acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 06:04 PM

http://www.iaapa.org...9nov09floor.asp

Six Flags, 5D Announce Attraction Agreement
On Tuesday, 5D International (Booth #5503) announced an agreement with Six Flags Inc. to bring its first 5-D attraction to the United States.

Andreas Kornprobst, art and media producer for 5D, said he cannot discuss any particulars of the deal at this time—what type of attraction it will be, which park it will go into, when it will open, etc.—but confirmed it will be an anchor attraction as part of Six Flags’ 50th anniversary celebration in 2010.

“We’re very glad Six Flags joined us in a press release for IAAPA [Attractions Expo], as this is the event of the year—the most important show,” he said.

#2 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:24 PM

No conclusions being jumped to over here but Gadv could really use that...BUT we have Fly Me to the Moon and Houdini so I doubt this is coming to us. I'm not even sure. I can't think of a SF with no dark ride. SFMM? Here's a video of the Haunted House one in Branson..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhKTSgrwo-A

Lots of fun to be had in Lakefront 2010.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#3 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:02 PM

Thats not made by 5D International though.

#4 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 03:56 PM

This will probably boost my reputation lol.

5D International

5D International is a thrill/family ride company who produces many types of rides. The only one thats truly out now is a flying-based ride called Vienna Airlines. After taking a look at the website, it looks to be a promising attraction with very full thematic parts. It is based around the advantage of flight in Vienna and it was pretty cool. For the record, Vienna Airlines is a FlyBoard 5D which is a Motion System-based Close-to-Reality-Experience and has the impression of flying through the air like a bird or swimming through the sea like a dolphin, without being strapped to a seat. Pretty much because you're standing the whole time haha. Other experiences from 5D include...

- Da.R.E. 5D (Dark Ride Experience 5D): Dark Ride technology including themed rotating vehicles, 3D film sequences, on board audio, sudden drops and on board special effects (ticklers, blasts of air). Off-board audio and special effects.

- Dream Coaster 5D: Story-driven indoor Roller Coaster combining 3D film sequences with on board audio technology, on board SFX elements (ticklers, sprinkler, blasts of air) and a compelling and involving storyline.

- Karaoke Spin 5D: Spinning ride experience combined with live song contest performance including video cameras on ride.

- Kids Cube 5D: Exploratorium-like, hands-on-environment consisting of architecturally standardized building blocks, which are adapted according to theming / destination / client. Building blocks include sound and SFX installations such as wind, fog and stroboscopic effects.

- MicroZoom 5D: Spinning technology combined with dynamic platform elements, 3D, Projection Audio System, special effects (blasts of air, sprinkler, ticklers) and close to reality animatronic creatures.

- Miracle Theatre 5D: Sensory motor cinema with sound matrix system, special effects (wind, scent, water spray, fog, leg ticklers, puffs of air) and dynamic platform (vibrations, vertical drop), involving guests actively in a highly emotional experience. Including enhanced 3D film production.

- Time Warp 5D: Spinning Motion System Technology combined with latest 3D technology, sound projection and SFX. Return to the past and back to the future! The Time Warp takes its guests on a haunting and amazing journey back to ancient times.

- Vertical Climax 5D: Story driven indoor Free Fall experience including fog-projection, mirror effects, dynamic projection effects, stroboscopic effects, on and off board audio plus special effects and dynamic seating.

In my own personal opinion, this is GREAT! Six Flags made a great move on their part and really stepped it up. I'm pretty anxious for this company's ideas along with Six Flags' on what will be coming to the chain in the years to come.

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#5 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 04:54 PM

- Vertical Climax 5D: Story driven indoor Free Fall experience including fog-projection, mirror effects, dynamic projection effects, stroboscopic effects, on and off board audio plus special effects and dynamic seating.

Bring this one to Gadv and we won't need a drop tower!
Posted Image

#6 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 05:43 PM

Dont push it John we still need a drop tower.

#7 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:30 PM

Hearing Cory say there's only 1 model of theirs out makes me worried. That'd mean Six Flags would be getting prototypes. And we haven't had the best of luck with them.

Not saying that they shouldn't have made this deal, I'm just saying.

Posted Image

#8 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 07:55 PM

Cory nice find. I've been looking for their website.

#9 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 21 November 2009 - 08:38 PM

Hearing Cory say there's only 1 model of theirs out makes me worried. That'd mean Six Flags would be getting prototypes. And we haven't had the best of luck with them.

Not saying that they shouldn't have made this deal, I'm just saying.

Well we did have great luck with Medusa/Bizarro and I would think that they would test it out with prototypes in their own manufacturing facility before they send one out.

Cory nice find. I've been looking for their website.

Google is your best friend

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#10 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 12:26 AM

I'd rather wait for a Sally Corp. Dark Ride.
Posted Image

#11 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 24 November 2009 - 10:29 PM

My first impression upon reading this the other day on screamscape was GREAT! This is exactly the kind of move SFI needed to make. I definitly want to see one of these at gadv. I wouldn't take that video whole-heartedly I'm certain you will see modifications such as I'm sure it will be seated and offer much greater capacity. I'm also sure you will see custom videos, maybe not for the smaller parks, but for the bigger parks like us with the way Red Zone has been using DC don't be surprised if your flying with superman on one of these in 2011

The bigger news however was the interviewed announcement by John Wardley (renowned British concept theme park designer) that he is working with B&M to get their new product going.....which you can discus more about here
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#12 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:52 PM

^If Gadv got one I hope it would be themed to Superman.

I Found A Video:

There are a few thrilling parts but if it were added to Gadv, would you wait in a 2hr+ line for it?
Posted Image

#13 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 10:39 PM

No. I think it would be a good addition, it wouldn't be worth 2hr.+ lines
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#14 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:32 AM

Really not worth that long of a wait.
Ride Count & Trip Count 2010
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#15 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 07:49 AM

Well if it is as an amazing attraction as everyone is saying and it comes to Gadv, you can expect that long of a wait. Your standing the entire ride.
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users