133 replies to this topic

#46 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:39 PM

If this was to be a "must see " I think they would have come up with something better than a generic "letter pun" name like Xploratorium...

Anyone heading over to the park take update pics. If i continue my every weekend streak, Ill probably have new pics of it this weekend if anything significant has happened. We all saw how the Bizarro theming shot up, they can probably do the same thing with this.

However, there is talk of this "Xploratorium" just being a cover for our next big ride. Even though it may be early, Mavericks footers were being poured in June.

So we have something small and insignificant to the park, or something really awesome.

Wait a minute, they were pouring footers in our park last year? And are you saying that this new Xploratorium is going to be part of a new ride or just a distraction for something amazing?
Posted Image
When a good looking girl asks you to come back to her house or your friend says, "HEY, you want some weed man?!", you say, "Nah man, that's not what I'm about." -Coach Manos

#47 rebels13

rebels13

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

You guys are looking to far into this,it's just something to add to the area to attract more people over there.It's meant for fun not to cover up for a new ride being added in Old Country.

#48 lilmikemarin

lilmikemarin

Chiller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 07:54 PM

If this was a must-see they might have advertised it.
Posted Image

#49 BobSuruncle

BobSuruncle

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:45 PM

If this was a must-see they might have advertised it.

Well the opening date isn't 'til July 1. I guess they don't want to advertise that which isn't fully planned out yet.

#50 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

Has anyone notice it seems either its entrance or exit will be right next to The Dark Knight?

#51 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 06:53 AM

What does that mean?
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#52 ElDusa

ElDusa

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:25 PM

If im not mistaken, that building is quite small in diameter. How can it be a walk through on the ground? Perhaps it is a spiral staircase upwards that has effects and such. It would be cool if they housed a flat inside except made it a dark ride. But if its like a laboratory, like someone said, it'd be cool to have a space mountain type thing where you can see inside the dark knight if the buildings were joined by a window.

#53 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:27 PM

Well, after Bizarro opens, I can see this topic blowing up in mid or early June. And then we'll talk about this until July. Time ******* flies!
Posted Image
When a good looking girl asks you to come back to her house or your friend says, "HEY, you want some weed man?!", you say, "Nah man, that's not what I'm about." -Coach Manos

#54 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 05:35 PM

I can't wait to see what really is going on. I'm getting different stories from everyone. I just want to see what it is for myself.

What in Gasm's name are they doing with Chiller's Station! It queue is still there and both loading platforms. I hope it is used for another Mr. Freeze themed coaster because that is a very themed station. There is also TONS of land back there. Can we please see a few thrill flats back there. Movietown and FA need flats.
Posted Image

#55 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 07:01 PM

I think that they are going to be joined because the observatory looks way too small to be anything. So I think that the xploratoriums queue will be chillers old queue and go into the station and then into the observatory and exit where they made that new path.

#56 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 08:57 PM

Is it going to need that much space though. Chiller's queue was huge. Robin and Batman. the station was also huge.
Posted Image

#57 Guest_southview2_*

Guest_southview2_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:01 PM

From what I have been told its just the observatory. If you havnt noticed the added on to it in the back side, Im tired and dont feel like finding a picture, lol, if you go to GAHistory or even the galleries here you will find one.

#58 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:22 PM

^Yea they've been expanding the Observatory if you haven't seen pictures. They've added surrounding areas about a story or more tall.

It's opening in July so I don't expect anything crazy until June.
Posted Image

#59 Guest_southview2_*

Guest_southview2_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

I thought it had a memorial day weekend opening day? Cause I remember reading that Bizarro, GITPP and the exploratorium are all opening that weekend.

#60 johnnymaffs

johnnymaffs

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 11 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

If it's opening Memorial Day...hows construction over there? Does it look anywhere near completion? If not then no way it's opening next week.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users