6 replies to this topic

#1 CH101

CH101

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 04:58 PM

The Events page has been updated, and along with opening day they have also added an event called "Coaster Celebration".

Here is the description: "Saturday, June 11, 2011 - Celebrate your love for coasters at the home of 2 Golden Ticket award winning coasters! Six Flags Great Adventure’s Coaster Celebration introduces a NEW THEME FOR 2011 - B&M BASH!"

http://www.sixflags....ndarEvents.aspx

:jumping0046:

#2 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

I love this. All the Intamin lovers can suck it!!!!!!!

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 09 November 2010 - 11:01 PM

While I remain indifferent on Chang's arrival not super happy bout it, not overally upset either....it clearly puts us back as the best B&M park out there....something that SFMM stole from us with Tatsu. I mean before Tatsu there was no question it was us: takin the only 4 parks in the world that have at least 4 beemers: us, MM, Gam and SFoG.

Gam has probably the saddest collection of B&Ms then any park in the world. I mean you would think out of 4 at least one would be amazing its B&M for crying out loud! But three of them were B&M first models and two are clones....and well just sux for them really....on a plus note though they definitly win the award for best B&M history IMO.

SFoG: two clones, Georgia scorcher is nothing to write home about, and their only winner is Goliath which easily falls short when compared to Nitro.

So that leaves the last two MM and us:

Batman vs. Batman write it off tie

Bizarro and Scream! - we get a minor edge for Bizarro being the first floorless model and the added themeing but its such a minor edge that its ultimately a tie

Riddler vs. Green lantern - MM gets a slight edge here just like we did above but its so slight that ultimately its a tie

Tatsu vs. SUF - No contest MM takes the cake

And then the added B&M of Nitro just puts us clearly over the edge for the best

B&M blast is the appropriate theme for sure I mean we have every B&M model in our park now except a Dive Machine and the brand-new model opening next year at Gardaland.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:08 AM

I hear Scream is rougher than Bizarro too

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:45 AM

I've been to SFMM and heres how I compare them:

Gadv BTR<SFMM BTR: This thing blew gadv's out of the water, It was better themed and the desert type Gotham City around it was Bada$$.
S:UF<Tatsu: Do I really need to say anything? Tatsu' pretzel loop kicked my a$$. Superman's in just forceful. Being 170ft. right over concrete while laying down=Scary
GL<RR: Riddler's is well themed, amazing, and just a load of fun. It made my #8 spot. Also the Ecuador music is amazing
Bizarro>>>>Scream: Scream is as I said in my TR, is pointless, and in a parking lot, and rough. It was ok, but I'll take Bizarro anyday of the week
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#6 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:03 PM

Back to the "New Theme of [insert year]". Last year was the "Nitro Blast" with a "new theme". At least they say it's the celebration this year, not a topic igniter of possible re-themings, renovating, etc.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#7 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:30 AM

You know in the almost 10 years (as of Thanksgiving this year) that I have been apart of this site and the 19 years that I have been visiting the park I still have never done coaster celebration. I'd like if someone who has done it could ellaborate on what makes it a good event.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users