80 replies to this topic

#31 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 05:48 PM

Dead Man's Party rocks my socks. I listen to the music like every day of my life.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#32 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Dead Man's Party is the best show ever year Six Flags Great Adventure puts on (and just think, SNL is awesome too!). Though it isn't the same since 2006 (best year ever), it is still so badass.

#33 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 04 September 2010 - 08:17 PM

^The choreography in 2006 was way better, however all the new pyrotechnics and lights and all are definitely way better.

30k3uyq.jpg

#34 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 08:17 AM

DOUBLE POST!

There is a rumor going around that a Lady Gaga song is in this year's Dead Man's Party. The rumored song is "Teeth".

30k3uyq.jpg

#35 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:08 AM

I don't expect Elvira this year. I'm glad I rode it all these years.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#36 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

There is a rumor going around that a Lady Gaga song is in this year's Dead Man's Party. The rumored song is "Teeth".

That song doesn't have any Halloween theme really. Ke$ha's Take it Off reminds me of Fright Fest more than "Teeth"

#37 jdc12192

jdc12192

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:32 AM

That song doesn't have any Halloween theme really. Ke$ha's Take it Off reminds me of Fright Fest more than "Teeth"

I actually can see that song being peformed. I think the vibe/beats/etc. of the song fits pretty well with the show.

#38 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:45 AM

I'm probably the only enthusiast that could care less about the Dead Man's Party.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#39 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:03 PM

I don't care about it either even though I am sure it's a great show, I go to the park for the coasters and I'd rather spend time power riding than watching a show.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#40 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

I don't care about it either even though I am sure it's a great show, I go to the park for the coasters and I'd rather spend time power riding than watching a show.

...DMP isn't just a show. It's an experience. The fire, strobes, music, dancing, everything is just outstanding. Especially in the front! Without it FF would be a bunch of shovels and smoke machines.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#41 Jack

Jack

NEW YORK

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 09:30 PM

...DMP isn't just a show. It's an experience. The fire, strobes, music, dancing, everything is just outstanding. Especially in the front! Without it FF would be a bunch of shovels and smoke machines.

It's the location of DMP that doesn't go well for me. Although it is in a good spot to attract many people to watch the show, it limits the capabilities by having a smaller stage and backstage privacy, etc. This is what should be at the Showcase theatre or at least at a section of the park where it isn't so cramped. It would fit everyone more comfortably and they would be able to expand the show.
Posted Image
NEW YORK

Twitter @DJNunz

#42 pashacar

pashacar

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 05 September 2010 - 10:43 PM

I like DMP, but I wish it could have live vocals. The canned vocal tracks and lip-synching by the cast take away from the experience imo.

#43 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 06:45 AM

It may be possible that the hay ride is coming back.

30k3uyq.jpg

#44 scaresfan

scaresfan

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

Dorney's Haunt is not an upcharge and is a fairly good recreation of the better upcharge haunts I've seen yet included with the price of the day ticket. Since there is no extra charge, the bonus of doing so much (11 haunts if you include the scare zones) with very high quality really makes Fright Fest pale in comparison. DMP is really good, though it is somewhat repetitious if you have seen it every year, and gets a nice family vibe to it, but isn't enough to make the rest of FF come alive like it used to.

The bigger difference is that with Dorney's Haunt, the last two years changing from Halloweekends to a real haunted park has increased the intensity a lot, and feeling that nowhere is safe is pretty amazing. Sure, with that many haunts, not everything will be great, but last year had very few low spots other than the fact that you simply can't do it all in one night. The money that is coming in from the larger crowds for this time period is showing as things improve with better props and more ghouls. GAdv used to look that way through the 90s, but then dropped off a cliff as it looked like the same props were recycled with nothing new and scaring people was an afterthought after around 2003. I do understand the debt involved and how it impacted their plans, but the upcharge for the trails can only continue to work if it looks like they are improving. The Asylum is a nice idea, but looks really really cheaply done for the same $5 that the other trail charges for tons of props and hiding spots. I am more willing to pay money if it looks like my money is being used to improve the next year. SFNE is a clear example of how badly mismanaged their Fright Fest is once Mark was moved because the last few years have looked and felt exactly the same despite charging for the haunts (never mind the disastrous extreme charges they tried early last season), and I stopped going there after it was clear my money and time were better spent at Dorney.

#45 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

^After Mark Kane left SFNE the new GM tried to make it family friendly to tie in with Mark Shapiro's vision.

I don't think Al Weber's and Reid-Anderson's vision of Six Flags is a cheap Disney like Shapiro so hopefully all the parks Fright Fests will be improved but I doubt SFNE's will.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users