206 replies to this topic

#166 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

I want to hug you. The Golden Kingdom looks sweet!

Posted Image

#167 seneca58

seneca58

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

This is incredible. This is by far the best Great adventure recreation I've ever seen on rct2. I can't wait until this is complete. Great job. By the way that is the best superman ultimate flight recreation that I've seen.

#168 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

Posted Image

Awww, and of course I'm Chiller: Blue, my favorite :party0031: . Seriously, this recreation never stops amazing me. Excellent job Derrick!
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#169 rctbignate

rctbignate

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

This just made my f-ing day!!!!!!! I love looking at screens from this park, they're always jaw-dropping! Great to hear from KC! Keep up the good work now that it's roller coaster season again :jumping0001:

#170 SupermanXD

SupermanXD

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 320 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:27 PM

Best recreation on rct2 ever! Good job!

#171 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 05:42 PM

Just a little something to let you all know I am indeed still working on this. I can feel that I'm on the back nine, so recently I've been trying to power through as much as possible.

Fort Independence
Posted Image

KC

ChillerBrokenWingsKCRIPSig.png
"I remember the chill that came over, as everything I loved went falling...
Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

Six Flags Great Adventure 2006 RCT2 Re-Creation: 76%
--Dead Man's Party '06 will never be topped...but '09 came damn close!--

#172 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:32 AM

Great to see progress being made! Looks good! Is the 61% completed in your sig accurate?

Posted Image

#173 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 07:48 PM

Is the 61% completed in your sig accurate?

I honestly don't know what I would consider the "percent done" anymore. I want to say it's closer to 75%, but that's because that's how it looks from the overall, when I zoom in and see what exactly needs to be complteted still, it feels like more work than 25%. The only thing that hasn't had ANYTHING placed at all is the upper right portion of the park (or Lakefront/Seaport, if one were viewing it from the park map's perspective), everything else has some semblance of a presence on the map now. So the percentage is more of an educated estimate than anything.

KC

Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

#174 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

I see it's been quite awhile, but is there any chance this is still going strong? This recreation is absolutely incredible, and I'd love to download it.

#175 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:38 PM

This recreation looks awesome! It's also interesting seeing all those rides represented in this recreation that aren't in the park anymore.

If there's any progress whatsoever on this I'd love to see it!
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

#176 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 24 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Considering its been over a year since his last contact I will take a second to personally email killerchiller.  Hope its still an active project

Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#177 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 12:17 PM

Considering its been over a year since his last contact I will take a second to personally email killerchiller.  Hope its still an active project

Did you get any reply from KillerChiller? I'd love to see this project continued.

#178 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 03:25 PM

Wow! I thought interest in this died off a while ago. That's actually why I stopped posting updates here (well, that and the warning blocks that this site was hacked for a while). I didn't think anyone still had an interest, so I found myself focusing on other things that took precedence. A feeling of disconnect from the actual park didn't really help. The more the years go by, and the more things are taken out, the less I feel like it was the park I once so adored. I feel connected to the 2006 rendition of the park, that's why I chose to re-create it. To immortalize it. There's so little that remains of it now though... I think I took the removal of Rolling Thunder harder than I thought.  The two times I managed to drag myself to the park last year, so few things remained that made me feel like it was still that park. The Carousel of Progress at GADV seems to be on hyper-drive, or maybe it's just me not realizing that it's been 8 years since the year I so fondly remember. "Oh the times, they are a changing..."

My rambling aside, the good news is that the reason I logged back on here is that I booted RCT2 up recently and saw just how far I had come with this, and it reminded me that I really would like to see this completed. Once I've finished with some other things I have to get done, I intend to pick this back up.  There's not much to update on since the Fort image, but I hope to change that over the next two months.

KC

#179 Password121

Password121

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:26 PM

Oh, THANK YOU so much for checking back here. I would really appreciate if you would continue this project, and more people thatn you may think also would. It is by far the best RCT2 recreation I have ever seen, and approaches perfection in terms of the RCT2 limits.

I completely agree with what you said about the character of the park. Unfortunately I was too young/not yet born to experience Great Adventrure in its true glory days, but I still appreciate the park for what it is today. I feel that in recent years, the park has been moving away from the "Great Adventure" aspect that makes it unique, and inching closer to the corporate "Six Flags" feel. I can only hope they realize what keeping on eye on what brought them here can do for them in the future, and keep any character that is left in the park. I think the day Mine Train goes is the day it's too late for that.

Again, thank you for checking back after so many years, and I truly hope you continue this incredible project.

#180 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:54 PM

Hey guys, just stopping by for an update!

Went to the park for the first time this year on Saturday. Eerie to see Rolling Thunder's former spot blocked off with the entrance arch still standing... even more weird to ride Toro without that epic crossover into the infield. :(

On a positive note, been working on this for the past two weeks or so. Been all over the place to be honest. Added Musik Express (fully functional!) and half of it's ride building is done now as well. Working on getting Congo Rapids mapped out so I can finish up that little corner between Nitro and the map edge. Eager to put Blackbeard in since one of the first things I did when I got back into this project was work out a nice little hack that allows me to have a ridiculously long Mine Ride train on the Junior RC coaster track (though not as ridiculous as the real life Blackbeard train, it's long enough to warrant questionable looks from park-goers all the same, haha)

Main Street and Fantasy Forest

GADV-MainStreetFantasyForest.png

KC

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users