32 replies to this topic

#1 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 09:15 AM

Anyone else think lighting should be added on some of our coasters? Kingda Ka would be amazing. It woul make the ride better too. You have a 456ft. tower in your park why not shine some light on it.
Posted Image

Rolling Thunder would look nice with lighting too.
RT with Lights

Some rides that should stay dark are Nitro and Batman.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#2 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:51 PM

I think Kingda Ka would look nice from the other side of the park with lighting.
Ride Count & Trip Count 2010
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#3 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 04:54 PM

I wish they utilized Ka's tower and Launch Track like they do with TTD. It could really be a much better ride experience if there was a midway next to the launch track. If I'm not mistaken there was a viewing platform next to the launch track at one time. You can see the path leading to it while in the straight away to the station.
Posted Image

#4 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 05:01 PM

Yeah I remember that and it looked close to the track. Probably idiots throwing stuff.
Trips:3, Nitro:2, Bizarro:3, El Toro:3, Kingda Ka:3, Superman:Ultimate Flight:1, The Dark Knight:2, Batman:The Ride:2, Skull Mountain:1, The Great American Scream Machine:0, Rolling Thunder:0, Runaway Mine Train:1, Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train:1

#5 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 06:03 PM

I wish they would put some lights on KK as well. It looks so boring from the path
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#6 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 07:52 AM

It looks boring from everywhere in the park. More guest will take notice if it had lighting.
Posted Image

#7 CreditCrazy

CreditCrazy

Nitrolololol

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 01:29 AM

I don't really see the point of lighting Kingda Ka...if I'm correct it's away from the midway? It isn't fair to compare it to TTD because TTD is right on the midway in the center of the park, of course it's going to be lit. KK might look better from the parking lot, but I don't see any in-the-park advantage.
Posted Image

#8 Devins3

Devins3

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 02:51 AM

Yeah I remember that and it looked close to the track. Probably idiots throwing stuff.

No, after the major breakdown that happened opening year they closed most of the original queue (that was located in the infield of KK) and the observation platform due to the fact that debris was thrown from the ride when the breakdown occurred.It is a safety thing so spectators do not get injured in the event of another catastrophic breakdown.

As far as the lighting issue im kind of torn because I think that it is awesome staring down the launch track at night and barely being able to see the tower, its like I am getting launched into nothing, its cool. However I think that lighting would make it look better, but i would still say to keep it dark.
Posted Image
Nitro is the greatest ride ever.

#9 BiZaRpErMan

BiZaRpErMan

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 08:26 AM

Any coaster in total darkness is better. I don't care how many lights are on something at night, when it is night out, I like riding it in total darkness.

Posted Image

#10 Robbie

Robbie

CoasterKraze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:02 PM

looking down that launch is pretty neat in total darkness. When I went on at night felt like we skyrocketed into space which is pretty sweet.

#11 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 03:06 PM

The thing about TTD is that it is in the middle of a midway, which makes it more of an effect. Lighting up Ka at night wouldn't be as good, but it would be cool
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#12 nitrofan

nitrofan

Nitrofan Admits: El Toro > Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,888 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 10:54 PM

I think that Kingda Ka should be lit up, but Nitro should stay dark. IMO, anything near the edge of the park should be lit up and visible at night, just to make the park look "alive". If a ride is visible from a main road, it should definately be lit up.
Posted Image
Click My Signature

#13 Christian

Christian

I'm kind of a big deal

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,358 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:05 AM

The tower has lights, but they're never turned on, most likely to save energy costs, plus those bulbs probably need more maintenance than they're worth when the ride is fine without them.
Posted Image

There was a dream that was GADV Online...

#14 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:08 PM

The tower has lights, but they're never turned on, most likely to save energy costs, plus those bulbs probably need more maintenance than they're worth when the ride is fine without them.
Posted Image

AKA, the picnic table light! I don't believe it is there anymore, but back in '05-'06 when you rode Rolling Thunder, you could see the huge spotlight that was used to light up the whole tower, and instead of it being planted into the ground, it was being supported by a extra picnic table, probably from Best of the West or one of those restaurants.

#15 BMax

BMax

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

The tower has lights, but they're never turned on, most likely to save energy costs, plus those bulbs probably need more maintenance than they're worth when the ride is fine without them.Posted Image

AKA, the picnic table light! I don't believe it is there anymore, but back in '05-'06 when you rode Rolling Thunder, you could see the huge spotlight that was used to light up the whole tower, and instead of it being planted into the ground, it was being supported by a extra picnic table, probably from Best of the West or one of those restaurants.

Haha! they were just using there resources.. :tonofbricks: </sarcasm>

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users