74 replies to this topic

#16 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 11 November 2009 - 10:23 PM

I say fireworks on the helix and hammerhead. LOL THAT would be sick.
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#17 MrFunky1337

MrFunky1337

Your friendly neighbourhood "That Guy!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:46 AM

they should play to that theme though... i mean some fire or pyrotechnichs wouldnt hurt an already great ride...

Agreed, some new theming and effects would attract many guests to the coaster. Bringing more money for anything the park might need such as rides, theming, rehabs, etc.
(/o<o)/\(o>o\)
HIGH FIVE.

#18 MrFunky1337

MrFunky1337

Your friendly neighbourhood "That Guy!"

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:50 AM

they should play to that theme though... i mean some fire or pyrotechnichs wouldnt hurt an already great ride...

Agreed, some new theming and effects would attract many guests to the coaster. Bringing more money for anything the park might need such as rides, theming, rehabs, etc.
(/o<o)/\(o>o\)
HIGH FIVE.

#19 Mangar

Mangar

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 04:06 PM

I disagree with adding any new theming to Nitro. (With the exception of bringing back the signs on the lift hill)

What makes Nitro work, is it's natural theming. Think of it like this: Six Flags Great Adventure as a park, is little more then concrete and steel. You never at any time get lost in the overall atmosphere or theming, and when you go on Nitro, and are essentially out in the wilderness - It's different. You are brought far away from the park, and get a nice view of the miles of forest surrounding, and you feel lots of open air. Which separates it from any other coaster, and adds a lot to the overall enjoyment of the ride. It's placement really negates any need for theming.

There are thousands of ways in which Six Flags can improve their park, why fix the one single solitary thing that isn't broken?
Mangar
Lucid Vision

#20 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 05:18 PM

It would be hard to theme the ride aspect of it. It isn't like Bizarro at SFNE with a low portion close to the ground to add stuff. Even fire wouldn't work on it.

#21 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 14 November 2009 - 11:14 PM

^ Yeah, really one of the only things they could do would be to add onboard audio, but I really don't think it would serve a purpose, unless they added the new B&M trains and decided to just throw speakers on it (Kind of like X2, where they got new trains with speakers etc...)
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#22 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 12:00 AM

I could not really be a ride with a story to it, but instead just be a general theme, like Batman.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#23 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 11:01 AM

Finbow, the new B&M trains are bigger than the current ones, so it wouldn't work to get new trains. But yeah it could get audio like X2's. Plus you could add some fake tunnels with mist in them. Also I was thinking that you could add flame throwers pointing outwards on the MCBR. Before anyone says its unsafe, look at the Mummy.

#24 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 07:56 PM

Nitro by itself is a fantastic ride, it doesn't need effects to spruce it up. Theming after Superman would just make it even more confusing to the GP with all of the other Superman coaters across the country. Although, as Sue just said, it deserves some new paint in the next couple of years, something for 2011/its 10th anniversary maybe? :)

#25 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:17 PM

Respond to all people debating on the effects to be added to Nitro/the new B&M trains/X2 comparison/Jakc throwing out the word Batman (LOL, just joking around):

Effects shall be added o the train. Therefore, the flamers don't need to be randomly put in the air, the audio is there, no random strobes, lasers, fireworks, or random new, out of the norm effects to be added in not needed places. This will reduce the fact of having the flames up so high, or audio with the trains, etc.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#26 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 08:29 PM

Why is there even discussion of Nitro being re-themed? How about something a bit more sensible like Gasm or Skully. Nitro a 10 without a theme.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#27 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:16 AM

I don't think they should really "theme" Nitro, but I think they should add something cool. Maybe an effect or two, or at least make the station like a rave party.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#28 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 09:34 AM

The line is so short, quick because of the capacity there is no need for theming on NITRO. Even when I heard it was supposed to have a space theme that surprised me. The most ugly thing I have to look at it the station but really I don't mind. That NITRO sign is pretty cool and the ride experience speaks for itself. Let's paint the ride, even that add on railing into the storage house. I'm not crying it has to be painted yet but that would be a great gift to the ride upon reaching 10 years old.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#29 flyingcrayons

flyingcrayons

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 04:53 PM

i really love all the rust on the metal box station... it gives it that final touch... plus this proves you dont need theming to have a great ride

#30 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 05:44 PM

If they were to add speakers, they could do it like this fairly easily:

Posted Image

http://rcdb.com/3621.htm?p=18655
Posted Image
Click My Signature