Photo

What is the dumbest thing you have ever seen a park guest say or do?

187 replies to this topic

#16 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 06:16 AM

4) (After getting off of Medusa) "That ride sucked. I didn't see one person turn to stone."

HHAHAHAHA i would have laughed if i heard him, thats not stupid that called being funny..loll

I assure you he was being serious.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#17 Paulie

Paulie

Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 19 February 2009 - 03:54 PM

Here are a bunch of things I heard at GAdv:

#1. "Kingda Ka was at Cedar Point and move here. They repainted it and added that little hill that's all."

#2. "The used the tracks from Lightning Loops and bent them to fit when the made Great American Scream Machine."

#3. "This spot was where Evolution was. It was removed because it hit a car on the sky ride and killed a family that was riding it."

#4. "The cannons up there in the stockade by Runaway Train used to fire a shot every hour to let guests know the time."

#5. "They only run the one side of the sky ride because the cable snapped on the one side last year and the cars fell off. One of the cars is still in the water near the stockade."

Some people are just plain stupid.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

#18 Guest_Beethoven_*

Guest_Beethoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:39 PM

I always knew about Lightning Loops being used for GASM, but I never heard about the rest.

#19 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 02:30 PM

Here's some stupid quotes I've heard:

1.) "They took down that Indian hut store because it got stuck by lightning."
2.) "The park took down Chiller & replaced with Superman."
3.) "I think the park opened in th 1960's or something."

#20 SouthCentralLosEric

SouthCentralLosEric

Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 03:28 PM

You should be able to match the park associated with the comment, so I won't list the park names unless the statement warrants me to do so.

"Where did they put X1?"
"Wow. They made Windjammer like twice as fast as I remember"
"Didn't this ride use to be indoors" (A Space Mtn reference directed at Cal. Screamin')
"Superman [The Escape] was fun!"

From a fellow employee during my days working at Knott's Berry Farm:
"Batman has the same layout as Silver Bullet"

"Where's Goliath?" (guest pronounced it GO-LEE-ATHE, and spoke fluent english)
"Ceadar Point wins it's 11th Golden Ticket Award for best theme park inthe world"
"Now ask yourself this question, um...would you be with Jay-Z if he wasn't CEO, would you be with F-A-B-O if he drove a Geo, would you ride with me if we was in a neo"...

-The illustrious Kanye West

#21 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:18 PM

You should be able to match the park associated with the comment, so I won't list the park names unless the statement warrants me to do so.

"Where did they put X1?"
"Wow. They made Windjammer like twice as fast as I remember"
"Didn't this ride use to be indoors" (A Space Mtn reference directed at Cal. Screamin')
"Superman [The Escape] was fun!"

From a fellow employee during my days working at Knott's Berry Farm:
"Batman has the same layout as Silver Bullet"

"Where's Goliath?" (guest pronounced it GO-LEE-ATHE, and spoke fluent english)
"Ceadar Point wins it's 11th Golden Ticket Award for best theme park inthe world"

I don't get the Superman one.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#22 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

2. On Nitro at the top of the lift hill, a women sitting next to us says" Is this a big drop"

Did you reply by saying "not really, only about 5 feet."

I laughed hysterically and almost choked going down the drop, but I ignored it.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#23 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 04:34 PM

"We'll have lots of fun today! We'll start on The Batman, then go to The Nitro, then over to The Medusa, and finish up on The Kingda Ka"

Looking at MTWE "Will I get wet on this ride?"

"Isn't Bugs Bunny a Disney character?"

"That tunnel on Nitro was awesome"

"They say keep your arms down because it will rip your arms off if you don't"

"Scream Machine once lost power and got stuck in a loop for 10 hours"

#24 nitrofan

nitrofan

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:26 PM

I was stuck on the lift to a coaster once and I was riding by myself. I was 11 at the time, and I start bragging about the time a few seasons ago when they had to evacuate us off a floorless coasster (that was interesting). An op starts walking up the lift and this girl who is probably in her early 20s who is sitting in front of me starts freaking out! Appearently she was really scared that the ride would break, and her boyfriend made her go on it. She asks the op if he is sure that the evacuation stairs aren't going to fall off! They ended up fixing the ride, but did she really think they would have us walk down stairs that would fall off? And she asked him while he was standing on the stairs.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#25 rebels13

rebels13

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 05:19 PM

http://www.yourghost....php?story=1429.Not something I heard at the park but I thought it was funny cause no one has died on Kingda Ka..And also my friend tried to tell me today that there taking down Rolling Thunder because it chopped someones finger off because he had his hands up and hit a piece of wood.

#26 SFGAnerd

SFGAnerd

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 10:52 PM

^LOL! Best article EVER. Some people are so incredibly stupid. They'll say anything for attention, and that article is the epitome of such! Good find, haha
Just another average Joe
2010 Ride Count: KK-1 ET-1 N-3 SUF-2 GASM-1 B-2 RMT-0 BLTT-1 SM-1 BTR-2 TDKC-2 RRR-0 RTL-1 RTR-0

#27 nitrofan

nitrofan

• Members
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 11:06 PM

^You can tell they are dumb in 2 ways:
1) It is pretty obvious that they are making it up if their stats are off by that much, here we go back to the fake enthusiast thing.
2) There has to be an explination for that, or he just made the story up

I bet he felt pretty stupid after reading the comments.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#28 Paulie

Paulie

Me

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 12:56 AM

^^^That was the dumbest story I ever heard.

It is almost as dumb as this one guy who was standing by Kingda Ka one afternoon this past summer. (summer of 08)
He was telling some kids that the top of Kingda Ka was originally built with an inversion like the top hat on Batman's side of Chiller.
He then told these kids, who were now mystified by this guys "wisdom" that they took the top hat out because a train full of riders snapped their necks from the G-forces and it killed 45 out of the 50 people on the train.

The kids gasped in horror so I stepped in and said, "First, there was no inversion on Kingda Ka. I don't think it was even an option in the plans.
Second, there are not 50 seats on the trains. The trains have 20 riders per train so 45 out of fifty people couldn't have died.
Third, no one died on this coaster..... EVER!
This guy is an idiot and is just telling you this stuff to make himself look cool."

A few hours later the same guy was trying to tell a bunch of people that El Toro was supposed to be built in 2004 but the designs had to be changed. He said that they couldn't get a wooden coaster with three loops to work properly so they made it the way it is now in 2005.

This guy is a tool.

If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say that the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little.

#29 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 08:23 AM

^LOL. My cousin thinks there are Great Adventures everywhere instead of Six Flags lol.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#30 darkridedan

darkridedan

Weather forecaster

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000 posts

Posted 26 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

I was at IOA yesterday and I heard these folks naming roller coasters at a Six Flags park and I don't know if they were talking about SFNE or SFA, but one of them said, " Mind Eraser was the best coaster in the park before Superman." I don't know about you folks, but if a kiddie coaster is the only other coaster in a park, Mind Eraser can never be the best coaster in a park! (especially SFA)

A group was talking about the Harry Potter ride that was under construction and one guy said to his girlfriend, "What if it was four coasters dueling one another" and went and used a dueling hand signal. Then his girlfriend pointed out that the ride takes place in "that building." So he said, "Well, then I guess it will be like Spiderman."

A group of teens were running to find the new entrance to Dueling Dragons. One said, "When they moved the entrance, they must have made the ride bigger, because it wasn't that big the last time I was here."
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users