125 replies to this topic

#16 CSF

CSF

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 01:03 AM

ALright so I am sure some of you must be wondering who is this person that randomly became and admin and is not even posting :P

I go by CSF, aka Coaster Sim. Fan, on line. My real name is Paul, I am 18 years old, live in NY, and I am in my sophomore year of college, majoring in computer science.

Some of you might also have seen me if you play RCT3, I have made around nine sets of custom scenery for the game.

MY hobbies basically include any thing that involves multi media, such as video production, video editing, graphics, 3D modeling and animation, web designee (where I will be helping gadv.com), and programing. I also enjoy photography but need a new camera. Ooo and of course I am a coaster enthusiast. My goal is to some day find my way in to the industry.

I have my own site csfontheweb.com, which is currently in the middle of getting completely redone.

I am an administrator at coaster-net.com, I guess you can call me Josh's boss :P

I am also involved with the Theme Park Builder 3D project.

So now you know a bit about the mystery admin :P See you around the forums, yes I should be posting regularly now that my free time is a bit more sorted out (to confusing to word better but it makes sense in my head :lol: (give me some slack its 2AM and I have been up since 7AM :P)).

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 04:05 PM

ALright so I am sure some of you must be wondering who is this person that randomly became and admin and is not even posting :P

I go by CSF, aka Coaster Sim. Fan, on line. My real name is Paul, I am 18 years old, live in NY, and I am in my sophomore year of college, majoring in computer science.

Some of you might also have seen me if you play RCT3, I have made around nine sets of custom scenery for the game.

MY hobbies basically include any thing that involves multi media, such as video production, video editing, graphics, 3D modeling and animation, web designee (where I will be helping gadv.com), and programing. I also enjoy photography but need a new camera. Ooo and of course I am a coaster enthusiast. My goal is to some day find my way in to the industry.

I have my own site csfontheweb.com, which is currently in the middle of getting completely redone.

I am an administrator at coaster-net.com, I guess you can call me Josh's boss :P

I am also involved with the Theme Park Builder 3D project.

So now you know a bit about the mystery admin :P See you around the forums, yes I should be posting regularly now that my free time is a bit more sorted out (to confusing to word better but it makes sense in my head :lol: (give me some slack its 2AM and I have been up since 7AM :P)).

Posted Image

#18 FoN

FoN

R.I.P.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 07:13 PM

Yo! My name is Thomas. I am from Marmora,NJ and I have lived in Northeast Philly since I was 6,so I have lived all my life in the Philly Metro Area and don't intend to live anywhere else. I will be 21 years old on Tuesday(oh I can't wait,lol). My screen name was FreakofNITRO,but I have changed it to FoN since everybody was addressing me by FoN. I have been a member at gadv.com/gadvonline.com for over 3 years. I do most of my posting in the Miscellaneous and Sports Boards.

As mostly everybody knows,I am a DIEHARD fan of all Philly sports as well as Penn State. I also play a lot of Football,Hockey,Baseball and Golf when I have free time. My other hobbies are driving/traveling,movies,PS2,theme parks and ice skating.

My favorite theme park is GADV,my favorite roller coaster is Nitro of course,lol. I try to visit GADV at least once a year. The best 5 days of my took place in 2005 during my Senior Class Trip in Orlando where I visited Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure,Disney World,Busch Gardens Tampa and Sea World.

My IM is tommythetreat000. If anyone wants to talk to me,feel free to shoot me a IM!
R.I.P. Harry Kalas 3/26/1936 - 4/13/2009
R.I.P. Jim Johnson 5/26/1941 - 7/28/2009

#19 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 09:44 PM

Hello everyone! I posted a intro when I first joined,but since I am hardly on here..might as well post another one. My name is Shelby and I am 16 years old. I live in South Jersey and am currently a sophomore in high school. I have been a member of this site since October 2007. I hardly come on because I am usually busy on other sites. I am usually seen on here,once a week to update my ride count for the 2008 season. Usually,I post in the off topic discussions and fright fest threads.

Most people here listed their favorite sports teams,so I will list my favorites. My favorite football team has to be the New England Patriots. Favorite baseball team has to be the Boston Red Sox. Favorite basketball teams are Boston Celtics and Toronto Raptors. As for ice hockey,it has to be the Philadelphia Flyers. Looking at the list,you would think that I was born in New England. Truth be told,I can't stand the Philly teams around here except the Flyers. I don't watch too many of the teams on TV,although I regularly check in on them. The sport that I watch consistently every week on Mondays and Fridays,has to be pro wrestling. I have been a huge fan of pro wrestling since the age of five and still watch today. I enjoy watching WWE consistently and sometimes,I'll tune into TNA. My favorite WWE wrestlers have to be John Cena (no not a fangirl -_-),Randy Orton,Mr.Kennedy,Edge,& Chris Jericho. As for TNA,I mostly tune in for AJ Styles & Christian Cage.

I have been a season pass holder since around the age of 5,for SFGA. Every year,we get season passes to the park and go a lot throughout the year. Great Adventure has to be my favorite park (only been to 9). My favorite roller coaster of all time and at SFGA is Nitro. Every time I go to the park,I have to get on the ride. When it was closed for a few days this year in June,I refused to go to the park. Compared to El Toro and Kingda Ka,Nitro has the shortest line and usually the fastest. My second favorite coaster has to be El Toro. Great addition to Six Flags in 2006 and hope it continues to be a smooth coaster.

I'm done rambling now.

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#20 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 06:04 AM

I can't stand the Philly teams around here except the Flyers.

Eeek, you can't stand Philly teams?! How dare you! :shame:

#21 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:32 PM

Neither can I, deal with it.

#22 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 02:52 PM

^We are having a URGENT staff chat about this Christian. :P

#23 Shelby

Shelby

NITRO <3

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 08:03 PM

The Eagles make it to the superbowl,then they end up losing. Sixers are terrible. Phillies had a good season,but I am gonna stick with my Red Sox. =D

Rides worked/supervised/working/supervising -
2011: Skull Mountain, Rolling Thunder, Jumpin' Joey, Safari Tours
2012: Skull Mountain, Nitro, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Fun Factory
2013: Skull Mountain, Deja Vu, Fender Benders
2014: Nitro, Skull Mountain, Road Runner Railway, Bugaboo, Raja's Rickshaw, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver
2015: Bizarro, Hearts Aweigh, Daffy Diver, Air Safari, Bugaboo, Jumpin' Joey, Road Runner Railway

#24 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 17 September 2008 - 09:20 PM

This is not the NEPT.

Lets end sport stalk and back to introducing ourselves.

Thanks.

#25 fay

fay

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:01 PM

Well I might as well introduce myself (this may be all over the place so brace yourself). I'm fay, I am nineteen years old. I am from New Jersey, pretty close to Six Flags. I work there in the Wiggles Show and whatever other shows they need someone for. Music is my life. I went to a performing arts academy for high school for singing, acting and dance. My major was voice with a minor in audio recording. I taught myself graphic design six years ago and fell in love with it. I never took an art class or anything like that and I got into the School of Visual Arts in NYC for graphic design last year... aka my dream school. I loved living in Manhattan, was ready to go back but sadly loans fell through because I don't have alot of money so Iím taking a small break to figure it out what my next step in life is. I have realized everything happens for a reason so i'm ok with it but money or lack there of will not stand in the way of my dreams. I have held a job since I was 14 and I got a job last year at a graphic design creative firm, as a paid intern it was great. I love doing designs for bands and would love to work in the music industry. Now that I am taking a break from SVA I am going through all my interests and seeing what my next step is. I actually met my now boyfriend who I love with everything I am from being friends on this site, so I really owe this site alot. So thank you site haha. I obviously love coasters thatís a given, I have three tattoos, a butterfly and star that was on Billie Joe from green days wrist, the lyric "Take a sad song, and make it better" from Hey Jude and Belle and the beast on my ankle. I have a very very tiny nose stud which I love, the norm... ears. I live life one day at a time; I am obsessed with music and love to find songs that describe my day. I really like the Jonas brothers I have for almost three years. My friend and I went to 14 concerts last year. It was nice loving them when not every girl on the planet did ha. I also love the Beatles and any 90's song. I love meeting new people and traveling, I like creating and being creative every day of my life. Like normal teens I have a myspace www.myspace.com/itsgonnabebrilliant and I love making new friends but PLEASE donít add me if you don't plan on talking to me =] But other wise I would love to be your friend. For some reason I smile when I get email, I know its weird but no one really e-mailís anymore so its nice haha. My favorite color is purple. My favorite movies are Beauty and the Beast, Moulin Rouge and Wall-e. I would name my favorite artists but we would be here a very long time. I have a cat and a dog *pooka and rascal flats*. I am always laughing and smiling, I love to run and jump rope lol. I think my obsession with theme parks started when I was little going to Wildwood since I came out of the womb. I love scary things and Halloween is my favorite time of year. I love the smell of pumpkins when you blow them out random but now you know. I love everything disney! I would love to work for them too haha! Or for rollingstone magazine. I also want to do voice over stuff or be on the radio and have a show lol. I have very big dreams but I will accomplish what I set my mind to. I'm never not doing anything productive with my life, I always am doing something weather it be designing anything, being a dj at a dance, designing floral arrangements, creating a sweet mix or playlist, performing, teching a show or even jumping rope to spice girls in my front yard. I just like to do it all and enjoy everything I do. I am very appreciative of my life; I almost died on June 2nd in a car accident so I cherish everyday I have. I love wearing sunglasses, and getting to wear sweatshirts to six flags lol. I also am really good at keeping secrets and my friends mean everything to me. I love Asian pear green tea <--- try it you will love it. Oh and Blackberry IZZE. I love spicy food and fiery habanero doritos! I love anything green apple flavored. I love my boyfriends smile, and I will love you forever if you make if laugh. There really is so much more about me and if you actually read this all kudos! Seriously just talk to me and you will see what Iím all about. Oh and btw Josh is really awesome and he is really my long lost little brother we have decided. We have so much in common its crazy but he is great and I would love to talk to and meet other people on here as well and make some new friends! I'm not like most girls you know I can guarantee it. So yea feel free to say hi, I love to talk!

oh and if your curious what my work looks like =]

www.akafay.com <- my portfolio
www.myspace.com/akafaydotcom <- more updated "portfolio"

& I have aim if you like talking that way, but just PM me for it.

Sorry again for this being all over the place =]
Posted Image

Wiggles Show 09' <3

#26 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:21 PM

Wow, that was a long introduction! I know you guys aren't exactly "new", but welcome to the site Fay and Shelby.

By the way Fay, your graphic designs and artwork are amazing! Not going to lie, that's some of the best quality work I've ever seen. Great job.

#27 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:24 PM

Oh and btw Josh is really awesome and he is really my long lost little brother we have decided. We have so much in common its crazy but he is great

Awww. I feel the love in this topic.

#28 GASMfreak

GASMfreak

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts

Posted 01 October 2008 - 10:00 AM

Hey, I'm Danilo (Duh-Kneel-Oh) I'm sixteen and I'd like o think I'm completely different from when i started posting here. Music is my life and so are my friends. I like long walks on the beach, candle lit dinners, and fun loving girls ;) My favorite bands are Cobra Starship, The Academy is... and Panic! At The Disco (notice the !) I am currently a junior at matawan regional and i basically hate it. I have my large group of friends there, with he select few in there i hate =] My favorite movies are Moulin Rouge, Chicago, and currently Donnie Darko. My Favorite books are The Catcher In The Rye, To Kill A Mockingbird, and One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. The best place in the world is Italy, I've been there nine times and I'm going back for my tenth this upcoming summer. I have three places to live there, two are family's one actually mine. I am very nice most of the time, and always happy it seems lately. My myspace is www.myspace.com/iwiilruleu and my AIM sn is PutJackOnJill. Yes i am a perv but that is a math joke from my trigonometry class last year. And that is basically me minus a few details.

#29 ccrocker58

ccrocker58

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:02 AM

Hey everyone my name's Chris and I'm 22 years old. I'm currently trying to get into a new college to further my education in the field of Journalism; that said, I've loved to write since I can remember. I went to Brookdale Community College after I ran out of money to go to Monmouth University, plus I just plain didn't like that school too much. While I like to write creatively, my forte is in reporting, more specifically, I like writing reviews. I now have an Associates in the major, but as I said before, definitely want to continue in it, hopefully at Rutgers.

I have a distinct bond with Great Adventure since it contains many of my life's "firsts". The Fantasy Fling was my first ride ever going on when I was 5, Runaway Mine train was my first roller coaster, Rolling Thunder was my first wooden, my first girlfriend came from the park, the list could go on, but suffice to say it holds a lot of memories both good and bad. However, in terms of my favorite theme park, I'm going to have to say the honor goes to Disney World. I hate to act like a living ad for them, but that place truly is the most magical place on earth. My last visit there was in '06, my mom, sister, and I stayed in the Contemporary (a lifelong dream of mine was to stay at that resort) for the first time, and despite losing my wallet on the flight there, it was amazing. To top it off it was my sisters first time there and it was fun to see her face light up at everything in the park.

Going back to SFGA; I worked at the park in both the '01 and '02 seasons. As many of the members on this forum can attest to, working at GA is possibly the most fun you'll ever have at a job. In '01 I worked in Games and while it was one of the worst departments to work in, I still had a blast just being able to work at the park. I made tons of friends, and when one of my best friends at the time decided to work there too, it all boiled down to practically a summer long party. '02 saw me in Merchandising, which was a much more emotional season. Unfortunately I wasn't able to escape the heat completely since they decided I was a perfect fit for the Stroller rental. Again, another one of my friends decided to hop on board working first in Admissions, later transferring to Rides. Having a friend to share the experience with again was cool, but what made this season most memorable was finding my first real girlfriend, and the first person I can say I actually loved. Being extremely shy, especially when it came to girls, this also marked the first time I had ever approached a girl I liked and asked her out. Unfortunately this was also to be my first time feeling the heart-wrenching pain of rejection, since she had a boyfriend. In the end however we wound up together for all of a month and a day, but remained best friends for quite some time afterwards.

My main off-season hobby is video games. I've loved video games since I was 2 years old, and despite the public's shared belief that they're terrible for people, I owe a lot to them. I've made a majority of my friends becuase I play games, becuase I love to review video games, my future plans have been set ahead of me; I want to be a video game journalist. I primarily play console games, and at the moment have been playing mostly my 360, more specifically NHL 08, however I'm particularly good at Halo 3 and Team Fortress 2. If anyone wants to play me in anything send me a PM here and lemme know, I'd be happy to add anyone to my friend list on XBL, my gamertag is ccrocker58 as usual.

The thing I owe most to video games though is my current girlfriend. I met her online playing the MMO Guild Wars. I had been obsessed with the game, but upon meeting her discovered that the obsession was more a substitute for a girlfriend. After a bad break-up with my second girlfriend I had become extremely lonely and Guild Wars let my mind go someplace else. At any rate, after just a few weeks of talking with her in-game we knew we'd all but fallen in love with each other. Another few weeks and $2,000 (combined from the two of us thank god) saw me flying down to Tampa FL, where she lived to visit her. She really is the best thing that's ever happened to me and is the most beautiful girl I know. The only problem we run into a lot is her fear of roller coasters, but I'm slowly learning how to cope with that.

I also like reading comics as a side hobby, particularly DC, my collection right now is valued at somewhere around $1,500. Me and my girlfriend both are hoping to work at GA this coming season, hopefully in cash control, but I'd also love to work in guest relations or LP. I'm a hard worker; since I was 14 I've always had a job, right now has been the longest time without a job as I was the victim of cutbacks at Lowe's Home Improvements and was let go. I have a soft spot for classic Disney movies, my favorite being Alice in Wonderland. I love how dark and insane the movie is and how it puts this all in a bright, colorful world. However, I recently saw Wall-E and loved that movie; what other movie can have no spoken dialogue for it's first 30 minutes and completely capture the audiances hearts in that time?

So...that's pretty much me! Sorry if this was too long...I tend to get a little carried away with these things sometimes. :lol:

#30 Amanda

Amanda

Queenda Ka

• Retired Admin
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 12:52 PM

Welcome to the site, Chris! I can already tell that you're a great addition to our posting community.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users