Photo

What is the dumbest thing you have ever seen a park guest say or do?

187 replies to this topic

#1 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 04:40 PM

Ok, here are some of many:

1. "Kingda Ka is 5th tallest coaster in the world"
2. "About half of the people who go on Kingda Ka die at the launch". I wonder where they get these things.
3. Ask the operator of V2 at SFGAm why they aren't running both trains.
4. Throw stuff off rides
5. Try to slide out of restraints
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#2 PAPD37

PAPD37

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:04 PM

Can not state what i have heard
Posted Image

In memory of the 37 Brave Men and Women of the Port Authority Police Dept of NY and NJ who gave there lives on 9-11. It is cause of you, in the darkest hour of our country, we saw the lightest hour. May god bless you. RIP PAPD37

#3 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:09 PM

At Great Adventure, nothing really too bad. The worst is someone thinking they took Nitro's trains off the track by taking the train apart and then putting each row of the train in storage when waiting for them to take off the 3rd train since 2 trains was enough and seeing how the transfer track works.

Overall though it was at Wildwater Kingdom on 8/20/08:
In line for Patriot's Plunge (tube slides), people thought the Wildwater Rapids (body slides) slides were for Patriot's Plunge (the stairs run parallel to each other) and were worried how the tubes would fit in the slides. Then someone was afraid the real Patriot's Plunge slides were too small and they would hit their head in the slide.

At the platform of Wildwater Rapids, there are 2 fathers each with their own kid. One was around 7 or 8, the other 9 or 10. Not only did one of the kid have socks on, both kids were crying and didn't want to go on the slides. One father was pushing his son to the slide and the kid was going crazy. Meanwhile, no one else was able to slide while this was going on. The lifeguard told them to get to the side while the line started to move so I don't know what happened.

Then in line again for Wildwater Rapids which are body slides, I see 3 kids jump from the Patriot's Plunge line and get into the line for Wildwater Rapids, with their tubes! Then 2 adults follow them and another group of 4 kids also jump the fence and get in line. They weren't together so 3 seperate groups get up to the platform and are surprised when they find out you can't take tubes on the slides. They left them up on the platform.

Now for the worst, about 20 minutes later (I kept alternating between Patriot's Plunge and Wildwater Rapids), I see 2 kids coming up the stairs for Wildwater Rapids with tubes. They must have jumped the fence as well. They see no one else has tubes and one of them asks me if you need tubes for these slides. I tell them no, and I thought they would just leave their tubes at the slide platform when they got to the top.

Well these 2 idiots decide to throw their tubes over the staircase and they could have easily landed on a walkway and hit someone since they were about 30 feet up. Both of the tubes land under the slide complex where supports are and of course is a restricted area. As if that isn't bad enough, I see another kid maybe their friend jump the fence to get into the area under the slide complex to get the tube. I didn't see what happened next but one tube was still there at closing time.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#4 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:10 PM

^^ If I saw someone trying to slide out of their restraint...

1.Waiting in line for Superman, random 5th grader poked us is the stomach

2. On Nitro at the top of the lift hill, a women sitting next to us says" Is this a big drop"

3. A guest asked the operator on Toro if the ride was similar to the Cyclone at coney island

4. Night at The Asylum someone asked" Are yous really dead?"

5. When Ka got stuck, a women starting smoking in the queue.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#5 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:20 PM

I have some really funny ones...

1) "Where's the castle?"
2) Some people on KK ripped up a lot of paper into tiny pieces and released them on the top of KK. The paper took like an hour to get down on the ground.
3) "The teepee was a spaceship used by NASA and flew away." (and this guy was serious)
4) (After getting off of Medusa) "That ride sucked. I didn't see one person turn to stone."

More will come to me later.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#6 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:24 PM

1) "Where's the castle?"
2) Some people on KK ripped up a lot of paper into tiny pieces and released them on the top of KK. The paper took like an hour to get down on the ground.
3) "The teepee was a spaceship used by NASA and flew away." (and this guy was serious)
4) (After getting off of Medusa) "That ride sucked. I didn't see one person turn to stone."

LOL on #4
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#7 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:30 PM

1) "Where's the castle?"

Ok, if I heard someone say #4 I would ask them if they were dumb.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#8 Guest_Beethoven_*

Guest_Beethoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:18 PM

^ Im sure they were joking. They had to be... if not wow.

My all time favorite I witnessed was in 2006 on the Chiller. There was this teenage girl in line in front of us this whole time just talking on her phone and to her friends . She wasnt really paying attention. So eventually we get on the ride, and locked in and all that. The train launches. Me and my friend are in like one of the middle cars, in the row further back, and shes sitting in front of us. She seems fine the entire ride until we start to go backwards. At that point she completely looses it, yelling "WHY ARE WE GOING BACKWARDS?! OMG WHY IS THIS HAPPENING??!?!" The entire time backwards she is out of her mind, claiming we are going to die, exc, blah blah blah. Even when the ride has safely stopped in back in the station she is screaming like mad. Immeadiately after she is released she vomits in a nearby trashcan, crying her brians out. Her friends eventually assure her the ride was supposed to go backwards and she was fine.

How oblivious can you be, seriously? The ride clearly ended at the spike, and in the station there clearly was a metal door at the back of the track. And everytime the train came back going backwards. I wonder about people sometimes....

#9 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:29 PM

^ Posted Image
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#10 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 07:54 PM

The dumbest thing I've ever heard a park guest say was right here at GADV. At the parking lot, a heard a guy refer to the Daffy Duck section as the Donald Duck section.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#11 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 08:24 PM

Where do I begin???

1) Kingda Ka goes over the tower at such an angle that it snaps peoples necks.
2) People are really killed at Fright Fest.
3) Standing next to the sign that states Kingda Ka is the tallest and fastest coaster " Nitro is taller and faster than this ride"
4) Superman built his own coaster

I could go on for days.

#12 JollyRoger

JollyRoger

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

2. On Nitro at the top of the lift hill, a women sitting next to us says" Is this a big drop"

Did you reply by saying "not really, only about 5 feet."
Posted Image

#13 Jcoaster

Jcoaster

"I didn't lose my mind. I sold it on Ebay."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 12:40 AM

Okay...My turn.

1. "Kingda Ka is the new wooden one they recently installed".

2. When online for Batman the Ride, I heard these two dudes trying to scare younger kids by telling them a person died on the ride 5 years ago and they buried them under the cop car in the queue.

3. Hypersonic XLC was the tallest and fastest coaster ever built until the Chiller.

The list goes on..... lol
Posted Image
This sites # 1 BGE fan. Save BBW!

Posted Image

#14 matt!!

matt!!

We can't change the world unless we change ourselves.

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:10 AM

HHAHAHAHA i would have laughed if i heard him, thats not stupid that called being funny..loll
Coaster Count- 198

#15 matt!!

matt!!

We can't change the world unless we change ourselves.

• Members
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 02:13 AM

The dumbest thing I've ever heard a park guest say was right here at GADV. At the parking lot, a heard a guy refer to the Daffy Duck section as the Donald Duck section.

That was probably my dad. He never gets any names right- he called kingda ka- king kong..when we went to vegas he called the Aladdin hotel the bin ladin, the list goes on and on. But i dont think he was doing it on purpose he prob just mixed up the name or something.
Coaster Count- 198

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users