10 replies to this topic

#1 Skydiver

Skydiver

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

Do you think it's possible a Gerstlauer Suspended Polyp can fit inside the old simulator building?

#2 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hmmmm. Interesting idea. And then you could add strobes, a soundtrack, and other lights and have a crazy experience. That could go well with the superhero theming if that's the angle Six Flags is taking with the upper Boardwalk area.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#3 coasterman96

coasterman96

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

I doubt they will add anything to the simulator building anytime soon. i was in there for the green lantern behind the scenes tour earlier this year and it was completely empty! Everything was ripped out of it and they are just using it as a storage facility now. I like the idea but I doubt anything will be happening in there anytime soon.

#4 CaptainJack

CaptainJack

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:57 PM

Maybe it'll actually be a fairly convenient place for a flat. The queue is already in place, all the electrical utilities are laid out, there's more than enough room. Even a foundation is poured. Honestly, I'd rather see a new simulator go into the building, but a new flat in there is a big possibility.

#5 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

Question for those that saw the inside were the concrete archways ripped out? when you entered the preshow you walked up stairs for 6 rows of huge concrete archways than once inside the chairs were on those archways....are those gone?
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#6 Skydiver

Skydiver

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

I doubt they will add anything to the simulator building anytime soon. i was in there for the green lantern behind the scenes tour earlier this year and it was completely empty! Everything was ripped out of it and they are just using it as a storage facility now. I like the idea but I doubt anything will be happening in there anytime soon.

If the old simulator building was ever to be removed and lets say the go carts & dare devil dive were perhaps relocated elsewhere, do you think there may just be enough space for a decent size GCI woodie to be put in there?

#7 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 01:08 PM

^It would probably have to be either very compact or an out-and-back style. The idea would be cool, plus the simulator building could be a sick spot for a queue/pre-show/station. It's a tough spot, especially trying to find a good spot for both up-charge rides to be moved to. Personally, with the lack of flats, I'd rather have a good flat replace the simulator building rather than lose two up-charge flats to make way for a GCI we do not necessarily need.
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#8 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:58 AM

Remember we had Shockwave there that came from SFMM. Shockwave's spot at SFMM was home to Pscyclone, Deja Vu, and Apocalypse after we got it and passed it to SFAW to be their Batman: The Escape.

That simulator building would not look good for a wooden coaster station. I didn't like the "movie set" stations for either Hurler at KD and Carowinds.

I want that airplane flat Zamperla has at Luna Park.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#9 Skydiver

Skydiver

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

It probably would be a little too cramped in there due to space limitations now that I think of it. I just don't know where else in boardwalk they could actually put in a woodie. All the space is pretty much used up. We absolutely do need more flats, without a doubt.

#10 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:14 PM

Honestly, if it was all cleared, you could easily fit a GCI there. Especially something like American Thunder.DDD has a large footprint, as does the sim theater, and when you combine them, it's enough for a smaller coaster like that.
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#11 Skydiver

Skydiver

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

There's also that small jug handle in the parking lot next to the go karts, just on the other side of the fence. It doesn't appear to be used all that much anymore so perhaps it too can be utilized. It would definetly allow for additional space if needed. As a side note, Taz's Dare Devil Dive (sky coaster) at Six Flags New England is definitely leaving. I'm beginning to wonder if this could perhaps be the start of a trend.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users