84 replies to this topic

#31 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:02 AM

I don't know if the Flying over NJ thing would work out that well... We really need something thrilling and worth the wait. Even when getting off of Elvira (Pretty dam thrilling IMO) I hear people saying that the ride sucked and wasn't worth the wait. Flying over NJ sounds kind of boring to me, and I can't see it being very popular with the GP.

And, there might be some sort of trademark with Flyin' in Disney, so that's another reason why that couldn't work.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#32 ck495

ck495

didn't your dad ever teach you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:04 AM

I don't know if the Flying over NJ thing would work out that well... We really need something thrilling and worth the wait. Even when getting off of Elvira (Pretty dam thrilling IMO) I hear people saying that the ride sucked and wasn't worth the wait. Flying over NJ sounds kind of boring to me, and I can't see it being very popular with the GP.

i see where you are coming from, NJ dose not have to many great views the only thing we have is beaches and six flags, lol. I think any movie would be good then FMTTM.
Arms down head back hold on

#33 WanderingCoasterKid

WanderingCoasterKid

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:32 PM

Personally I don't think this ride is going to be open next season. I just have a feeling that it will SBNO.
The only things that can't be done are the things you choose not to do
CHECK OUT THE ONLY HYDRAULIC DRILL LAUNCH KNEX COASTER EVER MADE HERE
Be a part of new experiment

#34 rsf8405

rsf8405

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 03:43 PM

They should have something based on Journey to the center of the earth.I saw that movie at the theater in 3d and it seems like it was made for a sim theater.Its a WB movie so they shouldn't have trouble getting permission.

#35 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:59 PM

Maybe they could do some war-like ride. Like your on a helicopter and you flying past enemies, bullets flying every where (i know, that doesn't help the whole "Family -Friendly" thing, but i can argue that), a missile should fly in your face (and actually have somewhat of a 3D effect), and maybe some special effects, like smoke and strobes.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#36 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:40 PM

^Exactly. Why would the general public want to fly over New Jersey if it's the apparent humiliation of the country? :P

#37 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:21 PM

I came up with a great idea for a ride film, based on the 1969 classic, Bullitt

Bullitt: the Ride

Exterior Change: Repaint the outside of the theater to look like a soundstage and paint "Soundstage No. 7" in the front (sound familiar). Remove the remaining Edwards Air Force Base theming and place some movie studio theming.

Queue: Place some TVs in the queue and have them play clips from certain Steve McQueen movies (i.e. Papillon, Towering Inferno). Install fake movie posters near the preshow entry doors.

Preshow: Riders play the role of tourists who take part in the studio tour. In the preshow, we see that a remake of Bullitt is shooting at the moment. We also see that the main star is being a wuss about recreating the famous car chase. He tells the director that stunts like that aren't suitable for "a star as macho as him" and demands that a stunt driver be used. The director becomes desperate since he can't hire a stunt driver at the moment. He approches us and offers us the job as stunt drivers. Without giving us time to think it over, we are ushered out into the set and we are strapped into our cars.

Ride: Pretty much us recreating the famous chase from the original movie. Speeding through the streets of San Fransisco and the freeway.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#38 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 08:42 PM

I came up with a great idea for a ride film, based on the 1969 classic, Bullitt

Bullitt: the Ride

Exterior Change: Repaint the outside of the theater to look like a soundstage and paint "Soundstage No. 7" in the front (sound familiar). Remove the remaining Edwards Air Force Base theming and place some movie studio theming.

Queue: Place some TVs in the queue and have them play clips from certain Steve McQueen movies (i.e. Papillon, Towering Inferno). Install fake movie posters near the preshow entry doors.

Preshow: Riders play the role of tourists who take part in the studio tour. In the preshow, we see that a remake of Bullitt is shooting at the moment. We also see that the main star is being a wuss about recreating the famous car chase. He tells the director that stunts like that aren't suitable for "a star as macho as him" and demands that a stunt driver be used. The director becomes desperate since he can't hire a stunt driver at the moment. He approches us and offers us the job as stunt drivers. Without giving us time to think it over, we are ushered out into the set and we are strapped into our cars.

Ride: Pretty much us recreating the famous chase from the original movie. Speeding through the streets of San Fransisco and the freeway.

Anything is better then Fly me to the Moon.
Ride Count & Trip Count 2010
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#39 BiZaRpErMan

BiZaRpErMan

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:20 PM

They should bring Spongebob Back!

Posted Image

#40 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:00 AM

I think they should bring back The Right Stuff, along with its themeing and scenery.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#41 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 11:13 AM

I say bring SpongeBob back too. It was a popular show and was a lot of fun to ride. Fly Me to The Moon is so boring and played out.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#42 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, please bring Spongebob back because who doesn't like Spongebob.
Ride Count & Trip Count 2010
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#43 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 03:50 PM

Imagine something themed to Avatar 3D... That'd be amazing...
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#44 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 12 February 2010 - 10:49 PM

^Lol. I live in Camden... :unsure:

I feel sorry for you. LOL

Not to start a whole debate on this, but Camden really isn't that bad - I really get fed up when I read all these people who think its bad, its nice compared to some other American cities.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#45 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 13 February 2010 - 08:08 PM

Fail Me to the Moon isn't listed on the park's ride list. Maybe that means the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera is indeed coming this year.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users