23 replies to this topic

#16 WanderingCoasterKid

WanderingCoasterKid

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 05:56 PM

Nitro does not need to be repainted, and Ill list why...

First of all, from a distance it still appears to look as good as a brand new coaster. Up close, yes one can tell the paint has faded a bit, but the track is not very rusty at all. The supports are still a nice deep blue.

Second of all, Nitro is set way back in the park. Most guests are only seeing the ride from a distance, and cannot see the small amount it has faded. Even when queueing for the ride, all one really sees is the life hill. The ride is set way far back.

Third of all, since the ride is not nearly faded or rusted enough, there is no reason to repaint it. It costs thousands of dollars to repaint a coaster, its more work than you think. Certain sections need to be blocked off and taped off so the color schemes dont mix. The park needs to pay workers to paint it, rent cranes for the high sections, pay for the thousands of gallons of paint and primer it would take on a beast like Nitro.

Bottom line is, the park does not need to spend expenses on a ride thats barely faded or rusted. A ride that needed a paint job was Mr Freeze a SFSTL. That was a faded and highly rusted ride. Nitro is no where near that condition, and it set far back away from most of the GP.
The only things that can't be done are the things you choose not to do
CHECK OUT THE ONLY HYDRAULIC DRILL LAUNCH KNEX COASTER EVER MADE HERE
Be a part of new experiment

#17 Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 29 January 2010 - 07:31 PM

Not only does Nitro need a repaint, but the rolling stock would benefit from a total refurbishment. The seats and restraints look filthy.

#18 Finbow

Finbow

Batman #1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,331 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:34 AM

Not only does Nitro need a repaint, but the rolling stock would benefit from a total refurbishment. The seats and restraints look filthy.

Yeah, I remember when getting on last season, hearing one of the employees say "These trains are literally falling apart..." It is true and I remember seeing seats closed off almost every time I rode.
"When the floor drops down, don't frown, because Batman is about to turn your world upside-down!"

#19 Cory

Cory

Future Industry Engineer

• Retired Admin
  • 2,035 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 05:19 PM

I like how the color scheme is rusted and faded. The coaster has an attitude with that. The attitude is being bad ass.

If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a add.png
Robert Cory Molloy - Retired Administrator of Great Adventure Online

#20 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:27 PM

I agree, I like the rust. Especially on the sing, it gives the ride some character. I don't even remember what the sign looked like when it first opened. I'd rather seem them put the money in adding some tress along the queue, it needs some sort of shade, something needs to be added, nothing major but the grey rocks and grey path and grey fence needs to be broken up. And concerning the track. It still has it's punch.

I found this picture which seems to be taken during Freight Fest (you can see webs in the corner) and I can't tell if they covered up the rust or if it just looks black from the picture.

Posted Image

#21 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 07:51 PM

Wandering is right. If the coaster is seperated from the park and no one can see it but the riders [and itd racing past them at 80 mph] why would Nitro even need a paint job. It's a waste of money. The trees are a good idea though LocalGADV.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#22 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 01:33 PM

I agree, I like the rust. Especially on the sing, it gives the ride some character. I don't even remember what the sign looked like when it first opened. I'd rather seem them put the money in adding some tress along the queue, it needs some sort of shade, something needs to be added, nothing major but the grey rocks and grey path and grey fence needs to be broken up. And concerning the track. It still has it's punch.

I found this picture which seems to be taken during Freight Fest (you can see webs in the corner) and I can't tell if they covered up the rust or if it just looks black from the picture.

Posted Image

Wish all the blinking path lights came back.
Ride Count & Trip Count 2010
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#23 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 02:37 PM

If they do refurbish Nitro, they should keep the sign rusted and they should keep the spine of the track and support colors intact, just replace the Magenta. I always hated that Magenta! :sick0025:

Edit: I suppose a forest green would be a nice replacement, and it would really go well with all of the trees surrounding the coaster. Any other suggestions?

#24 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:33 AM

I kinda like Nitro having the faded, rusting look. It makes it look.. eh, I don't know.
It's not like I'd be mad if they repaint it (it'll definitely need more paint eventually), but it's fine as is now.

Just out of curiosity, how much would cost take to repaint it?

I agree with you - and the paint on the track is not really what you notice when riding, it's the amazing ride. I wouldn't say no adding some theming in the queue (TNT boxes or something) but the rust makes it look industrial, like what most of Movietown is supposed to be.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users