Chang Coming In 2011!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#31 Maromode24

Maromode24

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:26 PM

Seems like Sixflags wanted to snatch up Chang from Kentucky before any issues came up about where it was going and closest place was ill.

#32 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 01:20 PM

I have noticed a lot of disdain for Chang in the forums, not just this one but others as well. I am wondering why this is, since I've heard nothing but good things about the ride from people who have ridden it. It's a Beemer (where a bit spoiled when it comes to these as I think we will now have the most of any park or close to), we need other makes of coasters to in my opinion. However I've never ridden a stand up, and thought they were unique in their own way and after seeing Chang's (we'll call it that for now) layout I am anxious to go flying through that first loop while on my feet! My own theory as to why people may not like Chang is because of who's spot it's taking, I can somewhat understand that and I myself would've preferred the park to put it behind Congo Rapids and keep GASM just to improve our numbers! However, since Screamer had to go I hope we do get a few flats with Chang and actually keep them and maintain them for a change so that they are running consistently and efficiently. Also Chang has to stay with the park for like 15 years or so because I'm not too keen on the whole ride rotation thing. If it's ours, it's ours hands down. Anyway, I loved Scream Machine and as sad as I was/still am to see it go (mainly in how they are removing it) I am also excited for the future. :jumping0046:

#33 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:13 AM

I know how to ride it and I made sure I rode it a couple cycles when I went to SFKK two times. It was definitely the highlight of that park.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#34 sfgam123

sfgam123

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:45 PM

In all respect. When was the last time you guys looked at a US map? If your idea is right, then... A.they would have sent it to Six Flags St. Louis, being closer to Kentucky than Great America. B.it would be cheaper just to send it straight to Great Adventure and C.if my memory serves me right, I heard they were (the track of Chang) was sent to an Iron works in Kentucky near Kentucky Kingdom. D.Six Flags cant really do much work at the park for they dont have the staff for that, they would still have to send it off somewhere else.
~SFGAM123

#35 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 03:43 PM

^ What you're saying makes sense; but we're not inventing a story. We're using these explanations to try and explain a rumor we've heard. The first part of the rumor (GASM's removal) has been proven true, and the Jackson Township Board has scheduled a meeting in two days to discuss Great Adventure's "new steel coaster to replace Great American Scream Machine". That could be Part 2 of the rumor coming true.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#36 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:53 PM

It was shipped to SFGAm because it was meant to be placed there. There were even zoning board meetings for it, and the town's site even mentioned Chang by name on their online site with the meeting schedule. It is obvious that it was meant to go to SFGAm, but for what ever reason, it looks like Weber canceled that plan. When the rumor that Chang was coming to SFGADV instead started, everything starting falling into place. One of the last zoning meetings at SFGAm were canceled last minute. Then the GASM closer was announced. And now a zoning board meeting is scheduled for "new steel coaster" at SFGADV.

Anyway, we should find out for sure soon, as Six Flags said they would announced the new ride in August. Plus we should get some sort of answer at the meeting this week. Is anyone going by the way?

#37 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 05:17 PM

^I don't think Weber personally told SFGAm to cancell their plans, nor do I think he planned to send Chang to GADV from the get go. Just because the assumption that Weber stopped the Mr. Six Dance Coaster plans for SFMM does not mean he cancelled SFGAm's plans to get Chang and ment to send Chang to GADV. Shapiro's original plan was probably to send Chang to SFGAm and he was going to play it by ear to see if SFGAm was either going to remove Iron Wolf or not. Yet Shapiro left, Weber took over and he didn't say anything about Chang. Then at a meeting, SFGAm stated they would not build for the 2011 for something big, perhaps a coaster. Yet, that was around when GASM's rumor of removal came to be and when Chang became the first candidate for a possible replacement, although it is on SFGAm grounds. And while GASM is going through deconstruction as we speak, GADV is planning to get approval to build a new steel coaster in GASM's old place. Basically, the pieces fell into place on our part.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#38 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

^I don't think Weber personally told SFGAm to cancell their plans, nor do I think he planned to send Chang to GADV from the get go. Just because the assumption that Weber stopped the Mr. Six Dance Coaster plans for SFMM does not mean he cancelled SFGAm's plans to get Chang and ment to send Chang to GADV. Shapiro's original plan was probably to send Chang to SFGAm and he was going to play it by ear to see if SFGAm was either going to remove Iron Wolf or not. Yet Shapiro left, Weber took over and he didn't say anything about Chang. Then at a meeting, SFGAm stated they would not build for the 2011 for something big, perhaps a coaster. Yet, that was around when GASM's rumor of removal came to be and when Chang became the first candidate for a possible replacement, although it is on SFGAm grounds. And while GASM is going through deconstruction as we speak, GADV is planning to get approval to build a new steel coaster in GASM's old place. Basically, the pieces fell into place on our part.

I agree, however in all honesty I don't care how we ended up getting it. We're getting it and to me that's all that matters! :jumping0046: :banana:

#39 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:18 PM

I recall Chang's station roof was a minimal slant one. If SFGADV is going to be minimal in installing it, use the Shockwave name and keep Chang with its current colors. It was just repainted that within the last 2-3 seasons. Since the track is fully separated in individual pieces they should at least be washed, spot painted if we keep those colors. Minimally I think the 2nd corkscrew might need a slight pit since it's quite low to the ground.

#40 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

I recall Chang's station roof was a minimal slant one. If SFGADV is going to be minimal in installing it, use the Shockwave name and keep Chang with its current colors. It was just repainted that within the last 2-3 seasons. Since the track is fully separated in individual pieces they should at least be washed, spot painted if we keep those colors. Minimally I think the 2nd corkscrew might need a slight pit since it's quite low to the ground.

You mean the Medusa scheme it has now correct? That would be funny! She lives! ^_^

#41 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 10:27 PM

It's now yellow track with blue supports, it was painted like medusa a few years ago

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#42 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:04 PM

It's more Batman yellow with blue supports. The former Medusa like paint job was way worse than the paint we had on our Medusa in half the time. Absolutely horrible it was.

#43 Kingda R

Kingda R

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 31 July 2010 - 11:30 PM

It's more Batman yellow with blue supports. The former Medusa like paint job was way worse than the paint we had on our Medusa in half the time. Absolutely horrible it was.

Ok, I had it backwards I thought they painted it M's colors after the yellow/blue combo. How about a dark grey and dark blue of sorts? Just something different, and definitely not a superhero/villain!

#44 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

It went from yellow/yellow which I thought looked awesome to lime green/purple to yellow/blue.

I hope whoever goes to the town meeting just listens in, does not take photos. I think that is with in the traditional newspaper press' choice to do that. I would not want people to distract at a public town meeting.

#45 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 04 August 2010 - 07:53 PM

Chang's current color scheme is too similar to Nitro. Something orange would fit the area.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users