38 replies to this topic

#16 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:49 AM

I prefer a Mondial...Mondial Top Scan that is.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#17 BiZaRrOSFNE

BiZaRrOSFNE

The Dark Knight

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 09:29 AM

I'd definitely wanna see another B&M, but only because I wanna see a dive machine that's closer to the New England area. Otherwise, I think GADV should get an Intamin coaster.

Six Flags Great Adventure 2011: 4
SRoS/Bizarro (SFNE): 1315
Posted Image

#18 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

If our next coaster is Intamin, which it should be then Gadv will have an intimidating coaster selection, 5 B&M's, 4 Intamins. Also Intamin's constantly rank high in coaster polls because of there intense rides.
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#19 cole

cole

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:24 AM

Flats are what you guys need. You dont need a coaster for the next 5 years. And when you do get another it should be a small GCI or Gerslaughter. Some of you are talking Dive Machines and Gigas??? Get real.
RIP Iron Wolf - 1990-2011 - B&M's First Masterpiece

-Cole

#20 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 12:07 PM

Seems like the S>F>Great America fan seems pretty fired up with his post ^^^^^^^^

Yeah Great Adventure needs flats, but coasters is what makes Great Adventure GREAT! Years ago when GADV had Ka, im sure everyone, from park employee to the people themselves knew GADV wouldnt be the same. You wanna advertise positive BIG change, you need something BIG or just as different as Kingda Ka to show people what a big change is.
I somehow dont for-see a flat or two to amaze the Country's HIGHEST POPULATED AREA!
Do the math, tired of other fan boys crying out tears they should have whipped before they get on the ride, if u catch my drift. A Initamin Giga would simply put this park in another level that GOES BIG. Another level that simply puts GADV's surrounding competition uncomparable. You think GADV would reach 3 million with a claw flat ride or a windseeker if that? No, or otherwise most of use would end up like the six flags great american fan boys or the new england boy complaining about 10 coasters in one park? Really? New England got no competition , new englands smaller then Dorney park and they both offer the same experience except Dorney is bigger but New England has more coasters! So really, all in all, GIGA like i said, would simply put GADV at 3 million, easily. Then GADV can boast number one woodie and number one steel, ha, fan boys dream. But it would put GADV in the same level as Cedar Point, then the flats will eventually make GADV better. Just dont build another major coaster 3 or 4 years from now : 0 p

#21 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:17 PM

It is really hard for Great Adventure to please everyone.

A lot of people want to see more flats, but that is only the people that notice the lack of flats.
A lot of people want them to build giga or huge looping coasters coasters every year, but thats mostly the general public that only comes to the park to scream and curse on coasters.

Another group of people want more family rides, but then the people above are mad when they find out that nothing huge is being added.

Whatever Great Adventure does, some people are mad and upset about it, and some people love it.

sig_kaiser.png

#22 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:49 PM

Seems like the S>F>Great America fan seems pretty fired up with his post ^^^^^^^^

no, maybe he's just using logic

Yeah Great Adventure needs flats, but coasters is what makes Great Adventure GREAT! Years ago when GADV had Ka, im sure everyone, from park employee to the people themselves knew GADV wouldnt be the same. You wanna advertise positive BIG change, you need something BIG or just as different as Kingda Ka to show people what a big change is.
I somehow dont for-see a flat or two to amaze the Country's HIGHEST POPULATED AREA!

Why does EVERY addition Gadv make need to "amaze" everyone? Why can't the park just add a nice 5 flat package? It sure would amaze me!

Do the math, tired of other fan boys crying out tears they should have whipped before they get on the ride, if u catch my drift. A Initamin Giga would simply put this park in another level that GOES BIG. Another level that simply puts GADV's surrounding competition uncomparable. You think GADV would reach 3 million with a claw flat ride or a windseeker if that?

you should see the wonders a nice, large drop tower or huge starflyer can do for a park skyline and attendance, if marketed right.

No, or otherwise most of use would end up like the six flags great american fan boys or the new england boy complaining about 10 coasters in one park? Really? New England got no competition , new englands smaller then Dorney park and they both offer the same experience except Dorney is bigger but New England has more coasters! So really, all in all, GIGA like i said, would simply put GADV at 3 million, easily. Then GADV can boast number one woodie and number one steel, ha, fan boys dream. But it would put GADV in the same level as Cedar Point, then the flats will eventually make GADV better. Just dont build another major coaster 3 or 4 years from now : 0 p

In no way shape or form would a giga put us up there with CP. section makeovers, flats, the return of old country, ride rehabs, water rides, dark rides, theming, shows and then 1-2 coasters would put us up there. But not now, a few years down the road.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#23 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 05:21 PM

Intamin made some lemons in Maverick and Intimidator 305 that needed re-engineering, layout changes. Hershey is lucky that Storm Runner and Fahrenheit turned out ok. If Hershey is getting one I hope that turns out alright too. We'll see if the Skyride at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay still operates fine with Cheetah Hunt crossing very close over it. I'd rather stay away from Intamin.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#24 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 28 March 2011 - 02:56 PM

We've got plenty of B&M's....the only beemer I want is a 4D beemer I promise you its comming, its been in the works for about 8 years but it is coming its just that B&M are such perfectionists that they need to address every single problem before they release it....thats why their record is so great but also why development of new models take awhile and when your dealing with the complexity that a 4D has its going to take them quite awhile to perfect it....but when they do come out with it I promise you it will be perfect! Where as Intamin takes the approach of building and then working out all the kinks; practically every new model they have ever come out with needed some kind of alteration!

That all said though again we have enough B&M although I make a big exception for a B&M 4D! But other than a B&M 4D I want:

Intamin beyond vertical
GCI wooden racer
Intamin Giga
Gravity Group woodie
Intamin aquatrax....we need another water-ride and why not make it a watercoaster...of coarse the perfect location for the water ride is the boardwalk cause it would space the water rides out perfectly in the park with log flume at the east end and congo at the west with this in the middle. Which right next to GL and SUF Idk what it could possibly be themed to *COUGH* aquaman *COUGH* but I'm sure they'll think of something :P
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#25 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:33 AM

Actually, I'd love to see a Gravity Group woodie. Maybe have it take up the space around the log flume where it can dip through the forest and everything.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#26 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:22 PM

Originally that was where I expected the eventual coaster that became El Toro to go.

#27 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:58 PM

Actually, I'd love to see a Gravity Group woodie. Maybe have it take up the space around the log flume where it can dip through the forest and everything.

^ That sounds like an amazing idea! I am all for that :thumbsup2:

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#28 Airkilla09

Airkilla09

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 08:49 PM

I want a 90 degree drop coaster, either intamin or bm is fine

#29 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 25 May 2011 - 09:11 PM

B&M, then Mack, then Intamin is my preference.

#30 drmtildie

drmtildie

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:54 PM

1st choice: Beyond vertical coaster would be awesome, a lot of parks are getting them and i think we deserve one. so either Intamin or a eurofighter...speaking of which, how do those types of beyond verticals compare? Ive never been on either... feel free to let me know

2nd choice: Another woodie would be cool, but it would definitely be compared to El Toro. So it should be a special woodie, i say a racer!

Giga would be saaaa-weet, but i feel like Nitro already kinda takes up that general catagory.

Oh, and we have enough B&Ms. the reliability and capacity is nice and all but our park has enough of the same coaster.

BUT we dont need ANY of these til we get more flats and better scenery. AFTER THAT we can talk coasters, in which case i say Intamin as long as they get their s*** together and dont screw up like maverick or intimidator.
It means Drum Til I Die, not Dr. Mtildie.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users