25 replies to this topic

#16 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:40 PM

They are both dispatched by county I believe. So both of them would probably get dispatched. Bahaha, okay, I'm done. I promise.

#17 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

The Fire Dept that was housed on SF property did a lot more then just put out fires...Also I believe the park just purchased very recently a new-ish Fire Truck.

Thats why I thought it was a bad idea. I knew they put out more than just fires, don't they help out with first aid and things like that?

no they did not help with first aid responses at the park, first aid is a seperate dept from the fire dept. How many amusment park have a full time paid fire dept now a day anyway? Also the equipment the FD uses is old hand me down fire trucks (from jackson twp i beleive), even with FD at the park you would still have to have Jackson twp respond to fires. Perfect example what did have a paid FD in may of 1984 do to save lives, i will answer this nothing they still needed to call in jackson and many other towns because the fire equipment we had (which is just like the truck we have today) could not fight the fire. this move will save the park alot more than you guys know.

That's irrelevant. Everyone knows Haunted Castle was a firetrap - but even so your point doesn't make sense. What do you think would have happened if the park's FD didn't come?
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#18 dugtown94

dugtown94

Vanlickdenstien

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 11:35 AM

There was a large car fire last year in the parking lot. There is always a chance of fire. However, I'd like to see the amount of calls they responded to last year and actually had to put out a fire. I wouldn't make my decision until that.

#19 MisterDan

MisterDan

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 11:46 PM

I think the FD on property only had 1 firefighter, or maybe 1 on a shift... How much could that 1 person really do during a fire?! Getting rid of the FD is a smart move. They're just getting rid of something a fire extinguisher used by a employee can do!

#20 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

No, they were a fully staffed crew. They had enough to run their one rig without any problems.

#21 andrelaplume

andrelaplume

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:19 AM

The Fire Dept that was housed on SF property did a lot more then just put out fires...Also I believe the park just purchased very recently a new-ish Fire Truck.

Thats why I thought it was a bad idea. I knew they put out more than just fires, don't they help out with first aid and things like that?

no they did not help with first aid responses at the park, first aid is a seperate dept from the fire dept. How many amusment park have a full time paid fire dept now a day anyway? Also the equipment the FD uses is old hand me down fire trucks (from jackson twp i beleive), even with FD at the park you would still have to have Jackson twp respond to fires. Perfect example what did have a paid FD in may of 1984 do to save lives, i will answer this nothing they still needed to call in jackson and many other towns because the fire equipment we had (which is just like the truck we have today) could not fight the fire. this move will save the park alot more than you guys know.

That's irrelevant. Everyone knows Haunted Castle was a firetrap - but even so your point doesn't make sense. What do you think would have happened if the park's FD didn't come?

I recall that fire, I just graduated HS and patronized the park often back then. If the park had / has 'fire traps' then I'd prefer a fd near buy. Those few seconds could save a life. Of course they have a firetrap that could engulf so quickly as did the '84 fire; well personally I think the whole park should have been fined, closed, sued and made to pay...there was no excuse for that. If I were the victims I would have wanted that fd in place as a condition of business for future safety. Again, I assume tehre no such areas of danger anymore.

#22 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 07:43 AM

The fire department is back by the way in case no one knew that.

#23 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 10 December 2010 - 10:52 PM

^ for sure?....proof por favor
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#24 thechiller15

thechiller15

Bizarro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 795 posts

Posted 11 December 2010 - 11:48 AM

^well while at work this week I saw them and spoke to them and they told me they were back lol

#25 screaminkid2005

screaminkid2005

Flyers you have reached the top, 3,2,1 FLY!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 02:50 AM

Yay! They probably realized it was a really bad idea to cut it!
Posted Image

#26 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 26 December 2010 - 01:15 PM

Looking at a fire department manufacturer's site I saw Jackson just got a new Pierce pumper too.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users