Photo

KillerChiller's 2006 Six Flags Great Adventure RCT2 Re-Creation

206 replies to this topic

#196 rctbignate0913

rctbignate0913

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:16 PM

That BIG WHEEL is amazing! I dream of the day that this is finished and I can open and explore

#197 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 05:45 PM

That description just took me back in time, damn.

Posted Image

#198 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 26 April 2015 - 05:18 PM

Haha, that was the idea sf. :) Think I'll try writing one of those for the rest of the screens (besides the overall shots).

I'm plugging away guys. Another two buildings were finished yesterday. Biggest addition that does not have it's area mapped out at the moment is Skull Mountain. The last major placement hurdle. Think I will try to work on that after I wrap up what I'm currently trying to get done (Water Effect's detailing, figuring out placement for Dream Street Station for Skyway, and roughly laying out the pre-bridge area of Looney Tunes Seaport).

Essentially...

:D

KC

ChillerBrokenWingsKCRIPSig.png
"I remember the chill that came over, as everything I loved went falling...
Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

Six Flags Great Adventure 2006 RCT2 Re-Creation: 76%
--Dead Man's Party '06 will never be topped...but '09 came damn close!--

#199 rctbignate0913

rctbignate0913

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 10:22 PM

KC, was just wondering if you have ever thought about posting this project and screens and everything over at http://www.nedesigns.com/.

I think you would get a lot of great feedback and people would love to see your recreation! I know I do! Hope all is well.

#200 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

KC, was just wondering if you have ever thought about posting this project and screens and everything over at http://www.nedesigns.com/.

I think you would get a lot of great feedback and people would love to see your recreation! I know I do! Hope all is well.

Actually Nate, yes long ago and far away I did consider posting it there. That is where I will be uploading it actually (and then after it's posted there, the GADV Source Special Edition will be posted here -- originally Josh Davidson and I had talked about hosting that copy on the site, but that was years and years ago, haha). The culture has certainly changed for the better than the days when I first started work on this over at NE, but I think a part of me wants to just knock a lot of people over by surprise when it gets submitted. I continue to frequent the site and see what new stuff is going on, and they have had a HUGE hand in my development as an RCT2 player and re-creationist (many if not all of the ride hacks featured in GADV 2006 I first saw in NE parks, and I found out how to do them on my own by both examining the original ride that I saw, and by piecing together information from various discussions and topics throughout their forums).

Wish I had an update on the park for you guys. Life really clocked me over the summer, to the point where I was struggling to find the motivation to do anything. I didn't want to do anything or go anywhere, despite being the first year I had season passes to both Hersheypark and Six Flags. I only just got out to Great Adventure in early September to get my Pass processed. Not to worry though, I have come out of the other side of that hell for the better, and Fright Fest is here, so I'm sure you'll see me around both this thread and the park more often. (If you see or hear a guest who looks 20-something in a baseball cap and is comparing how things are now to how they used to be 10 years ago, that's probably me, haha)

I will be looking to boot this back up and get it going again. I hope that I can finish around the time RollerCoaster Tycoon World comes out, just to show that while the new game might look much better in comparison, RCT2 still has some life left in her!

KC

Time shows us that all that ever mattered, all that ever matters, leaves us in the cold..."

#201 VaCoasterfan

VaCoasterfan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 08:31 PM

I just wanted to say thank you KillerChiller for sticking with this project for all these years, and keeping us updated all this time. It has been great watching this park grow from the beginning.

#202 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

Surely no one checks this anymore, but none the less...

Finally bit the bullet and swallowed my fears due to my XP comp finally being unable to run RCT2 for 5 min without an overheating problem or crash popping up. Moved all my RCT2 files to my upgraded Win 7 comp. I only have this to say:

OpenRCT2 is a hell of a drug.

GADV-DreamStreet-Night.gif

Skull Mountain WIP (not in park yet; workbench)

GADV-SkullMtnWIP.gif

Seriously, if anyone still reading this wants to play RCT2 on a newer operating system, install your original game and then download and give OpenRCT2 a whirl. While yes, I will be going back into base so I can test the park in both versions and to do various odds and ends, OpenRCT2 is literally the evolution of the game I have been dreaming of for the past 15 years. It makes building and hacking much easier, and running a park extremely fun with the day/night cycle and atmospheric lighting on (a few anomalies and glitches are still prevalent with the lighting, but still). You can also play OpenRCT2 on Mac or Linux! (allegedly, haven't done so myself)

https://openrct2.org/

Unsolicited ad complete. Back to working on the rec with a completely renewed drive!

KC

#203 rctbignate0913

rctbignate0913

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

IT F'ING LIVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#204 VaCoasterfan

VaCoasterfan

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 12:45 PM

Wow! So cool to see an update KillerChiller. Can't wait to see how the park turns out after all these years

#205 KillerChiller

KillerChiller

Freeze Well...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

Thanks guys! It's awesome to see people actually still keeping up with the topic! I was certain I was talking to no one, hahaha!

Gonna start laying out the Lakefront area now that I have a footprint of Skull Mountain locked down... here goes nothin'!

KC

#206 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:47 PM

This project being alive and well is incredible news. The amount of detail you put into this is amazing and I can't wait to see the finished product.

Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#207 RC98

RC98

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:44 PM

Wow it's awesome that you're continuing this, I'm looking forward to seeing the finished park!
My YouTube Account: http://www.youtube.c...rCoasterRider98
Total Coasters Ridden: 100

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users