Photo
- - - - -

Terrible News Coaster Wrapped Ads To Stay!

133 replies to this topic

#91 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 02:53 PM

Yeah... Right. Maybe you just didn't notice them?

Posted Image

Photo Cred - SFA Fans.
http://www.sfafans.c...read.php?t=6336

And Christian is right, we are just beating a dead horse. Let it go dude. There are two drastic opinions on them, no one is ever going to change their opinion. They make SF butt loads of cash, yet they look like sh!t. This should just be the end of this discussion. JJ know he's never going to change his opinion, neither will I, neither will you. Let's tie it to a ad wrapped ballon, and let it go. ;)

#92 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:37 PM

Yeah... Right. Maybe you just didn't notice them?

Posted Image

Photo Cred - SFA Fans.
http://www.sfafans.c...read.php?t=6336

And Christian is right, we are just beating a dead horse. Let it go dude. There are two drastic opinions on them, no one is ever going to change their opinion. They make SF butt loads of cash, yet they look like sh!t. This should just be the end of this discussion. JJ know he's never going to change his opinion, neither will I, neither will you. Let's tie it to a ad wrapped ballon, and let it go. ;)

That train must not have been on...we did not notice that lol On the bright side it does look the best out of the trains I have seen haha

#93 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:10 PM

Sorry if somebody already said this, but did M&Ms really sponsor the Skyway? It seems like they did, but... Nothing in the park or on the maps says that, and if so, that's a bad sponsorship where the only ad is coloring the cars. Anyways, it irks me how we have our two biggest rides wrapped, while most parks have it on a boomerang or something more minor.

#94 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:14 PM

I thought they did but after looking at the park guide I'm not so sure. Rolling Thunder has the M&M's logo next to it since they sponsor that ride and all the other sponsored rides have the sponsor's logo next to it but the Skyway doesn't have any company logo next to it.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#95 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:17 AM

The ad may up ending up being in patron's photos too.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#96 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:29 PM

The fort now has Polly-O signs all over, and RMT has a Polly-O wrap
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#97 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:41 PM

The fort now has Polly-O signs all over

Now that just sounds terrible.

#98 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:52 PM

That's it.

The Fort's a park icon.

I dealt with the park slathering Kingda Ka's station with Karate Kid and hair gel ads. I dealt with El Toro's theme being messed up by Stride Flavor Changing Gum. But this is different. This is completely different. The Fort has been at the park since it first opened. The Fort represented that sense of spectacle that the park founders thought a theme park should have. And now its covered in ads for String Cheese -- not even REAL cheese!?

This is where I draw the line. For the first time ever, I will admit that I am embarrassed by the shamelessness of this establishment. Have they no class? Clearly not.

Here's hoping that the ads are no longer needed VERY SOON.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#99 SoulessCorpse

SoulessCorpse

Nitro

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:34 AM

That's it.

The Fort's a park icon.

I dealt with the park slathering Kingda Ka's station with Karate Kid and hair gel ads. I dealt with El Toro's theme being messed up by Stride Flavor Changing Gum. But this is different. This is completely different. The Fort has been at the park since it first opened. The Fort represented that sense of spectacle that the park founders thought a theme park should have. And now its covered in ads for String Cheese -- not even REAL cheese!?

This is where I draw the line. For the first time ever, I will admit that I am embarrassed by the shamelessness of this establishment. Have they no class? Clearly not.

Here's hoping that the ads are no longer needed VERY SOON.

AMEN

#100 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 01:20 PM

The fort now has Polly-O signs all over, and RMT has a Polly-O wrap

The Fort?

Yup. This is Six Flags. Ads for string cheese on the signature building in the Western "themed" area.

Posted Image

#101 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:51 PM

I agree with everyone else, this is the worst of the ads. Ruining the fort and the parks original coaster with ads is horrible. It would still be bad if it was ads for food that fit the theme like like steak sauce but string cheese is even worse. I'm not looking forward to seeing it on Friday. That's always been what I hated about the ads, how it ruins the theme of the ride and based on the pictures of the ads at SFNE for the String Cheese, bright blue ads on the Fort is really going to stand out and be a major eyesore.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#102 andrelaplume

andrelaplume

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:05 AM

I agree with everyone else, this is the worst of the ads. Ruining the fort and the parks original coaster with ads is horrible. It would still be bad if it was ads for food that fit the theme like like steak sauce but string cheese is even worse. I'm not looking forward to seeing it on Friday. That's always been what I hated about the ads, how it ruins the theme of the ride and based on the pictures of the ads at SFNE for the String Cheese, bright blue ads on the Fort is really going to stand out and be a major eyesore.

I say they should make a moving scene out of it by putting a slightly changed pic on every car so when the coaster flies by it looks like a cartoon playing....

#103 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:46 PM

^meh its a good concept but it wouldnt work...that only works if you only see one scene at a time....on a coaster train when each car is always visible and therefore each scene would always be visible it just wouldnt work
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#104 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:33 PM

I like the cheese, but really? A western section of a park is supposed to be old-timey. I love Polly-O though, :P.

#105 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:20 PM

I wish Six Flags could just stick to having signs for sponsors like they used to.

This makes me sick to my stomach for two reasons -- one, I hate seeing the park covered in ads, and two, cheese sticks make me sick...
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users