21 replies to this topic

#16 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 08:55 AM

Warner Brothers owned Six Flags. We know what happens. I don't get it...
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#17 MRHS Falcons

MRHS Falcons

I miss her everyday

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 11:37 AM

Actually, now that I recall the other Warner Bros parks, I'm dying for Six Flags to go bankrupt and Warner Bros. take over it. Warn Bros got money, Six Flags got nothing. They make everything so much better.

Warners brother used to own Sic Flags Inc and their were a few flaws with them when they owned us. The first SFI was in debt just like they are today (which is why WB sold us). I can remember times when you would go to the park and JCP&L (now my great uncle worked for the company ) would do rolling black outs on the park. They would wait till the crowds were high and then turn the power to a certain side of the park off. They did this because Six Flags was not paying their electric bill, because they did not have the money in the budget. They would build new rides and not take care of the ones that were already in the park, hence the reason alot of the older rides have been removed (cause of years of neglect that started with WB). WB is not that great of an owner, the best owners that SFI has had over the years were ballys. We also have to give red zone a little more time they are trying to turn the company around its just the econmy is not helping.
Posted Image

________________________________________________________________________________

#18 sfgadviper

sfgadviper

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 26 November 2008 - 05:38 PM

Bally's....really? Remember the 80's? There were several incidents under the management of Bally's. WB was the best owner of this chain. I worked there during the WB era and the transformation to Premier. The changes were significant.
If you could see me here this way
Looking backwards from today
Would you do it all again...?

#19 jayjay

jayjay

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 29 November 2008 - 09:15 PM

What If Six Flags went bankrupt and sold Great Adventure to become an independent park? I bet there would be a lot a companies wanting to buy and own the park (other than Cedar Fail). Here's the company that I think would be a great owner of the park

New Owner: Warner Bros.

Park Rename: Warner Bros' Great Adventure

If Warner Bros. did own the park and retheme and rebrand it into WB's Great Adventure, the park would be closed for two years for WB to do all the retheming. Here's how they would retheme the areas

Main Street: Warner Bros. Street

This retheme would include renaming all the stores, restuaraunts, and the show facilities.

Main Street Market: Warner Bros. Store: This store would sell Warner Bros. merchandise, DVDs, and movie books.

Additional shops: Tear down the shops and merge build a walkthrough exhibit called The Warner Bros Story (Sort of like Paramount Parks' The Paramount Story walkthrough) This walkthrough would have props, clips, and posters from famous Warner Bros.' films

Papa John's: WB Backlot Commisary: Sort of theme it like a studio commisary

Dolphin Stadium: WB Diving Show: Have a show themed after famous diving moments in Warner Bros. films

Movie Town- Gotham City

Read my Gotham City topic to see what I want it to be like

Looney Tunes Seaport and Wiggles World- Looney Tunes Adventures

Merge the two areas and rename all the rides, except Road Runner Railway

The new area should have a major new ride as well.

Bugs Bunny's Wild West Adventure- A Dudley Do Right/ Splash Mountain type ride on the site of Koala Canyon

After walking through a movie theater, you board a log a enter a Bugs Bunny and Yosemite Sam cartoon. You see the capers of Bugs stopping gold searching Yosemite Sam. During the ride, you go through three soaking drops.

Fantasy Forest- WB Lane

Houdini's Great Escape- Escape from Hogwart's

Give the ride a Harry Potter theme and have the riders accidently go into a room of Hogwarts that is possesed by Voldimort

Carosuel- WB Carosuel

The ride itself will mostly be unchanged. The only thing that will be changed is the ride's soundtrack. The new soundtrack to should be songs from Warner Bros' music vault.

Dare Devil Dive- WB Stunt Dive
Retheme the ride after WB Stunt moments

Boardwalk- WB Action Zone

Sim Theater- Superman Adventure- The Ride

Retheme the theater and queue to the Daily Planet offices.

Plot- Riders are cub reporters for the Daily Planet. Later, Perry White gives the cub reporters a dangerous assignment, cover a story in which Superman has to fight Krytonian villains. The cub reporters cover the story in the Daily Planet's newest vehicle. During the covering, the rider's encounter the villains and Superman saves them and saves the day

Great American Scream Machine- Lethal Weapon: The Ride
Retheme to ride to include theming similar to the Movie World Australia Lethal Weapon ride. Retheme the cars into police cars.

Superman Ultimate Flight- WB Stunt Flight
Theme the ride after stunt moments in WB films

Frontier Adventures- Wild Wild Western Adventures

Medusa- Unforgiven: The Ride
Retheme the ride after the Clint Eastwood's 1992 classic.

Log Flume- Wild Wild Wild West: The Ride
Give the queue and station Wild West themeing

Also, the area should have a new stunt show facility

Show's name: WB Wild West Stunt Spectacular
The show should be similar to the Wild West show SFGAm had in the 90's.

The only areas that should be left unchanged are Old Country, Lakefront, Golden Kingdom, and Plaza Del Carnival.

What would you consider a good new owner for Great Adventure

Luis" Please Reply" Lucero

I like thed park when it was owned by time warner
It just seemed the park was for everyone
now it seems the park is made more for families and kids.
When time warner owned the park fright fest was great it had more themes a scary hayride, it had a theme when you were on line for the hayride
Now we dont even have a hayride, a crappy walkthrough you have to pay for, less ghouls

#20 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 04:23 PM

I have a new things to add to this idea.

El Toro- The Wild Bunch

The ride would be renamed and themed after the movie of the same name. It would fit since a lot of scenes from the movie are in Mexico. It would have it's queue removed and replaced with a western town queue (like Viper's queue, only longer and more elaborate). The trains would also have the bulls removed from the front of the trains.

Tango would also be removed and some kind of flat themed to Speedy Gonzales would replace it (what kind of flat would be appropriate for this character)

(AND NOW FOR MEMBER PARTICIPATION)

What kind of WB movie with a Mexican setting would be appropriate to retheme Rolling Thunder to?
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#21 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:55 PM

I have a new things to add to this idea.

El Toro- The Wild Bunch

The ride would be renamed and themed after the movie of the same name. It would fit since a lot of scenes from the movie are in Mexico. It would have it's queue removed and replaced with a western town queue (like Viper's queue, only longer and more elaborate). The trains would also have the bulls removed from the front of the trains.

Tango would also be removed and some kind of flat themed to Speedy Gonzales would replace it (what kind of flat would be appropriate for this character)

(AND NOW FOR MEMBER PARTICIPATION)

What kind of WB movie with a Mexican setting would be appropriate to retheme Rolling Thunder to?

I don't see a need to retheme an area which was fully rethemed in 2006.

Posted Image

#22 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

Warner Brothers owned Six Flags. We know what happens. I don't get it...

I know, except my version of their management is a combination of their Six Flags management and the management of Paramount Parks
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users