49 replies to this topic

#1 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

Recently Six Flags announced that they were terminating the licensing rights they have with the Wiggles, Thomas the Tank Engine, and Tony Hawk. SFFT just removed all the Wiggles theming on their rides. Guess that means GADV gonna get rid of Wiggles World. Let's hope the WW area becomes re-intergrated with Looney Tunes Seaport as it used to be.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#2 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:26 PM

They never "announced" anything...
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#3 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:34 PM

They never "announced" anything...

It's true that they never formally announced anything, but after saying that they would start debranding the parks, SFTT lost the Tony Hawk and Wiggles World theming, so I'd say there's a good chance that the same will happen to Gadv.

Posted Image

#4 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 10:35 PM

Six Flags - (11/15/10) With IAAPA kicking off today, some early scuttlebutt has been sent in regarding Six Flags. According to a few sources Six Flags will be terminating the licensed I.P. attraction themeing deals they had with Thomas the Tank Engine, The Wiggles and Tony Hawk. While it would be easy enough to remove the Tony Hawk themeing from the coasters, finding a way to rethemed the Wiggles World attractions may be a bit more challenging. As for Thomas… I feel bad for Six Flags America here because this seems to be where Six Flags finally got their act together and built a nice Thomas Town with a good number of rides and everything… all for just one summer it seems. The rest of the Thomas Towns featured minimal themeing at best, and it shouldn’t be too much of a problem to remove Thomas’ smiling face from the train engines. More on this as the story unfolds…

I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#5 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 20 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

We've been talking about it in the SF Parks 2011 thread. And thats just from Screamscape, not Six Flags. SF hasn't announced anything. There would be a press release on Six Flags site.

#6 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:23 PM

I really think we lucked out here. Lets be thankful we got TDK rather than the rumored Tony Hawk coaster! Lets be thankful we never got a thomas town....that will be the most awkward to retheme or get rid of completely. But for us all we have to do is worry about the wiggles and since we all know it used to be LTSP anyway lets hope SF is smart enough to just reconvert it back and not simply rename it to the pathetic names SFFT got......although I think thats merely temporary for SFFT during their holiday event. SF probably terminated the contract and can not use the licensing AT ALL now so they had to improvise at SFFT for their holiday event but will hopefully take care of it completely when SFFT officially goes into full off-season in January.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#7 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:45 PM

I don't think getting rid of the Thomas contract was smart at all. While the Wiggles are a bit washed-up, and no one cares enough about Tony Hawk to make him into a coaster except Six Flags, Thomas is still very popular among kids. All little kids (boys, at least) like trains ... it's a fact. Thomas represented that for them, and Thomas Town was a great (and cheap) way to meet one of the very popular characters among young kids, more popular I daresay for them than Bugs Bunny is.

I wish they could have kept Thomas, because I had always hoped Wiggles World and LTSP would be turned into a big Thomas Town, sort of an extension from Movietown. Sigh...
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#8 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:08 PM

Have you ever been to a Thomas Town at a park, other than SFA they were all dead zones.

#9 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 21 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Is thamos really still that popular among kids? Thomas was big when I was little and that was before BARNEY! That seriously is not a joke I was like the generation before Barney....I remember Barney being big when my sister was little (shes 2 years younger than me) but he definitly wasn't around when I was little.
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#10 Jason

Jason

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

I still love Thomas the Tank. It was the main reason I went to Six Flags America this past summer. I still have hundreds of Thomas the Tank toys...I just don't play with them...when my friends are over.

30k3uyq.jpg

@spikedudej    #TeamMissPanda

#11 bspellx5

bspellx5

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

Have you ever been to a Thomas Town at a park, other than SFA they were all dead zones.

The problem with the other Thomas Town is that all of them are in terrible locations. SFNE's is literally next to the entrance, as soon as you walk through the metal detectors you have passed it. Same goes for the ones in California, they are totally hidden.

#12 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

The one at SFOG is supposedly horrible too. I remember reading that one doesn't even have any rides, just some play areas.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#13 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:20 PM

Well the enthusiasts at SFA will be pissed that they are being downgraded once again. Haha

sig_kaiser.png

#14 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 05:26 PM

^They're complaining about how Thomas Town's the best themed area in the park. I feel bad for them haha.

#15 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 23 November 2010 - 07:45 AM

Thomas Town SFOG was alright. The first one I've been to: SFNE is just so easy to pass. I am disappointed if this is all true because I was looking forward to the SFA one.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users