The Complaint Topic 2.0

223 replies to this topic

#16 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

Yes, the rides being added are what the park has needed since for the past 5 - 6 years after so much was removed from the War on Lines rides. The last thing the park needed was another coaster.

It could be a lot worse, the park could have added a faulty used inverted boomerang that has a horrible history of breakdowns like another park in the area. Nothing like getting on a coaster and worried that you will be stuck on the lift hill for 5 hours like what happened in 2009.

OT but I like the new avatar, The Angry Video Game Nerd is awesome.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#17 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 07:15 PM

People who call me a nerd.....JUST BECAUSE I WEAR GLASSES!!!!! Not counting hipsters, I highly doubt anybody wears glasses for fashion purposes. I happen to be near-sighted and I need glasses to read. I'm also not that great of a student when it comes to school. So keep your stupid comments in your pocket!!!!
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#18 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 10 September 2011 - 01:38 AM

People that make tight left turns while Im trying to make a right. Bottom line if I cant make my right while your making your left than your not making your left wide enough. Also if any of your tire touches the yellow line at all you didnt make a wide enough left.

Fat people that order huge meals but get a diet coke.

People who get angry at other people for something not in the other person's control.

justin beiber (no explanation needed)

People who take sports rivalries too seriously (For instance Im a huge yankee fan but I love watching games with red sock fans cause its fun to rip i to each other...but sometimes there are people that actually hate people that are fans of their rival team and I dont understand that sports are sports their meant to be enjoyed why do you have to suck the fun out of it by taking things like this so seriously)

MTV passing off New Yorkers for a jersey shore show

Chris Christie cutting education by the millions and then turning around and ha ding 200 million of taxpayer money to help get xanadu finished

People who express their opinion on something they've never personally tried
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#19 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 09:40 AM

People who get what they do not deserve. People work harder and make less money while there are spoiled A*s Holes who are sitting on the Fat Rich As*ses doing nothing.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#20 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:56 AM

And even if the animals killed for their meat weren't exactly treated right, they still had a better life than in the wild. By your logic you shouldn't drink milk either. Or eat eggs. The cows that produce milk had their calves taken away from them so that all the milk they make is for us. And laying hens are kept in cages smaller than a computer screen and are forced to lay as many eggs as possible in a day. When they can no longer lay eggs, the hens are sent straight to the slaughterhouse. The point is, you are no better than meat eaters. If anything, you are worse for looking down on us.

I don't get that. So dairy products are produced in horrible conditions, but that burger was made from a cow that walked freely around? You're somewhat defeating your own logic.

I hate when vending machines steal your money.

When people refer to their favorite sports teams as "we." You don't :censored: play for them, so shut up.

#21 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

I hate when people try to talk to me when my headphones are on.

Especially when it's a good song.

My parents are terrible with it.

PROCEDURE!:
They start talking
I pause my music and take my headphones off temporarily
They say a sentence or 2
I respond
They say nothing for at least a minute
I resume listening
They start talking again.

sig_kaiser.png

#22 Coaster

Coaster

Kingda Ka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:03 PM

Route 31.

#23 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,270 posts

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:24 PM

I hate people with smartphones that don't use them correctly or don't deserve them. (Like what CoastToCoaster said)

BBM is not a valid reason to get a blackberry. Use text messaging.

If you don't need to access the internet for something constructive, then it is unnecessary.

I have the enV2 because my parents won't let me get a Droid, even if I pay for the phone and overpriced service.
All my life I have worked with the internet, and pretty much everything I know is because of the internet. I work on the internet. I develop on the Internet. When I'm away from my computer, I have a productivity level of negative 5. I can't get any of my emails. (Mine are actually important and business related, dealing with clients.) I can't access my social networks, which is actually a large portion of my job. Especially since I do the tweeting and facebook-ing for Gadv Online.

I had to write my own personal PHP scripts and run them through CRON jobs on my own web server to transfer information between my phone (via texts), my server, facebook, and twitter.

Also, everyone in school uses their smart phone to see what teachers assign for homework so they can do it in school, the period prior to a class. I would get a missing homework since I wouldn't know what the homework was if I didn't do it.

sig_kaiser.png

#24 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,132 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 12 September 2011 - 06:00 PM

People who come up to a cashier while talking on the phone or with headphones in...RUDE!
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#25 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 07:56 PM

When people refer to their favorite sports teams as "we." You don't :censored: play for them, so shut up.

I do that. It's not that we feel we play for the team. It's just that we feel like our cheering is part of their success. In fact, the crowd is sometimes called the 12th man in football. The Seahawks even retired the number 12 in honor of this since their stadium is notorious for being the loudest in the NFL.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#26 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

When people call me out in a line for a ride and say "hey look it's Justin Bieber." It's happened 3 times, and I have no idea how. I'm over a foot taller than him (according to the yahoo answers height), and all I have in common is similar length hair. And mine is black too. All 3 times it was less than savory parkgoers too lol. And I look nothing like him....grr...

#27 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 08:45 PM

People who come up to a cashier while talking on the phone or with headphones in...RUDE!

Yeah I hate that. Plus you can't tell if they are talking to the person on the phone or the cashier. Unfortunately, I could write a ton of things about customers I hate. Most customers are ok, it's the few that are horrible that you remember though.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#28 robertleax

robertleax

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

i refer with "we" with my favorite teams. i don't play with them but i pay for them to play by going to the games and buying their merchandise.

and JJ2k I am fat (245lbs- but still fit into all the coasters) and i do buy a bigmac meal with a diet coke. i don't supersize it or sometimes i even just get a small hamburger (no cheese) and small fries with a diet coke.
i like seafood and no fast food restaurants service healthy seafood. (wait forgot about baja fresh with their chicken and shrimp tacos)

Plus when i drink a diet coke (or water) that still lets me drink a beer or 2 when i get home and not feel that guilty about it.

i hate it though when fat people buy a large extra value meal and a large reg coke. the few hundred calories a day does add up. same with cheese and mayo (which i never get)

Now I got to go on a diet!!!! tks (also hate people who say they need to go on a diet but does not)
rjl

#29 Cygnus12

Cygnus12

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 02:39 PM

"My kid is only 2 inches short! Come on, let them on! They went on it last year!"

SORRY, THEY'RE TOO SHORT, HAVE FUN ON THE KIDDIE RIDES.

TheDoD3.com - 3x more thrilling than your favorite ride!

#30 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

I saw that happen at Runaway Mine Train last year. First the father didn't want the ride op to check the height of the kid. Then after being told he was too short, once the air gates opened, the father tried to sneak him on the ride anyway.

Sadly at some of the former Paramount parks, if someone said their kid could ride certain coasters the year before it would be true. The mine train at Carowinds for example went from a 36" requirement in 2006 to a 48" requirement in 2007.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users