Where Is Kieran Burke Now?

9 replies to this topic

#1 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:28 PM

Kieran Burke was the CEO of premier larks from '89 - '05 which owned six flags from '98 - '05. Last I heard I thought he was involved with Ed Hart trying to get the city of Louisville to reopen Kentucky Kingdom. But I don't see his name associated with that project anymore...I'm wondering if anyone knows where hes at?
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#2 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:54 PM

He recently picked up a couple parks along with Gary Story. He is back at Frontierland.

#3 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

ah gracias sir!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#4 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:18 PM

I wish he was in charge of Six Flags again or at least in charge of just Great Adventure. If he had still been in control, who knows what awesome rides he would have given the park and he probably wouldn't have removed all the rides that were removed after Red Zone took over.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#5 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:41 PM

^I KNOW! Thats why I'm looking for him....I'm glad he's still in the amusement park industry. I want to try to get a phone interview with him. I'll try to go through Frontier City's PR. I'll probably have to say I want to ask questions about Frontier City until I finally get him on the phone and see if he'll answer questions about what his plans were for SF and specifically gadv before he was forced out. I'm really interested to hear what the scope of his future plans were I know up til the hotel in '07 but I really wonder what he had imagined in his head the final project of gadv being. I hope I can get it setup :)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#6 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:47 PM

That would be great but at the same time, it would be sad to know what we were supposed to get and what we actually got. Probably at least 2 major coasters since they seemed to be adding a major coaster every 2 years before he was in charge and when he was in charge, Batman in 1993, Viper in 1995, Chiller in 1997, Medusa in 1999, Nitro in 2001, Superman in 2003, Kingda Ka in 2005, El Toro in 2006 so by 2008 we probably would have had a major coaster and then last year gotten another.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#7 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

Ah its Frontier City. I knew I didn't have the right name. He's also at a couple water parks. I don't think he actually owns Frontier City, CNL still owns it, he's just managing it. I know for a fact they (him and Gary Story bought a park in Tennessee and Virginia Beach.

#8 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:03 PM

^ I'm pretty sure the amusement park in virginia beach was torn down....I'm 90% sure I read that on screamscape within the last week or so.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#9 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 10:31 PM

Not an amusement park. They own more water parks now than amusement parks. It's called Ocean Breeze. They also own Nashville Shores.

In the meantime, former Six Flags executives Kieran Burke and Gary Story are attempting to turn over a new leaf of their own at Nashville Shores. Burke and Story are part of a group that purchased the Tennessee water park last month, and a multimillion dollar expansion project is already in the works. A 25,000-square-foot wave pool and a 1000-foot lazy river will make their debut in 2010. Both were designed by Aquatic Development Group, of Dollywood's Splash Country fame.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2009/12/weekly-rewind-12509.html

Kieran Burke and Gary Story will once again be operating Frontier City and Whitewater Bay starting this season. They previously formed Premier Parks after acquiring both properties in the early '90s. As we all well know, Premier Parks grew and eventually purchased and created branded Six Flags parks across the globe.

http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-management-announced-for-former.html

And I know for a fact they own Ocean Breeze. They just picked it up this year. But they've been adding multimillion expansions to these parks since they got them. I'm mostly talking about Ocean Breeze and Nashville Shores. This is what OB got this year.

http://newsplusnotes...ean-breeze.html

#10 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

Haha see I like his style of making money....he gets that in order to make money you need to spend money...the more you spend the more you'll make. Thats something redzone never understood it was always cut, cut, cut with them! That being said his approach was probably too vast when it came to approaching ALL of the SF parks that way which is why he later revised his efforts to centralize just the main parks getting the huge expansions (gadv leading the way). It probably would have worked much better...unfortunately we will never know for sure.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users