580 replies to this topic

#16 CoasterPrince

CoasterPrince

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

An Intamin drop tower sounds great for 2012 as it may be to soon to introduce a new coaster. It'll attract guest as well as get attention in the Northeast since there aren't any Intamin Drop towers over 200ft. Drop Towers are fun rides and I'm sure park patrons will love it. I know everyone on here will. If taller than 200ft, It'll be better than half the coasters at the park!
Posted Image
5 B&M Coasters! 1 Great Park!
Follow Me! Twitter.com/jhon2085

#17 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:16 PM

An Intamin drop tower sounds great for 2012 as it may be to soon to introduce a new coaster. It'll attract guest as well as get attention in the Northeast since there aren't any Intamin Drop towers over 200ft. Drop Towers are fun rides and I'm sure park patrons will love it. I know everyone on here will. If taller than 200ft, It'll be better than half the coasters at the park!

The closest Intamin Drop Tower is at SFA, and to the North... what? Like Canada's Wonderland or something. An Intamin model would be pretty unique in our area.

#18 SouthCentralLosEric

SouthCentralLosEric

Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:37 PM

Drop towers are cool and I prefer Intamin to S&S in that regard. If Intamin can come up with a new feature for them, so much the better.
"Now ask yourself this question, um...would you be with Jay-Z if he wasn't CEO, would you be with F-A-B-O if he drove a Geo, would you ride with me if we was in a neo"...

-The illustrious Kanye West

#19 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 04:48 PM

IMO, what would be cool is a face first drop, sort of like achrophobia's tilt, but a full 90* and then you drop.

Thats what I call insanity
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#20 SouthCentralLosEric

SouthCentralLosEric

Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 01:54 PM

I heard a rumor some time ago (though don't quote me on it) that S&S was flirting with the idea of a drop tower with 4D-like seats that would rotate on the drop (a la X). That would rock doing full rotations down a drop.
"Now ask yourself this question, um...would you be with Jay-Z if he wasn't CEO, would you be with F-A-B-O if he drove a Geo, would you ride with me if we was in a neo"...

#21 localGADV

localGADV

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 03:42 PM

And as you reach the bottom of the tower you're seat rolls out to face the pavement. Then you bounce back up looking at the ground for a 20feet then roll in doing a double spin when u finally reach the top again parallel to the tower.

#22 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 02:57 PM

It's September of 2010 and we are talking about 2012? I think this should have came a bit later, maybe when we get into the off-season....
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#23 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:15 PM

I gave him full permission to create this thread...

If however, it gets carried out of hand, I'll be forced to lock it.
Please keep it clean.

#24 DiveMachine

DiveMachine

El Diablo Loco

• Moderators
  • 2,110 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 09:41 PM

After cutting funatics, season pass parking good for at all parks, and other things, I think from a PR standpoint would be perfect is Gadv should do is do what BGE did for their announcement. Invite all Season Pass holders, then invite some media and coaster enthusiasts and have them announce the ride(s) and let those people ask questions about the addition(s), the future outlook of the park, etc. like the Online Day Q+A, but with more people and an announcement. It would show the passholders that they mean alot to the park and after passholders have felt betrayed(My Parents weren't too happy with them cutting Funatics)
DiveMachine- Moderator/G.O.A.T. at Gadv.com

#25 SouthCentralLosEric

SouthCentralLosEric

Dynamite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:11 AM

^Who would be happy with it? Cutting benefits for your season pass holders can't do anything but backfire on you. If there is one group any business should try to appease it's always yor regulars.

#26 Josh Davidson

Josh Davidson

GADV Master

• Owner/Operator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,493 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:50 AM

Not going to lie, but a 300+ft drop tower would freak me out. I always freak out on the way up and my heart starts beating once we're at the very top, then once it's over realize how awesome it was.
Drop towers are one of the few rides that still scare me. That and old, run down carnival rides. But who doesn't get scared on them when they sound like they're about to fall apart?

Sissy. :P

#27 CHILLERLC1

CHILLERLC1

El Toro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,825 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:05 AM

We only had Funatics for one year. Not a big loss as it was experimental or just not carried over with new management. For season parking who of you guys goes to at least 3 other SF parks? I don't think so.
Too cool for Kingda Ka train joke names - We grew up.
Candidate for Most Coaster Knowledge 2012 gadv.com
If I had a $1 for every cough and told you so-s here...

#28 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:54 AM

^ Two years.
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#29 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 12:55 PM

I'm just going to state that the Funatics program was plagued with problems from the start.
It never worked for me and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who encountered this issue...I also didn't have the patience to wait with GR so they could fix the problem.

#30 acq10uaz

acq10uaz

Superman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:25 PM

I'm just going to state that the Funatics program was plagued with problems from the start.
It never worked for me and I'm sure I wasn't the only one who encountered this issue...I also didn't have the patience to wait with GR so they could fix the problem.

Then rewards@sixflags.com or something like that could have been your best friend, guranteing you a spot in the system for the future for the next time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users