#16 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

Official park press release!

DC Comics' Super Hero GREEN LANTERN will focus the might of his Power Ring at Six Flags Great Adventure in 2011 with the launch of an exciting new thrill ride. Towering 15 stories high with over three quarters of a mile of twisting green steel, this new
stand-up coaster will take you on a journey of epic proportions.

Standing 154 feet tall and reaching speeds of 63 mph, GREEN LANTERN will rank among the
tallest and fastest roller coasters of its kind anywhere in the world. Unlike traditional seated coasters, GREEN LANTERN allows you to stand erect throughout the entire course of the ride that delivers a ride experience unlike any other. The two minute and thirty second thrill begins with a pulse-quickening
45 degree vertical drop before rocketing you through five inversions including a 121-foot-tall loop, a 103-foot dive loop, a 72-foot inclined loop climaxing in twisted double corkscrews.

Guardians of peace and justice, the GREEN LANTERN CORPS is a group of intergalactic police officers charged with the protection of the universe. A GREEN LANTERN must be someone who has the ability and willpower to overcome great fear. Recognized as the greatest member of the GREEN LANTERNS CORPS, HAL JORDAN was the first Earthman ever inducted into the Corps. and founding member of the JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA. Green Lanterns are fitted with a weapon unlike any other in existence, a ring that channels pure willpower in the form of solid green energy that can manifest any construct the bearer imagines.

GREEN LANTERN is guaranteed to deliver a smooth, white-knuckled adventure but this time standing up while upside down!

#17 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:10 PM

Hooray! It's nice to see it finally come, and hopefully it will be themed nicely. The video has it with 7-car trains, so I'm guessing we'll have 3-trains. (Can you say stacking?)

#18 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:11 PM

Bummer that there isn't much more detail. Let's hope they go all out with some of the ride themeing, although it is not shown in the video.... I was hoping for some flats and such, but it seems that we are either not getting any as hoped, or this announcement was only for the coaster itself. I guess we are all going to have to wait until Spring for more details and see the actual themeing on the ride once built. Does anyone think they will have it ready by opening day (spring break)?

#19 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:21 PM

I honestly giggled when I saw that they made the preview on No Limits. :P

But still, everyone here saw the Green Lantern theme from a mile away, but I can speak for all of us when I say "Tunnels?! Oh heck yeah! :jumping0001:"

I wonder if the GL coaster will have the same theming levels as The Dark Knight and Bizarro, something like it teaches the riders how to use the Lantern's ring, and gives a rundown on the basics and maybe some villains. Just not either a random coaster with another superhero's name slapped on it, or a giant movie promotion. I'm also hoping that those tunnels get green neon lights and/or smoke. Am I getting ahead of myself? :D

#20 PAPD37

PAPD37

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:40 PM

I dont think we are getting Tunnels, i could be and hope i am wrong here, but i recall something about Jackson Twp not being a fan of Tunnels.
Posted Image

In memory of the 37 Brave Men and Women of the Port Authority Police Dept of NY and NJ who gave there lives on 9-11. It is cause of you, in the darkest hour of our country, we saw the lightest hour. May god bless you. RIP PAPD37

#21 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:01 PM

I dont think we are getting Tunnels, i could be and hope i am wrong here, but i recall something about Jackson Twp not being a fan of Tunnels.

But they are fans of an auger of doom? lol

I guess the safety hazard would be if the train valleys in the tunnel.. or if it spontaneously combusts. O.o

sig_kaiser.png

#22 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

I think the tunnels thing applies to underground tunnels. Great Adventure rests over waterways, and the underground waterways have lots of regulations on them.

#23 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:14 PM

They mind about going underground. These tunnels are above ground.

#24 PAPD37

PAPD37

Batman

• Members
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:31 PM

I stand correct, i knew it was something about tunnels, glad i was semi wrong ha
Posted Image

In memory of the 37 Brave Men and Women of the Port Authority Police Dept of NY and NJ who gave there lives on 9-11. It is cause of you, in the darkest hour of our country, we saw the lightest hour. May god bless you. RIP PAPD37

#25 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:41 PM

But they are fans of an auger of doom? lol

I guess the safety hazard would be if the train valleys in the tunnel.. or if it spontaneously combusts. O.o

:anim_63: :anim_63:

#26 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:43 PM

By the way, down the line if or when this ride looses popularity, the Green Lanterns seem to have many enemies to choose from (Medusa->Bizarro):

Posted Image

:tongue0011: ;)

#27 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

I hope there's cool lights or fog in the tunnels. But I doubt they'll just be grey like they are in NoLimits.

And I hope the station's indoors, like Hulk. And I hope there's good theming along the queue. That's it, I think.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#28 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:32 PM

I guarantee some sort of a preshow or TVs to set up the confusing story.

#29 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:11 PM

First time with tunnels? That seems odd. At least we can all now say "TAKE THE TUNNEL!!!!!!!!"
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#30 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:33 PM

I thought Jackson Township didn't allow tunnels...? Because if they do, El Toro should get a tunnel on the one "boring" part towards the middle of the ride when you go back past the station.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users