82 replies to this topic

#1 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:14 PM

The queue is cool and awesome enough but I think the actual ride needs some improvement. I could see them add audio effects, maybe some cool visual/scary stuff in the dark box. And if possible, an animatronic or two depending on the profit Six Flags makes this year.

Skull Mountain can really be cool with a little improvement.
Posted Image
When a good looking girl asks you to come back to her house or your friend says, "HEY, you want some weed man?!", you say, "Nah man, that's not what I'm about." -Coach Manos

#2 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:16 PM

Skull Mountain would be awesome if they turned the strobes back on! Add some fog in there too!
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#3 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 08:28 PM

Skull Mountain would be awesome if they turned the strobes back on! Add some fog in there too!

Definitely fog or mist that would make the atmosphere sick.
Posted Image
When a good looking girl asks you to come back to her house or your friend says, "HEY, you want some weed man?!", you say, "Nah man, that's not what I'm about." -Coach Manos

#4 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:32 PM

They need to add more of a storyline to it.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#5 ccrocker58

ccrocker58

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 19 March 2009 - 10:55 PM

The queue is cool and awesome enough but I think the actual ride needs some improvement. I could see them add audio effects, maybe some cool visual/scary stuff in the dark box. And if possible, an animatronic or two depending on the profit Six Flags makes this year.

Skull Mountain can really be cool with a little improvement.

Doesn't already have an on-ride soundtrack? And I mean, as bad as they might be, there are some figurines in there, and there are really badly timed strobe lights. I never understood why they had them flash at the very end of the ride...

I can definitely see them improving that, perhaps adding a new soundtrack, and turning the waterfalls back on. As for anything else, I don't think they'll put much more money to this ride.

#6 Guest_Beethoven_*

Guest_Beethoven_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

The ride already has audio during the ride... not in the trains but in the ride, and there are sound effects going up the lift and in the queue tunnel. The strobes work but as mentioned they could be timed better, and there are several figures in there. I think if all is working its fine the way it is.

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

They need to make all the figures visible. You can almost always see the Skull Figure and the pumpkin in the final helix but the 2 tiki masks and the other pumpkin are very difficult to see. I never even knew the tiki masks existed before the maintenance door was open on closing day last year letting a lot of light into the building (1 is right near the first drop).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 MrFunky1337

MrFunky1337

Your friendly neighbourhood "That Guy!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 06:30 AM

All the stuff you guys said war REALLY cool, they should give ol' Skully an update in 2010.
(/o<o)/\(o>o\)
HIGH FIVE.

#9 el-toro1

el-toro1

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 12:31 PM

skull mountain could use a huge update... i like the fog idea... i think it be a cool idea the trains can spin around and you have the choice of going face forward or face backwards... that be sick

• Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:02 PM

To be honest I actually completely agree. I believe the first place to start would be the trains though. I am fairly tall and those things ruin my world from time to time. Some new comfortable trains with some audio onboard would be terrific. Also, tunnel out portions of the track and add in lighting a'la Space Mountain, and tunnel out another portion, perhaps right before the end and add a heavy fog or mist.

• Guests

Posted 20 March 2009 - 01:06 PM

skull mountain could use a huge update... i like the fog idea... i think it be a cool idea the trains can spin around and you have the choice of going face forward or face backwards... that be sick

Would never happen. Too many lateral g's on that right, the spinning mechanism would end up getting ripped apart if it had an option to go back and forth.

Double posts are pro. Don't make them. :character0010:

#12 El Nitrusa

El Nitrusa

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 686 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:46 PM

I know how you feel, I am 6 foot 5 and Skull Mountain is utterly painful for me to ride. If they could put some new trains in there, that would be excellent. And if they could do anything I hope they could at least just fi it up enough so that it is completely dark in there: we don't need new effects and everything, I would be happy if they just make it pitch black.
Posted Image

#13 PAPD37

PAPD37

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

I like Candy Moutain, other then the trains as nitrusa said, at my height of 6-4 it can be well painfull.

Love the pumpkin, just wish they would add some fire, fog, new trains, and it would be out of this world.

Candy's back row still gives some nice air.
Posted Image

In memory of the 37 Brave Men and Women of the Port Authority Police Dept of NY and NJ who gave there lives on 9-11. It is cause of you, in the darkest hour of our country, we saw the lightest hour. May god bless you. RIP PAPD37

#14 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 March 2009 - 05:03 PM

And if they could do anything I hope they could at least just fi it up enough so that it is completely dark in there: we don't need new effects and everything, I would be happy if they just make it pitch black.

I completely agree ! It could definitely be a good ride with just a few minor tweaks. Pitch black would be the first move, if they did that alone i wouldn't complain. The just blast some good music, colored strobe lights, a lot of fog, and the waterfall would be nice. They ride would be great at that point.

#15 Tgirl

Tgirl

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 21 March 2009 - 12:27 AM

I wish I could actually change the entire track of Skull Mountain. Make it a bit more exciting. Realistically though, I agree that they should make the entire ride, pitch black. Having the exit right there with the light shining through sort of ruins the effect for me. It's been years though since I rode it so I had no idea that there were figurines on the ride.
I'm not a fan for thrill. Just a fan for theme. :D

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users