Intamin Multi-Launch

9 replies to this topic

#1 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:16 PM

So I was just viewing the POV for cheetah hunt which you can find here and wow does that thing look sick! I can tell just by knowing how Maverick and the intamin strata's, giga's and hypers sensations feel; that this thing is packing some great sensations! It got me thinking where in gadv could this work? This is not a single section coaster you need this thing to cover a lot of land and I thought a lot about it going out into the forests which just seemed boring half the fun of this ride looks to be the surroundings and whiping in and around buildings, pathways, trenches and creeks. And then it suddenly dawned on me put the station in the GK like in between ka's line and rolling thunder...up more than your thinking....or even inside Rolling thunders layout the upper part of the loop of the rough figure 8 (the one ET isn't in) and have it shoot out and in and around the SAFARI! That should work pretty darn easily and would be one great ride and fit the Golden Kingdom theme spectacularly!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#2 robertleax

robertleax

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:53 PM

I love Maverick and I would love to have this kind of ride at Gadv. But instead of mixing it in at GK, Put it near where chiller was and have it "FLY" by the (Future plan) "NEW STUNT SHOW ARENA" and zip through that side of the park mixing in with Nitro (have it weaving in and out below Nitro with maybe an acceleration point to go over Nitro a few times). That area would be easy to add footers and nothing else is there. That will add a "grounded" coaster to the side of a park that needs so much improvement. Tie it in with a stunt show (imagine watching a show with a theme tied into the coaster flying by in the background) and a few flat rides in the same area and the entire movie town area could "reappear"....

Six Flags can tie in the two coasters together (ie: El Toro an Rolling Thunder) and not worry about taking away anything else for us. There is alot of room under and around Nitro and I don't think it would be hard to even tie in a coaster to "compete" with Nitro.

Think about it...one coaster goes "up and down" while the 2nd coaster accelerates and "whips left and right"
rjl

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:13 PM

I agree the other side of the park needs acoaster....but I just think the multilunch through the woods wouldn't be as fun as through the safari
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#4 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:24 PM

Hm.. Maybe we can call it.. Bengal Pursuit. #LOLJK

sig_kaiser.png

#5 robertleax

robertleax

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:28 PM

I know what your saying but I would be worried about the noise the coaster would cause through the safari. Plus the atmophere of families driving through the safari without coasters flying through it (KK is bad enough).

But an Intamin coaster going through a B&M coaster (and in and out of the wooods) would be (I believe) a unique experience.

I belive both ideas have great potential.
rjl

#6 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 27 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

I hate the neck chopping on Maverick. Intimidator 305 was just a bit better. I don't like the turnaround on Cheetah Hunt. It should be traveling at a higher speed there. It's almost a MCBR. I like the Blue Fire coaster in Germany by Mack. I'll take one of those.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#7 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:01 PM

^Completely agreed. They can be well themed to anything. While I haven't ridden it yet(but will next year!), the trains are apparently really confortable, the ride is smooth and the launch is pretty awesome. Old Country needs something. Its on the other side of the park from Ka. But the park needs flats and to fill those empty spots. I wouldn't want any coaster until the flats situation is solved, and I don't mean 2 flats, I mean about 7-10 flats. I really have faith that this new management will pull-through, and they haven't given me a reason to doubt, so we'll see.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#8 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

I hate the neck chopping on Maverick.

I dunno... I enjoyed it. It gave you a huge out-of-control feeling. Especially at 1:10. That turn was probably my favorite part of Maverick besides the drop.
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbyB9N4mvq4"]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YbyB9N4mvq4[/url]

Posted Image

#9 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:36 AM

Cheetah Hunt does look good with the exception of that turnaround in that it surprises me it's still going by the third launch. That hill after the third launch looks pretty good. The one transition hill could be taken at a higher rate of speed. Now I give major props to the fact Cheetah Hunt could pull off its inline twist. Maverick had to ditch their's. I'm not liking the fact the BGT Skyride could be messed up as they shortened the tower underneath the ride. We've seen Intamin engineering screw up before with 305, Maverick, and all those supports add ons to their impulses. It shouldn't be about redesigning elements on a finished project.

On Maverick the element at 1:10 is a secondary element. The twist at what would have been 1:03 should have been there to take the cake in the 2nd half. The airtime hill was the most solid moment for me on Maverick.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#10 drmtildie

drmtildie

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:04 PM

I think it would be awesome to have a roller coaster like that at great adventure. I feel like great adventure has so many different types of roller coasters now, and one that is very low to the ground and scenic (like cheetah hunt and maverick) could be the kind that sets itself from the rest in the park. plus we have some great woods past nitro (and space through nitro, like robertleax said) to make this happen. I dont think the park needs to add any coasters for a bit, because flats and general scenery are what really needs some attention right now. But down the line if we were to get a roller coaster, I would hope for a grounded one like this.
It means Drum Til I Die, not Dr. Mtildie.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users