206 replies to this topic

#1 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:42 PM

Yes children, for those of you who remember the topic that long ago was closed on these very forums, my re-creation of GADV in RCT2 form has been raised from the dead (and it's all thanks to The Ghoulmaster...haha), with serious progress taking place thanks to GAH's amazing spotlights and FlyinPhil's excellent aerial photo's on his site. However before I begin posting updated screens I have a few rules that I would like to be followed so that this topic doesn't end up like the last one:

1. Please for the love of anything that's sane, do not ask when it will be done. I do not know, it may never get done. This was originally started 5 years ago in April 2004, so while I could guess I honestly would be wrong just like I was all those time before when I thought I could have it finished by a certain date.

2. I do not know how frequently I'll be able to update, so please do not ask if it's dead or beg for updates. I will come in and tell you guys if I have officially dropped the project, until then please just accept that I have other things to do other than play RCT2 and be patient. This was the main reason that the other topic was closed, and if it starts up again I will ask a mod to lock it and I will go back to working on it in silence.

With that out of the way, I'd like to present you with some new and some older screenshots of my recent and not so recent progress. Keep in mind that this is a 2006 "45th Anniversary" re-creation so certain things that are in the park today may not be there purposefully and that all of these images are "Works-In-Progress".

El Toro Entrance
Posted Image
Fun Fact: Toro is currently the most intense ride in the park with a rating of 9.78 - how's *that* for accuracy?

Scream Machine Station
Posted Image

Superman: Ultimate Flight & Outer Mall (FYI: the flowers on the cake were removed because they kept dying, they will be added back later)
Posted Image

NITRO Station and Transfer (workbench screen, not placed in park yet)
Posted Image

And last but not least, a Kingda Ka teaser (this will most likely be the only look you guys get of Ka and GK, so savor it!)
Posted Image

That's all for now, still working as I post this on Great American Road Race and the Hanger, will try to post an update once I semi-finalize their placement and positioning.
-KC

ChillerBrokenWingsKCRIPSig.png
"I remember the chill that came over, as everything I loved went falling...
Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

Six Flags Great Adventure 2006 RCT2 Re-Creation: 76%
--Dead Man's Party '06 will never be topped...but '09 came damn close!--

#2 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

That looks Great!
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#3 Paul Zarate

Paul Zarate

Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 10:19 PM

looks great, glad you're bringing this back!
2009 Parks: Six Flags Great Adventure, Disney World, Disneyland, Dorney Park, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Knoebels, Hershey Park, Morey's Pier, Busch Gardens Africa, Busch Gardens Europe, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World Orlando, Universal Orlando, Boomers Amusement Park Fort Lauderdale, Kings Dominion, Holiday World, Six Flags Magic Mountain.

#4 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 10:01 AM

:drool:

#5 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

AHEM...

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#6 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 12:40 PM

Looks awesome.

It sort of makes me want to dust off RCT2.

Posted Image

#7 Stew

Stew

Disco Stu Doesn't Advertise

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,799 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 02:40 PM

Wow! Great Work!
Bull Rides: (35) -- KKount: (65.5)
View My Pictures! http://stew560.smugmug.com/ThemeParks

Posted Image
"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" - Adam Savage

#8 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:23 PM

AHEM...

IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Haha, yes Dainan it does! Anyway it's seems I've hit a very minor snag guys. I am not happy at ALL with the area around Road Race and don't know what it is. Maybe because I had to squeeze things together in order for me to have enough room on the east, I don't know but it just doesn't feel right like the other areas of the rec. I'll keep messing with it and if I still can't get it to my liking I'll post a screen for you guys' to chime in on it.

In the mean time, I've started the very annoying task of moving Medusa, Mine Train, NSA and Saw Mill down because the spacing from El Toro was too far away which made the little river / lake bigger than it should be and threw GK Papa Johns positioning and such all out of whack.

Bah, enough of my blather, I present more random screens!

Medusa Cobra Roll (older screen, different angle...haha)
Posted Image

Northern Star Arena (will be edited after move to reflect the real thing more accurately with that lighting room or whatever in the middle of the stands and the other entrance)
Posted Image

Best of The West (incomplete state)
Posted Image

The Fort
Posted Image

Superman: Ultimate Flight Station
Posted Image

Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

#9 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:50 PM

You gotta post more dude. This is incredible...

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#10 Paul Zarate

Paul Zarate

Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 05:10 PM

Those Medusa screens still make me insane. Great job! Can't wait to see more.
2009 Parks: Six Flags Great Adventure, Disney World, Disneyland, Dorney Park, Six Flags New England, Lake Compounce, Kennywood, Knoebels, Hershey Park, Morey's Pier, Busch Gardens Africa, Busch Gardens Europe, Knott's Berry Farm, Sea World Orlando, Universal Orlando, Boomers Amusement Park Fort Lauderdale, Kings Dominion, Holiday World, Six Flags Magic Mountain.

#11 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:44 PM

This is probably the best RCT2 recreation i've ever seen. Great Work! :jumping0046:
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#12 rebels13

rebels13

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 07:48 PM

WOW,that is the best park recreation I have ever seen.I hope you post more cause that is incredible dude!Keep up the amazing work!

#13 Dave.

Dave.

Shred.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 10:11 PM

Awesome work dude...looks great!
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Rutgers University
Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences | Coastal Ocean Observation Laboratory | AUV Glider Lab

My NLDC

#14 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:48 PM

Finally got the Hanger and Road Race area to where I find it accurate enough. It's weird, because what tied everything together and made me believe it was fine was adding erUPtion...

erUPtion and The Hanger, home of Spongebob 3-D (ugh)
Posted Image

So in my never ending obsession to get this rec as accurate as RCT2 will allow, I attempted to add that ugly blue paving to the Boardwalk. Needless to say, while it may be more accurate in the cosmetic stance, I feel like its so ugly that it detracts from the the area and makes it feel inaccurate (which is my whole goal, for this rec to feel like the real park). In essence, it draws too much attention to itself, unlike the real thing which, when the dirt finally set in, was barely noticeable. I'll let you guys chime in on it, because to me its fairly obvious which one to go with, inaccurate or not:

Boardwalk WIP - without blue path
Posted Image

Boardwalk WIP - with blue path
Posted Image

Let the tribe speak!

-KC

#15 Paul Zarate

Paul Zarate

Kingda Ka Ryder 4 Life

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:52 PM

I think it should stay as gray. Everything looks great but the Superman logo on the floor is bothering me, but I guess it'll have to do. Great job.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users