7 replies to this topic

#1 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:58 PM

Everytime I enter the park this season, I always seem to find some new, delicious food that I'd never tried before. I'm also scared to try several of the food outlets since I'm not sure they'll have good food. Well, I was looking around the forums and I couldn't find any threads about this, so I added one. What's good in the park, what's bad? And what can we say about each of the restaurants? Here's what I'd like to say in a food related discussion -

My recommendations for good food in the park:
1. Best of the West
2. Mama Flora's - Get the flat breads!
3. New England Hot Dog Co. - Great french fries and hot dogs.
4. Turkey Legs - Delicious and huge.
5. Johnny Rockets - great milkshakes.
6. Papa John's - good as the chain.

Don't go here -
7. Cold Stone and Ben & Jerry's - Disappointing especially when compared to outside chains. Only go if you want stale cones.

And here's what I want to ask -

Has anyone been to Ted's? Do they have good cheesesteaks? And before you answer, I want good comparison - I mean, have you ever been to a good cheesesteak restaurant like Jim's in Philly - there's nothing worse than a bad cheesesteak.

And here's a question -

What the HELL is that disgusting smell in Granny's? I'm sure it's cleaning fluid, but my friend's dad said that the smell has been in the restaurant since it first opened. It looks like the nicest and most variety-filled restaurant from the outside, but when you step in it smells disgusting. Does anyone know exactly what that is? I'm sure it's cleaning fluid, but I'm not sure.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#2 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:38 PM

How's that new Sniztle (sp) place? I heard it was really good, but overpriced. Its by the Lakefront. It opened a couple weeks ago.

I agree about Cold Stones and Ben & Jerry's, I'm always left disappointed.

For Teds, i've only been once. It was towards the end of the day and service took forever. My fries were cold and when I finally got the cheesesteak it was chewy and hard. Do you know what I mean? It was very good. And it was also cold. I don't know if it was just bad service or what. I haven't tried it again.

#3 JackSpratmaybe2fat

JackSpratmaybe2fat

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

Went to BOTW on saturday and had horrible service. We all got seperate (not combined) orders and the lady screwed up 2of the 3 orders. We all got cold fries where you couldn't eat the whole fry. The other annoying thing is how they constantly have advertisements over the menu board. How can I see what I want if you keep having ads for the movie :THE OTHER GUYS: over the menu?

#4 Doug

Doug

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 01:29 PM

I was wondering where the turkey legs are located? I don't ever remember seeing them.

#5 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 06:57 PM

^ They are located next to the Ferris Wheel near The Heist and Kingpin Bowl-a-Thon. They cost 11.99, though. They're a bit salty, but they taste delicious!

Some of the other things I forgot were great popcorn (throughout the park), and delicious (but greasy) Butterfly Fries in Seaport Eats. They don't have much flavor, but what's there is good.

Oh yes, and the delicious and healthy Hearty Corn stands serve REALLY good corn. I like the lemon and pepper, but I didn't like the Indian one (although I do like Indian food).

Now what I really want to know is, how good is the food in Great Character Cafe, Granny's, Ted's, and Outpost Grill?
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#6 Kingda Ka-Nitro

Kingda Ka-Nitro

Batman

• Members
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:28 PM

Granny's taste exactly like KFC just a little worse. It is general fried chicken mashed potatoes and biscuits. The buffet is worth it though.
GADV Trips 07- 2

Ride Count of 07

Nitro-5 Medusa-1 SMFF-0

RT-0 BTR-0 BTC-0 SM-0

ET-2 SUF-0 RTC-0

KK-12 RMT-0 GASM-1

Posted Image
Posted Image

#7 pashacar

pashacar

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:53 PM

Out post Grill is no more, but generally the park-run food places are not as good imo. Granny's is pretty boring stuff, a lot of which tastes like it's right out of a box, and Character has burgers and fries that aren't as good as when you can get elsewhere. They aren't bad, you can just do a lot better.

#8 scaresfan

scaresfan

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 02:13 PM

The Japanese place near Twister on the Boardwalk (located in the same building as Johnny Rockets and a sandwich place) is pretty decent, if pricey. The chicken is similar to sweet and sour chicken at most chinese takeouts and the bubble tea and smoothies are pretty good.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users