125 replies to this topic

#1 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:08 AM

The thread for all you new people and or attention whores that just want to get people to know you. ;)

Alright, first off my name is Josh Davidson, I am a sophomore currently at Egg Harbor Township High School right in here in South Jersey (may change to Tampa in the near future... heh) but basically I am a nut for Great Adventure. For my loser side of life, I am a huge roller coaster enthusiast and love posting long photo trip reports for my collection and memories. Yeah, but on my "cool" side I am also huge into music, sports (Phillies, Flyers, Eagles FTW) as well as love the boardwalk, fireworks, hanging with friends, and all that stuff.

I love photography, I enjoy it. It is a hobby of mine, and I use a Canon Photoshop S5 IS. I know how to make websites which is why I made Great Adventure Online. Oh, and I have a very sarcastic sense of humor which you all will love. Yeah, I also work for Vassar Square Condos and I think I covered everything. Oh yeah ladies, I'm single. Haha.

#2 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 12:13 PM

The name is Adam, I'm 22, and have been living in Jersey all of my life. I currently am living in the geographic center of New Jersey (Cream Ridge/New Egypt) and have a 30 minute drive to the shore, 20 minute drive to PA, and a 5 minute drive to Great Adventure. I currently am attending Burlington County College for Business Management. I have been going there for two years and have about another two semesters left. I work at ShopRite as a Business Center Cashier. Just like Josh and Amanda, I also enjoy photography. Finally, I'm a Phillies fan. Deal with it.

#3 Damn Matt

Damn Matt

Tampa Bay (Devil) Rays

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 09:30 PM

Hey guys,

I'm Matt. You may remember me as SilverBullet or KingdaWHAT back in the day. I'm 18 and going to NJIT for Civil Engineering this year. I enjoy music, photoshop, roller coasters, snowboarding and baseball. I'm born and raised in Essex County, NJ. About an hour from the park. I have not been this whole summer but am waiting to get an '09 pass in FF so I can go the rest of the year for free.

I'm a huge Giants fan, and am up to discuss any band ever.
That's enough of that.

#4 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:19 PM

Hey guys.

Most of you know me allready, my name is Dainan Rafferty. I am 18, and attend New York City College of Technology. I have lived in New York my whole life, and the Coney Island Cyclone is my baby. I have been on 177 roller coasers. And I've traveled to parks all over, as far as Japan. I am also a Disney nerd and work for too many websites for my own good

-Dainan
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#5 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 11:25 PM

Hey everyone,

I'm Christian AKA BuddyChrist, and I've been a part of the GAdv community for almost 2 years now. You may know me from my photo trip reports or my dumb sense of humor around the boards. I'm from Point Pleasant, NJ and am 19 years old. I'm currently attending Muhlenberg College in Allentown, PA and I'm majoring in Political Science. This past summer I worked at Great Adventure as a Guest Relations Host and VIP Tour guide, so I got to learn a lot of great things about the park and make some great friends doing it! I'm very excited to be in charge of this site along with the rest of the staff and I hope everyone enjoys their time on here! If you have any questions, don't be afraid to send me a PM.

Also, keep an eye out for some of my RCT3 work, I hope you enjoy it!

Christian

#6 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 11:52 AM

Hi, I'm Amanda, but you probably know me as Queenda Ka. I am fifteen years old, but my birthday is coming up on October 20. I live in central New Jersey, about 30 minutes north of Six Flags Great Adventure. I enjoy musical theater, theme parks, beaches (surfing and skim boarding especially, both of which I got good at in the Outer Banks), jet skiing, being in the Outer Banks, music, traveling, photography, and anything historical. My favorite music genres are indie, alternative, acoustic, rock, and screamo, but I'll try anything new. According to a lot of people, I've done a lot of growing up recently. I'm a fan of food; I eat a little too much. I'm very into maintaining my grades. I want to go to college to major in elementary education. I am an artist. I have a bird named Cali. About my physical appearance, I am 5'3 and I suppose I'm on the skinnier side. My hair is brown with a lot of natural blonde highlights. My eye color changes depending on my mood and what I wear. I currently have the darkest tan that I have ever had (which is extremely exciting)! I have a highly uncommon respiratory problem that makes me stop breathing at random times. I procrastinate constantly, but I'm still very reliable. I try to be a good friend. I care about some people more than I care about myself. I've had a hard life but it makes me stronger.

I'm very happy to be a part of GAdv Online. Feel free to ask me for anything if you need help! I hope our community lasts another eight years, and then some.

I hope you enjoyed reading my useless information!

#7 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 12:01 PM

My name is actually Stan Lee, and I am a kung-foo martial arts master in Tubet.

#8 WeeZeR8976

WeeZeR8976

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:02 PM

Hey guys,

Most of you know me already. My name is Andrew , I live in East Lyme , CT along the shore of the long island sound. I litterally live 2 minutes walking distance away from the beach. Its a busy little town with alot of stuff to do. I am 30 minutes away from SFNE. The only bad part of were I live is that an Amtrak train comes by my house every hour <_<. I got banned from this site about a year ago and just found out I got let back on yesterday. lol. I am 16 years old and will turn 17 on April 20th. I have a Guinea Pig named tyco, and a very expensive parrot named Versailles. Well thats me!!

#9 Schpeck

Schpeck

Fright Fest Ghoul

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:17 PM

I am Schpeck.

Been here awhile.
Posted Image

#10 NYR

NYR

Architect

• Retired Admin
  • 2,622 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:40 PM

Too lazy to type out my life's story, so here goes!

Name: Andrew
Former SN: NYRfan85
Current Location: Catawba, South Carolina (moved down here in June!)
Why Retired Admin?: See above line.
New Home Park: Carowinds! (just 20 minutes away, awesome!)
If retired, why am I still here?: Because I've been here since the old piss yellow boards, which seems like FOREVER ago, plus I still like to peruse the Mod and Anything forums, with the occasional visit to other forums.

:tonofbricks:
NJIT School of Architecture 2008 Now if only the job market would stop tanking...
Living in South Carolina, just 20 miles away from Carowinds!
Posted Image

#11 Jcoaster

Jcoaster

"I didn't lose my mind. I sold it on Ebay."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 03:57 PM

Hello, Im Justin Spisto im 16 and from Staten Islanad New York. Obviously we all know why im here. I love coasters and Gadv. Im a Yankees fan, even though this year was not there year. And I hangout with some loser named Rob Wranovics from this site.
Posted Image
This sites # 1 BGE fan. Save BBW!

Posted Image

#12 RobbW

RobbW

Wisdom Owl

• Retired Admin
  • 2,679 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:03 PM

Hey guys, My name is Robb and was formerly known as Yanks2Jets14. I Live in New York City (Staten Island) To most of you I am a familiar face. For those who don't know me, I am a moderator on not only this site but GADV Updates as well. I have ridden 77 Coasters, I love Millennium Force (DAINAN), and also have a very diverse coaster count as well as top 10. My favorite park is Islands of Adventure. My favorite coaster is El Toro/SROS (NE). I am also a J-E-T-S fan, Rangers Fan and a Yankee$ fan. If anybody has any questions, feel free to shoot me an IM or PM.

PS I also hang out with ^ loser

2005 GADV Source Coaster Draft WINNER!

Posted Image

#13 redsoxfan0810

redsoxfan0810

Resident rowing beast.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,253 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

Hey everyone, I'm Dan. I live in East Lyme, Ct, the same town as Andrew AKA Weezer, but I live in the northern part of town. (Still just ten minutes away!) I'm 17 and a Senior at East Lyme High School. I was born in Maine, and have previously lived in Groton and Montville, Ct. I live equidistant from Lake Compounce and SFNE, (50 minutes- 1 hour) and about 3 hours from GAdv. I've rode 87 coasters thus far. I love rowing, it's my best sport. This past summer a double I rowed in with a friend placed sixth out of 66 boats in the Royal Canadian Henley! My other favorite sports to play are hockey and baseball. I'm a big New England sports fan, (Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, Revolution) except I don't like the Patriots and root for the Seahawks. (Don't ask why, I don't even know.) I'm 6'3" and getting really worried if I grow one more inch and end up too tall to ride S:RoS! I think I've blabbered to the creepers enough. See you around!

#14 Steph!

Steph!

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 02:47 PM

Hello everyone! Obviously, I'm Steph. I love exclamation points! I'm 17 years old and about to be a Senior in high school which will be a blast! I've lived in the same town in North-Central Jersey my whole life, and I pretty much hate it, and I can't wait to go to a city for college. I've been on 251 different coasters and apparently I have the strangest top 10 ever. I'm sort of growing out of my "coaster enthusiast" stage, but I still love visiting parks and will still continue to come to this website, which I have been visiting on and off for about 3 or 4 years.

I love art, especially graphic design and photography. I post some of my artwork on my deviantART, but by no means does it have all or my best work. I am mainly a traditional film photographer, I love to develop my own prints and film-- I will FINALLY be back in the darkroom next week, and I am so excited! In the meantime I've been shooting a lot of digital photos (I'm saving up for a DSLR!!), mostly at concerts I go to. And that brings me to my next point...

Music! I love going to shows and listening to new music. I love rock/poppunk/ska/anything that feels good and I can dance to. My current favorite bands are Zebrahead, The Fratellis, 3OH!3, Vampire Weekend, Less Than Jake, Coldplay, lostprophets, OK Go, and the Jonas Brothers (don't judge). Um if you REALLY want to stalk me you can look at my last.fm, but I listen to a lot of music that doesn't get scrobbled onto there on my mp3 player. I've been playing the violin for umm.... 9 years now and love it. I have a good sense of rhythm and want to learn percussion one day... eventually. Oh, and I love the Spice Girls :D

Onto the random stuff:
I'm a perfectionist and I completely hate when I'm wrong- which is the best and worst thing about me. I love shopping but hate spending money. I love my dog. I am obsessed with the color purple. I love wearing/collecting rings. I love wearing ridiculous sunglasses. I can move one eye independently of the other, on command. I can also wiggle my ears and touch my tongue to my nose. I have hair that has a mind of it's own, that I dye a lot. My favorite food is fried peanut butter jelly sandwiches and my favorite flavor of ice cream is phish food. I drive a 2004 orange honda element and love it to death. I have a long neck and I love giraffes, but those two facts are pretty much unrelated. I have a good sense of humor, but sometimes people don't understand it. The end!
Posted Image

#15 Mike

Mike

It's on like Donkey Kong!

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 September 2008 - 09:13 AM

Hey everybody I'm Mike, I'm 20 years old. I'm currently going to college, to do what? I have no clue yet, but hopefully I will figure it out soon! I love music, I can listen to pretty much anything except Country. I love Hockey, my favorite team is the New Jersey Devils. I also enjoy riding my quads as well as paintball and many other things. Well that's enough about me.

If you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to shoot me a PM!

-Mike

Posted Image
4ever

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users