,I took a long look at Nitro then left. I went on Skull Mountain with my brothers and step-dad. Lastly,we ran to the last show of DMP. Great show and it is sad to realize that the show isn't gonna be there again until next year. After wards,we left the park. As we drove out of the parking lot,everyone was saying bye to their favorite rides since we won't be back til opening day. It was sad to think that the year went by so fast. =[

Ride Count:
Nitro x14
Batman x1
Dark Knight x2
El Toro x2
Medusa x1
Skull Mountain x1
Twister x1
Parachutes x1

Good things about tonight:
- Nitro's crew had the line constantly moving. Very good crew tonight.
- Got an exit pass and used it for Nitro
- One of the DMP guys hitting one of the DMP girls in the head (sorry,but it was so funny) xD
- Hardly any crowds at all

Bad things about tonight:
- Batman's height checker was about to argue with me about my brother's height again. I told them that he just went on Nitro and they let us go in the line
- Batman breaking down and wasting my time
- Security Guards making only the front row of DMP's first show sit down

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:31 PM

I thought you were supposed to get an exit pass when you get stuck on a ride. I was stuck on GASM for 30 minutes in August and we didn't get them. Next time I am going to ask.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:38 PM

I thought you were supposed to get an exit pass when you get stuck on a ride. I was stuck on GASM for 30 minutes in August and we didn't get them. Next time I am going to ask.

Good things about tonight:
- Nitro's crew had the line constantly moving. Very good crew tonight.

Thank you! I probably saw you because I was there all night. We were trying our best up there and tonight we had great chemistry and great people up there so it was good.

To Yoshi -

We got them after we filled out the form. I only put my name and my bro's name then drew a line through everything else. Then they gave us the exit pass.

----------------------

To Chiller -

I am pretty sure you saw me. I was up there constantly tonight. If you saw a brown haired girl with a john cena hoodie (black) then you did see me. I had my hood up when it got dark so yeah. xD

You guys did an awesome job. It went a bit slow in the morning,but when I went back later..man that line was constantly moving. Thanks for having the line move so quickly. ^-^

2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#5 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:39 PM

I filled out a form as well, it asked for name, address and phone number, but no exit pass.

Yeah Nitro's crew was amazing tonight (and all day). I saw 3 people checking restraints at 1 point and the op at the microphone kept saying to check the restraints faster. Easily the fastest crew in the park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#6 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:48 PM

I may as well add a little bit here seeing as I was there as well, not a full report though as I'll be writing one of my 1500 word essay-like TRs later in the week for my site.

Things I noticed:

-Medusa has blue track, the new re-theme must be reviving Shockwave.
-50% off all items, all right!
-Line were OK up until 7pm when rides like Nitro and Medusa became station waits. BTW, good job making Nitro a station wait Chiller n' crew!
-Backseat in the blue train on Scream Machine is really freaking rough but the white train is good. I wonder if they can get Vekoma to replace the trains on GASM; I bet that could make it a bit smoother.
-The sky ride cars roll pretty fast when coming off the cable and into the station; it was fun.
-Twister's programmed cycle is boring...actually I've noticed that for a while.
-That British(?) dude who acts in the Wheel of Fright show is awesome! (ex "Thank you, you've ruined the whole show! There was no puking!" -said to a kid who ate something nasty and had little reaction.)

Ride Count:
Nitro - 1
Batman: The Ride - 2
El Toro - 1
Medusa - 2
Great American Scream Machine - 2
Skyway - 1

I'll look forward to next year!

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#7 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 11:49 PM

That is odd. Maybe they did it for Batman since many people on our ride were upset. A few people were complaining about the breakdown. I suggest complaining to them that you waited so long and everything. We tend to get exit passes when we do that. We only do that when the workers are being err ignorant (such as last week at Batman). Only best thing about the exit pass is that we were able to use it for Nitro. So badly wanted to use it for Ka or Toro though.

I actually saw four at one point. Two would do the first half of the train and the other two would do the other half. Toro's crew did a great job as well,but Nitro's crew definitely topped them tonight. ;)

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:13 AM

I wish they would have 4 people checking restraints at least on the 4 B&M coasters all season. It would make dispatches so much faster, especially at Superman and Medusa. Dorney does it at Talon and Hydra and neither of those coasters normally stack for more than 10 - 15 seconds if at all

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#9 SFGAsue

SFGAsue

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 12:43 AM

Nitro's crew kicked butt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They usually are GREAT but tonight they even topped themselves.

#10 Guest_Beethoven_*

Guest_Beethoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

We went on again,but it ended up breaking down with us on it. It got stuck right at the end of the station going out,so it took us 15 minutes to get out. We filled out a little form and managed to get an exit pass.

Wow, small world. I worked Batman all day today and probably was the one that unloaded you off the ride and spoke to you when the train was stopped on the lift.

#11 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 03:19 PM

Thanks Chiller for the announcment you made when I rode ;)

I'm not going to write a TR, but I rode GASM 7 times in a row, and the 7th ride was 15 minutes =b
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#12 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:19 PM

We went on again,but it ended up breaking down with us on it. It got stuck right at the end of the station going out,so it took us 15 minutes to get out. We filled out a little form and managed to get an exit pass.

Wow, small world. I worked Batman all day today and probably was the one that unloaded you off the ride and spoke to you when the train was stopped on the lift.

Hmmm if you were the kid with brown hair that went to the front of the train when it first got stuck then you probably did. I was the one that was wondering how long it would take to sort out the problem since Batman isn't worth sitting,waiting for the ride to get fixed. I was in the row before the very last with my brother next to me. You may have been the one with the trash can lid that came to our row. I was the one that said I didn't need the lid,just get him (brother) off the ride. So maybe that was you. :tonofbricks:

#13 Guest_Beethoven_*

Guest_Beethoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2008 - 04:48 PM

Yea I was the one with brown hair that went to the front. The trash can lids were a stupid idea I dont know why they made us use those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users