Photo

What is the dumbest thing you have ever seen a park guest say or do?

187 replies to this topic

#181 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 06:33 PM

I was at the park this past Sunday and I just got off Twister when I heard a young girl in front of me saying to her friends something along the lines of "We just technically rode a wooden roller coaster!!" :wallbash:

#182 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:05 PM

In line for Kingda Ka now, someone was looking at the wait time sign that says 60 minutes from this point. Armitron sponsors the signs. They see that and say, "That sign is not for this ride, it is for Amitron"

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#183 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 16 April 2013 - 01:50 AM

Maybe removing all the playgrounds and play areas from Great Adventure wasn't such a good idea.

on Saturday, around 20 minutes after closing there were around 4 kids climbing up that Bugs Bunny topiary/planter in the parking lot and rolling down it. Besides the fact they could have fallen onto the parking lot and gotten hurt from that, they also could have gotten hit with a car if they fell off the platform. And you know if either of those things happened the parents would have sued the park.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#184 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:07 PM

While riding Thundercreek Mountain at Dorney, at the upper portion of the ride that goes right next to Hydra's exit path, someone walking from Hydra yells out to me asking if the ride had reopened. I guess the fact that I was in one of the boats and on the ride didn't make it obvious to them that the ride was running.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#185 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

At the sealion show-

-"Is this the seal show?"

-"Whats in here sharks?"(Whales is also common)

-"Is this the safari"?

*Looks at/reads showtime sign then walks over to us employees*- "What time are the shows?"

Telling guests they have to remove the clear plastic lid and straw from their drink because we cant have clear plastic inside the stadium for the saftey of the animals- their response "Well how the **** am i supposed to drink it?"

-*Walking out of show* "Aw those seals were so cute"

But i think the one that takes the cake is a few weeks ago i got "Is this kingda ka??"

#186 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 12:28 AM

I'm having fun read some Trip Advisor Reviews

"At first I was having a good time at six flags. everything was going great! Until I got on el toro, and got stuck for 35 minutes. So for that ride i waited for an hour then before even getting up the hill I got stuck. Then i wanted to go on mount kilimanjaro and that was closed. Then we finally got on superman. We ended our ride and were still handing upside down. we got stuck upside down for 20 minutes!!!"

Mount Kilimanjaro? Handing upside down on Superman?

"Very bad experience too old rides give you pain in head & neck seriously a pathetic experience, no rides for teenagers & adult . Other countries have better parks than this old park."

Aren't most of the rides geared towards teenagers and adults? Other countries have better parks? Maybe Europa Park and some of the international Disney Parks.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#187 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

I always have to explain to people that these rides are safe otherwise they wouldn't be operating. For some reason, people feel much safer driving at high speeds on a road where other drivers can change lanes at will and cause a bad accident than they do on a ride that's on a track and therefore has a set route. It makes no sense to me. And then when they do go on the rides, they take their phone out to film it. Now people are starting to bring selfie sticks on the rides which is mind-numbingly stupid and dangerous. Last time I went, I saw some kid climb over the fence blocking off where Rolling Thunder used to be. What would have happened if he climbed the remaining section of track and fallen? These morons think they're invincible and that rules don't apply to them. It makes for a very dangerous combination. When I hear stupid things like people not knowing that they have to stand up on Green Lantern, it's somewhat annoying but also funny. But when people do dangerous things at parks it genuinely makes me furious. These are the people that make others think that amusement parks are dangerous even though about 90% of park incidents are due to a guest's own stupidity.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#188 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:40 AM

From my trips to the park this year, the cell phones on rides have been worse this year compared to the past. At least 4 or 5 times I am on a coaster per trip I see someone with a phone out. Even after they are told multiple times like at Skull Mountain when the ride is stopped at the beginning of the lift, the person is told to put the phone away and then 5 seconds later the phone is out again.

If that person who climbed the fence got hurt, they would probably try to sue the park even if it wasn't the park's fault. It was in the news a few weeks ago some teenager in Canada lost their hat on a wild mouse at a fair, and was told the ride ops would get the hat after the ride closed for the day. The guy pushed past the ride ops to get the hat not wanting to wait until the ride closed and got hit with a car, is now confined to a wheelchair and is suing the fair owners.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users