580 replies to this topic

#1 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

We've been told what we're getting for next year. So, its time to start up the speculation for 2012.

I was on Great Adventure History when I saw this written by "GAcoaster":

And they know that--and now they actually have some money to spend. Hopefully next season is a big success and they can build on that. Expect a BIG 2012 for GA if all goes well for 2011.

What could 2012 bring?
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#2 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 01:58 PM

Hmmm....

I would hope another War on Lines - although the SFGAMWorld fanboys might kill us all if that happens....

Here's what I'd LIKE to see, since we don't really have much to go on:

A 3 Part Expansion To the Park:

1. A Classic Expansion - Classic rides that a theme park should never go without - but GADV has been neglected from having for so many years. (Chairswing, Scrambler, Antique Cars, things like this)

2. A Nostalgic Expansion - GADV taking advantage of its rich history to add rides that were taken out or never came to be. (A train ride encircling the park, with audio that explains the history of the park and certain ides as you pass them; Flying Wave; the addition of some historical plaques and pieces around the park; A Balloon Race themed to the GADV Hot Air Balloon; Great Character Cafe being renamed Yum Yum Palace; etc.)

3. Thrilling Family Expansion - Re-opening of Old Country with a marquis attraction, Jersey Devil - a GCI woodie that goes in the woods with medieval-gothic-type theming to go along with the area, plus new Bavarian-themed flats.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#3 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

I would really like to see this in 2012:
-Shoot-Em-Up dark ride in Movietown themed after Arkham Asylum
-RT refurb with retrackin, repainting, and one side backwards
-classic flats that don't come in 2011, chairswing, scrambler, etc.
-Old Country reopenning
-Large thrill flat:
-repainting of things around the park
skyway cars should be green, yellow, blue, orange, red, purple
rolling thunder should have red handrails
the supports for skyway should be blue at the bottome and gradually work its way to this color

Theres more painting things I can think of, but this is what I hope for in 2012

#4 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:11 PM

I would hope another War on Lines - although the SFGAMWorld fanboys might kill us all if that happens....

Don't forget SFGAMZone... they're the craziest.

I'd actually like to see a well themed, appropiatly marketed Vekoma Family Suspended over the lake. Along with a drop tower where the Koala kiddie area was, a Screamin' Swing over the lake, swings.

#5 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:09 PM

Uh yeah, I would like to see a Giga. Just kidding. Haha. :jumping0001:

But some flats would be nice, thats all. A drop tower definitely. Swings are needed. Flat rides that are park staples that GAdv is desperately missing.

I see the sim building reopening with something brand new in it. Whether it be a new ride or just anything.

#6 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:16 PM

Even though 2012 is a little far off to be thinking about new additions, I think with the money we saved going with a used coaster in 2011 AND the money Green Lantern is sure to bring in, 2012 will be a big year for Gadv. I'm thinking new custom coaster from Intamin. Maybe Gadv put that "eXtreme" one we were supposed to get on hold. ;)
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,186 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:57 PM

I see the sim building reopening with something brand new in it. Whether it be a new ride or just anything.

I'm not sure if it would fit but I'd like to see a Sally interactive dark ride in the building.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Even though 2012 is a little far off to be thinking about new additions, I think with the money we saved going with a used coaster in 2011 AND the money Green Lantern is sure to bring in, 2012 will be a big year for Gadv. I'm thinking new custom coaster from Intamin. Maybe Gadv put that "eXtreme" one we were supposed to get on hold. ;)

That is actually a scenario that could play out. From what I read while on the old forums(yes, there is a way to see the 2004-2008 topics), the Intamin deal was most likely a 1(Ka),2(toro), and a third later on. A giga would bring ALOT of guests to the park, but it could be a number of things that could be from Intamin. An LSM Blitz(Maverick) would be a great addition to the park and would all but complete the collection, if it wouldn't already. What about a Verticle lift, like Fahrenheit? I think it would complement the rest of the roller coaster collection. Or an Aquatrax? Great launching waterride.

There are a million different options

#9 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 02:51 PM

I believe and Aquatrax thats well incorporated into the lake, not just ontop of the lake but almost as if its in the lake, would be sick. It would help with our need for water rides as well.

#10 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:36 PM

I think the 2012 addition will be a drop tower. Apparently, John Fitzgerald is looking into one, and I think its too late for 2011 for a drop tower, but maybe 2012? I think it would be cool for them to go for a record. like a 350 ft. gyro drop, making it the largest of its kind.

Posted Image
Old Country? It would be a wise decision IMO, because not only do you also have the option to retheme/ redevlope/ add new theme elements, you also have a large ride that sticks out at the front of the park, and along with a cheap coaster, like a small GCI or a mack spinner or a few flats and you have another great section.

#11 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:39 PM

I believe and Aquatrax thats well incorporated into the lake, not just ontop of the lake but almost as if its in the lake, would be sick. It would help with our need for water rides as well.

I think a giga incorporated with the lake would be pretty sweet but thats just me. :confused0024: Who needs an Aquatrax when you can have 300 feet of fun.

#12 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 08:50 PM

Who needs 300 feet of fun, when you could have 311 feet of adreneline pumping, black out inducing, I305 destroying insanity :jumping0001:

#13 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 09:39 PM

Not going to lie, but a 300+ft drop tower would freak me out. I always freak out on the way up and my heart starts beating once we're at the very top, then once it's over realize how awesome it was.
Drop towers are one of the few rides that still scare me. That and old, run down carnival rides. But who doesn't get scared on them when they sound like they're about to fall apart?

Posted Image

#14 in4nolink

in4nolink

el force

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:18 PM

GIGA, that darn word again. Well that would be the awesomely sweet. When you think about it, Gadv would just only draw more people. Word of mouth through the general public would spread like wild fire and the park would probably be as bad it was in 05 when KA opened up. I also went to a behind the scenes exclusive with the park manager when Dorney opened Hydra that year and people are just talking about Kingda Ka. It truely spreads out as far as attention popping advertisement. I waited 3 1/2 hours for Ka that year when it first opened. People will never get tired of Nitro. GIGA isn't a launched experience so the adrenaline will still be there because it offers a cable lift experience very high. If Gadv does go GIGA, its doesnt need to be the longest.. But it should inquirer a simple word that will flow easily in the wind as AIR. Nitro perfected it. Gadv could make this top notch with records, steepness, drops and height. Mix that all with AIRTIME =equals= take that CEDAR POINT. Excuse me for being a fan boy but as a enthusiasts this is what makes me spend my hard working money to travel cross country, year after year, to be come back to that for that certain ride. Gadv is already mention in parks threw out the northeast every year. Gadv can top cedar point as a destination. A GIGA would just be flat out! :banana_love:

#15 PAPD37

PAPD37

Batman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:43 PM

2012 is too far away for me. But anyway I would like to see

1. A major flat package
2. A drop tower
Posted Image

In memory of the 37 Brave Men and Women of the Port Authority Police Dept of NY and NJ who gave there lives on 9-11. It is cause of you, in the darkest hour of our country, we saw the lightest hour. May god bless you. RIP PAPD37

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users