Photo

The Chiller Observatory Back In The Park?

37 replies to this topic

#31 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:24 PM

I always thought a coaster like Backlot Stunt Coaster would be a perfect fit in that area.

#32 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:33 PM

^ That would be nice but we all know SF wouldn't be able to maintain any themeing elements lol
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#33 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 09:21 PM

I wish The Dark Knight Coaster had been more like Backlot Stunt Coaster; meaning outdoors, and an actually somewhat thrilling coaster. Sigh....
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#34 YankeesAnt

YankeesAnt

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:20 PM

I personally thought they should have just left it the way it was minus the ramp going through it, and then made it a semi- enclosed eating area.

Thats what I thought too, a nice indoor two story eating area with large windows and maybe even some exhibits about the park's history.

With a double decker carousel! LOL JK... Maybe?

The launch would still go through the observatory and all they would really have to do is have an opening in the back of the station for the train to return.

Well that's actually already done, there are two openings in the back of the station already for where the trains went to the storage tracks, many people didn't notice though because of the metal doors in the back. I love that idea though, granted I don't think it'd ever happen, but another launch coaster in that location would be a nice addition considering we only have one launching coaster left.

It is very possible...
SHORE & COASTERS

#35 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:36 PM

^ That would be nice but we all know SF wouldn't be able to maintain any themeing elements lol

Yeah if TDK is any indication of how they maintain current themeing. The screen in the loading room with the clown masks seems to be broken half the time, one of the hologram billboards in the ride has been broken since last season, now the other one is broken too. I have only seen the bat signal work twice this season and someone posted in a trip report that the clown subway car at the end of the ride wasn't working (it was working last week so maybe it was fixed).

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#36 Beethoven

Beethoven

Skull Mountain

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

I'd say Bizzaro's themeing went down the tubes the fastest. The last times I've gone the audio has been off, the Auger spikey thing is not on half the time, on top of that it was straight up missing for part of the season as well. And the mist effect and LED lights on the drop is hit or miss too
What've we become? I've learned the text not so clear to some...

#37 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:01 PM

I forgot about Bizarro (which is kind of a surprise to me that I forgot it since I have criticized Red Zone a lot for wasting money on it over the past couple of years). Between the transformation of Medusa to Bizarro and money spent on TDK (I remember reading around half of the $7.5 million was on themeing and the building) they spent I think over 4 million total. I would have rather seen a regular wild mouse added and the rest of the money spent on new flats. I know that would have been unlikely though since Red Zone seemed to only want to remove rides more then add anything.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#38 jayjay

jayjay

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:55 AM

Yeah if TDK is any indication of how they maintain current themeing. The screen in the loading room with the clown masks seems to be broken half the time, one of the hologram billboards in the ride has been broken since last season, now the other one is broken too. I have only seen the bat signal work twice this season and someone posted in a trip report that the clown subway car at the end of the ride wasn't working (it was working last week so maybe it was fixed).

This was my idea for TDK I always thought it should be an indoor complete darkness coaster that shoots you underground into the bat cave

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users