38 replies to this topic

#1 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 10:08 PM

So would you prefer a new B&M, Intamin, or other in the next years or so?

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#2 BiZaRpErMan

BiZaRpErMan

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:14 PM

I honestly say another Intamin.

Posted Image

#3 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 03:49 PM

I've been pondering this question for a while and here is my take on it. I think there are a few manufacturers capable of making a coaster for Gadv:
-B&M
-Intamin
-Mack
-S&S
-GCI
-Gerstlauer

B&M: Their quality is always a plus, they have an okay variety of products and they have some things gadv doesn't have(Dive Machine, X-raptor). They seem to be doing the same things over and over again(2 corkscrews after MCBR) and Gadv already holds the record for most of these in a park. I don't see anything in their portfolio that wouldn't be a repeat of something we have, something redundant, or something that can't be made by another company. For these reasons, I don't see one coming to Gadv, although another quality, smooth, capacity machine wouldn't hurt the park's collection and would be a small plus. I would rather see a company that pushes the envelope do Gadv's next coaster. A Dive Machine would keep making the gap between Gadv's and CP's coaster collection closer, although I still thing CP would win.
Best Case Scenario: Dive Machine- Old Country

Intamin: This company pushes the envelope all the time, and their designs are never repetitive. They can be customized to do anything imaginable. They have a wide variety of products from kiddie coasters to the biggest thrills on the planet. Gadv could use a lot of products from Intamin such as a giga, multi inveersion coaster, etc. They are creative, and gadv would benefit ALOT from a unique, thrilling coaster that drives up attendance numbers. The best coaster they make is a giga and if Gadv could get a hold of one, attendance would skyrocket. BUT, these coasters cost a pretty penny, and maybe that money could be used to help the park with flats, themeing, ride rehabs, etc. and another coaster isn't needed, flats are
Best Case Scenario:Giga- Anywhere in the park

Mack: gadv could use a few types of coasters from here. Some that come to mid are Water coaster E-motion, Spinning, and maybe a Launch, depending on themeing and such. They offer a good variety of rides, and can be fun for a wide variety of ages. Though, their rides aren't as aggressive and thrilling as B&M and Intamin, which is a big downer.
Best case scenarios: Mack launch-Old Country or Water coaster/ Supersplash- Lakefront

S&S: There's only one ride type from here that would be good for Gadv. Thats the 4D coaster they make. Having been on X2, I can honestly say it blew El Toro, Nitro, Bizarro@SFNE and any other coaster I've had the honor of riding, right out of the water. The audio was creepy and had me scared, and facing straight down during the drop was INSANE. It might be unreliable, and the capacity may suck, but there are ways of fixing that Adding a second station and a third or fourth train would help and make it a worth-while addition. Theme it well, and you have an enthusiast and GP magnet
Best case Scenario:4D in Old Country

GCI: Theres a few reason why they would be good. They are a decent height and appeal to a wide range of audience. It would be a good compliment to the other woodies we have, and would fufill a need for a smaller, but thrilling coaster. The downside to this is that it would be compared to El Toro and if it didn't do something different(maybe have it well themed and use fire and other effects) it would be a disaster.
Best case Scenario:Old Country/ MovieTown or by Skull Mountain

Gerstlauer: Good variety of products including Eurofighters and spinners. The offerings may not be as aggressive as Intamin or B&M, but they are unique. Gadv could really use a Eurofighter somewhere to help round of the collection with a beyond verticle drop. It would be Gadv's first and only help our collection.
Best Case Scenario:Eurofighter somewhere
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#4 ck495

ck495

didn't your dad ever teach you

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 04:17 PM

Intamin- Because I do not like B&M at all. I am sick of them because all of there ride are the same. Like Chang is a stand up version of Bizarro.
Arms down head back hold on

#5 rccrazy23

rccrazy23

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:49 PM

I personally would love to have another Premier ride. The park has never been the same without Chiller to me and Premier has really improved their reliability since 1997. Even a small coaster like Backlot I found very impressive.

#6 SouthCentralLosEric

SouthCentralLosEric

Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 05 December 2010 - 09:56 PM

^Could you imagine a hybrid of Chiller's thrill and let's say, the Mummy's theming? Awesomeness. I'd go Premier all the way if that were the case.
"Now ask yourself this question, um...would you be with Jay-Z if he wasn't CEO, would you be with F-A-B-O if he drove a Geo, would you ride with me if we was in a neo"...

-The illustrious Kanye West

#7 rccrazy23

rccrazy23

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,135 posts

Posted 06 December 2010 - 08:13 PM

Exactly! The company has shown they can design a great ride around intricate theming.

#8 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:40 PM

I would also like to see if John Fitzgerald could look into picking up the Time Machine from Freestlye Music Park. It would improve our B&M collection and cost less than purchasing a custom-made.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#9 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 02:50 PM

Thats basically the same thing as Green Lantern and Bizarro except you'll actually be sitting down.

#10 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

aka: Bizarro with a floor
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#11 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:12 PM

That would be a pointless coaster addition. If anything, Mr. Fitzgerald should look into picking up Round About/Maximum RPM. Perfect family/thrill coaster for everyone to enjoy. It could go in Movietown with a cop chase theme.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#12 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

That would be a great idea, but remember, it is a prototype.

#13 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:18 PM

That would honestly be amazing for Movietown. But didn't it have a ton of problems at HRP?

#14 JBE

JBE

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

In the next years I'd prefer no coasters. Perhaps I should just move on from the topic since there's nothing wrong with wishful thinking about future coasters, but we all know full well that more coasters isn't what the park needs. Yet even non-enthusiasts are so locked into the idea that a "major addition" or park upgrade is another coaster. I want to see GAdv turn into a real theme park, not just a coaster mecca. It needs the flats, it needs to again fill the seats in the stunt arena and lakefront (and now, perhaps, Temple of the Tiger), it needs maybe a good dark ride or two, and other general improvements. That would be enough for quite a few years before another coaster. I know someone will say that this more appropriately belongs in the "if I ran the park" thread or the like, but it's my feelings on what future coasters I'd like to see at GAdv: in the foreseeable future, no coasters. Some years down the road when the park's other pressing needs are taken care of, the options of coasters on the new and cutting edge may be different. So I'm inclined to wait at least a few years before making a wish list as far as coasters go.

#15 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

I think the Intamins are trashy. I'm not a fan of Maverick - removed inline before it opened, the problems with Intimidator 305 with the adding of new trims and restraints before coming down to reprofiling the first turn on the coaster this offseason. Top Thrill Dragster popped a cable like Kingda Ka had and they're a real hassle to run. The Impulse coasters and Xcelerator had to get additional supports. Fahrenheit vibrated quite a bit and rattled by back. I don't like all this post installation engineering work on Intamins. I was fortunate to get Intimidator 305 last early May before any of the crazy changes. I'm fine where I'm at with Great Adventure. I'll take another wooden coaster - that's it. 4th Dimension had its time.

I want at least one pre-teen, teen intense flat and a freefall tower. I have mixed feelings about wanting another water ride.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users