862 replies to this topic

#31 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:34 PM

That NoLimits preview video was pathetic. I'm sorry but it was just horrible. They could of hired professional video makers like most parks or at least got someone who is talented with NoLimits. could have made a video 10 times better. I was disappointed with the video as well as the lack of detailed info. Maybe they're not finalized yet, but some themed elements mentioned would have been cool.

#32 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

First time with tunnels? That seems odd. At least we can all now say "TAKE THE TUNNEL!!!!!!!!"

I already got to during spring break :) Its pretty fun shouting "TAKE THE TUNNEL" during TS:TR.

There is SO much they can do. I love the idea of Superhero or Metropolis Boardwalk that Rolling Toro had. Make it a well theme queue that looks like crime(much like B:TR's queue, but more) and despair and then go to the indoor building made to look like the Green Lantern Corps. building. The tunnels should have effects, wheteher it be green lasers, strobes, sounds, etc.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#33 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:09 PM

At SFKK 99% percent of the ride was above ground. There is a slight depression where the second corkscrew was so of course the tunnels were going to be above ground like car ports. I bet if they can get the tunnels the only themeing will be green lights in those tunnels like on the former SROS SFNE. Maybe the extra row on the Riddler train could be a test row to put in front of the ride?

Ding dong - The wicked witch of an ugly Chang train with the purple highlights is dead!
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#34 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:11 PM

Lol, I don't think its Green Lantern Corp. as in corp. being short for corporation. Its pronounced like core I think. Why would the queue be themed to crime like Batman? Just wondering why you want that? Green Lantern's whole story is fighting with the other Green Lantern members to fight off evil in space.

#35 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:38 PM

Would they have been better off to use a SFKK POV of Chang with a green filter placed over the footage in editing so it would be like a Green Lantern night vision pov ride?

#36 Zack

Zack

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:41 PM

^It would've been easier, but it would also be very lazy and get endless ridicule from us. :P

#37 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:49 PM

If it was a totally new coaster then yes go totally pro.

#38 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:31 PM

I think No Limits is good enough for the general public. Especially if they don't know of the program*game*.

Ok...usually for animation we use Keith M. for any of you who know him, he's amazing BUT he is extremely busy lately considering he does pretty much every parks animation. Plus this animation was uh, yeah free.

Said on the Facebook.

sig_kaiser.png

#39 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:56 PM

I love it how the only other ride in the show is the Parachute Tower ... Kingda Ka feels left out.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#40 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 09:04 PM

Isn't the turnaround to the final brakes where you would run into a view of Kingda Ka? Totally don't need to be featured. If it's like RCT2 then there's no inclined loop in the elements catalog and it makes sense to cut the No Limits footage after the dive loop.

#41 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:23 PM

Isn't the turnaround to the final brakes where you would run into a view of Kingda Ka? Totally don't need to be featured. If it's like RCT2 then there's no inclined loop in the elements catalog and it makes sense to cut the No Limits footage after the dive loop.

You can build anything in No Limits. For whatever reason, they didn't put it in.

I'm disappointed with the theme. I know nothing about Green Lantern, so nothing will make sense to me if there's any sort of story or whatever unless they add a preshow.
5 superhero themed coasters. 3 of them aren't even in Movietown. If they make another superhero themed ride, I'm losing all hope of Gadv getting a well themed coaster.

Posted Image

#42 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

Whos to say this won't be well themed? Lots of superhero rides have been well themed. Hulk? Batman La Fuga?(Arkham Asylum theme looks AWESOME)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#43 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

I really hope there is no pre-show. I hate the pre-show on TDK on days where there is no line but you are still stuck waiting in line for the next pre-show, watching the pre-show and then getting to the station to find the cars going out empty. It also makes re-rides difficult. Maybe it wouldn't be an issue so much with the new coaster since I'm sure it won't be a walk on often but I'd still prefer just walking right into the station on slow days.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#44 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:36 PM

Skip the neon. I bet if they add any accent lights it will be LED based.

#45 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:00 PM

Of course, pretty much everyone has seen this page, but look at the stats. No Flash Pass? That surprises me a lot. I mean, if Green Lantern, which the GP would consider almost another Bizarro, doesn't have one, and say TDK has one, it's looks weird. Maybe that will change.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users