223 replies to this topic

#1 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

Since my original Complaint Topic disappeared, IT RETURNS!!!!!

For those new to the forums, basically this topic is to vent whatever annoys the living hell out of you.

You know what grinds my gears?

Having to see tons and tons of ads whenever I go to the movies. This usually happens at the bigger theater chains (i.e. AMC Loews), which makes it all the more annoying. I payed 8-10 dollars to see a movie, not the ads I could see for free in my living room!
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#2 SFNEKid13

SFNEKid13

Koaster Dan

• Site Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

Commercials on the radio!!!! The way they sound when the word has an s in it just pisses me off!!! Ecspecially McDonalds ones.

#1 Wooden- El Toro
#1 Steel- Bizarro

Dan_Nixon_Sig_Photo_zps7ea4d821.jpg

#3 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:21 PM

^1-877-Kars4Kids

#4 RollingToro95

RollingToro95

Batman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:53 PM

I hate it when TV channels show commercials during movies, especially channels like AMC that were made with the point of showing movies. TCM doesn't show commercials during its movies, it only shows them between. Why can't others do that?
Posted Image
*co-winner of Best Avatar, 2011

http://www.5dexterfilms.webs.com

http://www.youtube.com/scipiomask

#5 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:12 PM

^PBS often shows classics and they don't show commercials at all.

#6 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 08:41 PM

Commercials on the radio!!!! The way they sound when the word has an s in it just pisses me off!!! Ecspecially McDonalds ones.

Brad Benson :banghead: :wallbash:

#7 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 09:55 PM

People who don't know how to drive. There are so many lights near me that do not say no turn on red, yet people sit there waiting for the light to turn green with a clear intersection to make a right turn. Or when you are on the highway and it is a construction zone and goes to 40 mph so you slow down so you slow to 45 and everyone gets annoyed at you for not staying at 65 - 70 even though a lot of times when it goes to 40 mph, there is a cop nearby.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#8 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:30 PM

I hate news channels. They think they are important, but I can find out about news way before they even figure out how to turn on their cameras.
They also run the same stuff like every 5 minutes, so it's an extremely outdated method for distributing information.

Especially for stuff like this Hurricane. They talk about all the same stuff and make it seem so much worse than it actually is.

sig_kaiser.png

#9 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:45 PM

^News channels? More like "Biased, one minded opinion channels"

#10 palmer

palmer

Nitro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 11:07 PM

I hate....
Joe Buck's bias analyzing
News Radio repetition
Wannabe gangsters
Justin Bieber in general
People who drive under/at the speed limit in the last lane on the GSP
People who walk around with Beats Audios around their neck, pumping the newer, sucky Sammy Adams
People who dress exactly like Mac Miller (I don't. I just love his music because he is amazing and I know pretty much every song he's made)
B*tches, Sl*ts, etc
When people say the name of a roller coaster wrong. Ex: Kingda Ka---> King Kong--->Kingdom Kan--->KingKa
YMCMB minus Wayne Drake & Cory Gunz
High prices (which is pretty much everything except like 99 cent Arnold Palmer tall cans)
When people call you fat when they are about 3x your weight
palmerbanner2_zpsf9fb5348.jpg
I should probably warn you guys that I make long posts... 
2010 & 2014 Coaster Draft Champion

#11 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 02:13 AM

I cannot stand most drivers when it comes to their interaction with pedestrians. I almost got hit by a car the other day walking to the bus stop. Now as I'm sure many of you know, when there is no traffic light at an intersection, pedestrians get the right away. This woman comes speeding around the corner and gives me a look like i did something wrong. She opens her window and says "I was just trying to make a quick left." Quick is not the word to describe it. I don't know if she thought she was on the Autobahn, but it just shouldn't be. And it isn't just her. It's every driver on Staten Island. So scratch my original complaint. I cannot stand the drivers on Staten Island. I have no idea how they got their licenses. All I know is that I'm gonna get killed one day. It's ridiculous and completely mind-boggling how stupid these people really are. The amount of stories I can tell are endless. The busiest street on the island is treated like Daytona Speedway and there is a total disregard for written rules. I cannot take it anymore. I know more about driving and I just failed my road test. Yet these people somehow passed. Unbelievable. :rant:
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#12 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 12:22 AM

I have two more.

1) People who criticize Guitar Hero players (which I happen to be.) They tell us to learn a real instrument. I play multiple instruments. We play for fun. Nobody ever tells a Call Of Duty player to fight a real war. Or a Grand Tarismo player to go in a real race. So why criticize Guitar Hero and Rock band?

2) Vegetarians who think they're better than people who eat meat. First of all, you have to take pills to get the needed proteins that are normal supplied by meat. Second of all, we are made to eat meat, so you're doing something not natural. And even if the animals killed for their meat weren't exactly treated right, they still had a better life than in the wild. By your logic you shouldn't drink milk either. Or eat eggs. The cows that produce milk had their calves taken away from them so that all the milk they make is for us. And laying hens are kept in cages smaller than a computer screen and are forced to lay as many eggs as possible in a day. When they can no longer lay eggs, the hens are sent straight to the slaughterhouse. The point is, you are no better than meat eaters. If anything, you are worse for looking down on us.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#13 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:03 AM

Agreed about both, I have been playing music games since the early 2000's, back when Guitar Freaks was the only guitar game around (never released in the US except in arcades) and Konami ruled the music game genre. I play those games because they are different than the million first person shooters out there.

I know 2 people who are vegetarians. One is a friend who is cool about it and never criticizes anyone for not being a vegetarian and ordering a burger at a restaurant for example. The other person I know really takes it to an extreme. Like if you order chicken at a restaurant, she will start lecturing about how the chickens suffer or how wrong it is to eat defenseless animals.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#14 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:42 PM

People who get very hostile if you don't like their favorite artist.

#15 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:45 PM

Sorry for the double post.

People who are already bitching and whining about the flats package (both on this site and other GADV sites). The park is FINALLY giving what we've wanted for years, and you're complaining. Talk about ungrateful.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users