84 replies to this topic

#61 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:22 PM

Thats what I suggested before, no one agreed!

#62 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

5D-International anyone? Think about it...They can easily clean out the existing theater, get rid of the season pass processing and if needed expand the building in either direction.
I think we are that one park who will be getting this...

I know it really is starting to look like that might be what's happening. I REALLY hope it isn't though... I think it would be a bad decision to replace the theater when it really is in fine condition.
Anyways those 5D rides look really crappy.
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#63 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:36 PM

Theater in fine condition? Last time I checked a lot of the seats didn't work/were out of service etc.
I don't care to see the theater go...It always lacked my interest.

With the season pass processing now being moved it really does seem like 5D-International will be showing its face.

#64 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

Wow. All they could have done is put in the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera in the theater and call it a day. Now the sentimental ride of the park is now SBNO.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#65 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:00 AM

Once the Right Stuff left the theater was no longer a big draw. Demolish it for all I care.

Wow. All they could have done is put in the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera in the theater and call it a day.

NO

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#66 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

^Classic Cartoons> Modern Cartoons

#67 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:57 AM

Wow. All they could have done is put in the Funtastic World of Hanna Barbera in the theater and call it a day. Now the sentimental ride of the park is now SBNO.

Most people have seen it already though so its pointless. It isn't SBNO they will probably be working on it anyways throughout 2010 for 2011.

#68 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:15 AM

^I'm agreeing with you. We might see the theater be SBNO until Fright Fest when it becomes Elvira's for the month or so. Maye after that the 5D rumors might spark back up for 2011. And I understand we don't want to see yet another SBNO building/ride, but there is no way possible they can have a new film put in, figure out the right movements of the cars, get a sign, and the restriction thingy with the height limit and limitations of people who injured and what not, within the next 3 weeks for Opening Day. If we are lucky, we may get this new simulator around Memorial Day Weekend (or around then, usually when most new rides open, like when Bizarro, El Toro, and Kingda Ka opened). Otherwise, we would see that building being used as a ride until Fright Fest.

Also, with the removal of the Season Pass Processing, we probably won't see that open or used until Fright Fest when that Zambora , if it does, come back.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#69 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:43 AM

Maybe you all forgot but I asked the park on their Facebook page why wasn't Fly Me on the rides list and they responded..."because it will not operate during the 2010 season" That means the entire 2010 season. Look on the bright side, it's saving money for 2011...which now that this has happen looks like our spot for our big 2011 addition. Hopefully it will be BIG.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#70 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

Hopefully it will be BIG.

Like the rumored "World's biggest smoking area"?

#71 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:12 PM

Maybe you all forgot but I asked the park on their Facebook page why wasn't Fly Me on the rides list and they responded..."because it will not operate during the 2010 season" That means the entire 2010 season. Look on the bright side, it's saving money for 2011...which now that this has happen looks like our spot for our big 2011 addition. Hopefully it will be BIG.

I took that as meaning FMTTM won't operate during the 2010 season, not the whole theater itself.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#72 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 05:19 PM

Would anyone here actually be angry if the park removes the entire Simulator Theater and replaces it with a new, possibly bigger theater for the 5D show? I know I would, at least for a little while.

#73 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 06:04 PM

This looks like a job for the KILLDOZER!!
Posted Image

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#74 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Would anyone here actually be angry if the park removes the entire Simulator Theater and replaces it with a new, possibly bigger theater for the 5D show? I know I would, at least for a little while.

I would be... Seriously the 5D rides look terrible. You are in a standing position with your head in between these weird poles basically, and you just have to hold on for dear life. I can't believe Six would put in something like this, where it seems fairly easy to get hurt on it... I mean that's what we have Rolling Thunder and GASM for.
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#75 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:06 PM

There are many different types of 5-d rides

Da.R.E. 5D (Dark Ride Experience 5D)
Dark Ride technology including themed rotating vehicles, 3D film sequences, on board audio, sudden drops and on board special effects (ticklers, blasts of air). Off-board audio and special effects.
Dream Coaster 5D
Story-driven indoor Roller Coaster combining 3D film sequences with on board audio technology, on board SFX elements (ticklers, sprinkler, blasts of air) and a compelling and involving storyline.
FlyBoard 5D
Motion System-based Close-to-Reality-Experience which creates the unforgettable impression of flying through the air like a bird or swimming through the sea like a dolphin, without being strapped to a seat. Unexpected twists included. Moving Projector Technology (MPT), film production (2D, 3D), surround sound, SFX.
Karaoke Spin 5D
Spinning ride experience combined with live song contest performance including video cameras on ride.
Kids Cube 5D
Exploratorium-like, hands-on-environment consisting of architecturally standardized building blocks, which are adapted according to theming / destination / client. Building blocks include sound and SFX installations such as wind, fog and stroboscopic effects.
MicroZoom 5D
Spinning technology combined with dynamic platform elements, 3D, Projection Audio System, special effects (blasts of air, sprinkler, ticklers) and close to reality animatronic creatures.
Miracle Theatre 5D
Sensory motor cinema with sound matrix system, special effects (wind, scent, water spray, fog, leg ticklers, puffs of air) and dynamic platform (vibrations, vertical drop), involving guests actively in a highly emotional experience. Including enhanced 3D film production.
Time Warp 5D
Spinning Motion System Technology combined with latest 3D technology, sound projection and SFX. Return to the past and back to the future! The Time Warp takes its guests on a haunting and amazing journey back to ancient times.
Vertical Climax 5D
Story driven indoor Free Fall experience including fog-projection, mirror effects, dynamic projection effects, stroboscopic effects, on and off board audio plus special effects and dynamic seating.

DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users