617 replies to this topic

#16 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

I'm sure if they made it backwards and gave it an overhaul, they'd have to refurb the trains as well. So if they wanted to do it, I think they could pull it off quite well.

Seriously?!?

Look at what happened last time Six Flags ran a looper backwards:

the ride is a little boring, and going backwards is not much fun, although the ride is relatively smooth.

http://www.coastergr...ew.jsp?argId=18

With the way everyone is talking about a backwards coaster, you might as well be begging for a Boomerang!
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#17 CycloneMan

CycloneMan

D to the G to the Raff-er-ty

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,388 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:12 AM

I can garuntee you, Joker's Revenge was boring fowards too ;)
If you see a well thought out and written well post, give it a Posted Image

Posted Image
Roller Coasters ridden: 305

Click here for my theme park / roller coaster videos!

#18 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:51 AM

I said in another thread I thought GASM would have been a better choice to refurbish than Medusa. Get the new Vekoma trains that Carolina Cobra has and then someone else said that since it is next to Superman it could have been rethemed to Bizarro.

I don't think the ride is that painful now if you ride in the front few cars. The back row is another story, horribly rough.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#19 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 05:13 PM

It's tough to say really.It is one of the most reliable in the park since it rarely has downtime,but as it get's older and older parts start to break parts begin harder and harder to find since Arrow is no longer a company.When that becomes the case Mr.Shapiro might find it better to just remove Scream Machine all together since it has low ridership,so down the line it might happen but for now I think it's safe since it's a classic and the park would look weird without it in the sky line.

That is true about the six flags sky line not looking the same if it wasn't there. But I heard that in 2010 six flags might get a dive coaster so if they ever do demolish the gasm, then I think the dive machine will replace it. Thats just a possibility.

An idea just rung in my head. You said they "might" get a dive coaster. They "might" have to get rid of GASM. I say get rid of it, but name the dive coaster the great american scream machine and paint it red with white and blue and red cars. But thats just an idea.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#20 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 06:22 PM

^ I hope you're joking.

Posted Image

#21 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

I said in another thread I thought GASM would have been a better choice to refurbish than Medusa. Get the new Vekoma trains that Carolina Cobra has and then someone else said that since it is next to Superman it could have been rethemed to Bizarro.

I don't think the ride is that painful now if you ride in the front few cars. The back row is another story, horribly rough.

I seriously think that Vekoma trains would make a world of difference on Scream Machine. They helped Sea Serpent in Wildwood; that ride was rough as heck when it used the old Arrow trains.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#22 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

It's tough to say really.It is one of the most reliable in the park since it rarely has downtime,but as it get's older and older parts start to break parts begin harder and harder to find since Arrow is no longer a company.When that becomes the case Mr.Shapiro might find it better to just remove Scream Machine all together since it has low ridership,so down the line it might happen but for now I think it's safe since it's a classic and the park would look weird without it in the sky line.

That is true about the six flags sky line not looking the same if it wasn't there. But I heard that in 2010 six flags might get a dive coaster so if they ever do demolish the gasm, then I think the dive machine will replace it. Thats just a possibility.

An idea just rung in my head. You said they "might" get a dive coaster. They "might" have to get rid of GASM. I say get rid of it, but name the dive coaster the great american scream machine and paint it red with white and blue and red cars. But thats just an idea.

If we get a Dive Machine, I want it to look like a new ride, and have amazing theming like what we have seen on Terminator. Arrows are too crappy to have a new coaster themed after it.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#23 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

you guys clearly havent been to Busch Gardens Williamsburg. For those of you that have, granted the GASM doesnt have a tunnel in it. But arrow made Lochness and its just fine and dandy with me and my neck. Arrow's are rough, depending on where your sitting. Ive been on Vortex, Corkscrew, Lochness, Anaconda and there all just as equally rough. Anaconda and Vortex are rougher then GASM IMO. The only exception besides theming with Lochness is that the trains and restraints look in good condition. GASM sad to say, the trains are old. Lochness is older then scream machine buy many years (1978 compared to 1989) You wanna complain about the ride?? Complain to park management. GADV is my favorite park period and it sadness me to say this, but its the gospel truth.

~hands down, head back, and get ready to get linked ~ :jumping0046:

#24 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 06:51 AM

Were spoiled with smoothness here considering the fact we have 4 B&M's. I personally don't complain about Gasm. I love that ride. People aren't going to respect it until its gone.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#25 Jcoaster

Jcoaster

"I didn't lose my mind. I sold it on Ebay."

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:49 PM

I really think that people tend to over-exaggerate when they talk about the roughness on GASM. It really is not that bad an it is still fun. An for all those Arrow haters out there, show some respect these ride brought us into the modern age of steel rollercoasters an are still great rides.
Posted Image
This sites # 1 BGE fan. Save BBW!

Posted Image

#26 Devins3

Devins3

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 01:55 PM

I love GASM and hope it never gets taken down, I still think its the most disorienting coaster at the park. Also the first drop in the back is awesome, getting whipped down and around the curve.
Posted Image
Nitro is the greatest ride ever.

#27 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 06 June 2009 - 02:07 PM

I love GASM and hope it never gets taken down, I still think its the most disorienting coaster at the park. Also the first drop in the back is awesome, getting whipped down and around the curve.

Can't forget the bonsai turn into the mid course brakes; that one is for all the front seat riders! :D

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#28 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 07:44 AM

I got x3 rides on Gasm yesterday and remembered why I loved it. I greyed-out on the turn into the MCBR. It was magical lol. It was smoother than normal yesterday but I can handle it if it wasn't. Why would anyone skip this ride. It's amazing.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#29 ElDusa

ElDusa

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 11:35 AM

I got x3 rides on Gasm yesterday and remembered why I loved it. I greyed-out on the turn into the MCBR. It was magical lol. It was smoother than normal yesterday but I can handle it if it wasn't. Why would anyone skip this ride. It's amazing.

Hence, why they should take out this ride.

#30 Devins3

Devins3

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 07 June 2009 - 05:05 PM

^ The should take out the ride because someone had great rides on it??? :huh:
Posted Image
Nitro is the greatest ride ever.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic