22 replies to this topic

#1 hoany

hoany

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 10:18 AM

How have these been in the past as far as crowd levels go? Is there any chance they could close early if crowds are low? Can you only bring one friend for the $14.99 price?

Any other advice/experiences appreciated.

#2 SFGAsue

SFGAsue

Cleverly Disguised as a Responsible Adult

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 11:38 AM

How have these been in the past as far as crowd levels go? Is there any chance they could close early if crowds are low? Can you only bring one friend for the $14.99 price?

Any other advice/experiences appreciated.

The park won't close early and it should be pretty good crowd-wise. Now the real question is: Will they have ALL the trains running or reduce the number to one train on certain coasters. And only one person can get in by showing your season pass with the $14.99 coupon. Just one coupon per season pass.

#3 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:27 PM

Dude, Fall Family Night is flipping awesome.
I have never ever had an issue with crowds and just get ready to have lots and lots of re-rides.

I know last year I was on Toro for about 8 times without getting up...Those who are there are normally die-hard coaster fanatics who understand to move into a different row when the station is empty.

As for the $14.99 thing, as Sue said, it's strictly ONE per season pass holder. Then again, don't even bring anybody haha...less lines for us!

#4 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

It did actually get SLIGHTLY crowded last year ... but that was only towards the very end. If you arrive when the park opens, there's nobody there. I got to stay on Kingda Ka a few times without getting up - unheard of!
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#5 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:41 PM

It should be nice, then. Never been before.

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:47 PM

If attendance is not low enough they could close early. That happened in 2008, people called before leaving and were told the park would be open from 5 - 10 as planned. It was raining all day but stopped by the time the event started. They decided to close at 7:30 instead of 10 because not enough people showed up (just over 400). That probably won't happen if the forecast doesn't change.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 JBE

JBE

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:39 AM

Very much looking forward to this Friday night, it will be my first time for the event. Aside from fewer trains running on certain coasters, are all coasters open, or are only select rides running for the evening?

#8 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 02:42 PM

In 2008 all rides were open except 1 or 2 kiddie areas, Kingda Ka and Nitro. KK was closed because of weather, Nitro was broken down. Medusa, Batman, Skull Moutain and maybe RMT were running 2 trains. I think GASM, ET, RT were running 1 train.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#9 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 28 September 2010 - 03:44 PM

Hopefully they take my SFNE pass. I went one year with my SFGADV pass and ended up in a CHILLER pic.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#10 hoany

hoany

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:48 PM

I guess we will call Friday afternoon just to check. We are about an hour away and wont get there until maybe 6:30.

#11 hoany

hoany

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 08:54 AM

Ok one other question

Two of us are going and we have season passes. We have three people that would like to come too. I know we can get two of them in for $14.99 but what about the third person? Are they out of luck or can they still go with us but pay a higher price?

Thanks

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:41 PM

Maybe you could ask another SP holder near the entance not bringing anyone without a pass with them to use their pass so you can get another $14.99 ticket.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#13 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

Ok one other question

Two of us are going and we have season passes. We have three people that would like to come too. I know we can get two of them in for $14.99 but what about the third person? Are they out of luck or can they still go with us but pay a higher price?

Thanks

If you or your friend have a Discover card, you can get in to the event by buying a $29.99 ticket. That was what was said on FB.

#14 Jinx

Jinx

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:11 AM

Who is going tonight? It's still raining here but it's supposed to clear up later...

#15 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:44 AM

I'm going if they open. Weather.com keeps changing the forecast. First it was supposed to stop raining at 4, now they say 7 but the Doppler radar looks like the rain should be gone soon.

On facebook they say to call before leaving, but we know how that worked out 2 years ago when everyone called and the park said they were open from 5 to 10 and closed at 7:30.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users