The Complaint Topic 2.0

223 replies to this topic

#31 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,133 posts
  • Location:Manalapan, NJ Currently residing in Oxford, MS @ Ole Miss!

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:50 PM

I have the best one of all time as fr as height goes. I was at Carowinds when they were having this huge rap concert. On their mine train coaster I'm next to get on when I notice that people waiting to leave the statio (a couple) are holding a young baby in their hands sitting on the coaster. Attendant comes over and says the baby cant go on

guy: "oh we aint gonna drop her"
Attendant: "sir I'm sorry someone is going to have to wait in the exit with her and then the next person can go.
guy: "No fuck you yall have no rules against carrying a baby on board and what do yall think we're her fucking parents we aint gonna fucking drop her"
Attendant: "Sir for safety reasons she absolutely can not ride"
guy: "Well I aint gettin off this ride until you show me these rules that a baby can't ride"
Another attendant (calmly and in the most awesome way ever pts the height stick next to the car and says) "get her to stand straight up lets see if shes tall enough"

PWNED
Posted Image
Longest active member over 11 great years with gadv.com and counting

2011 gadv.com award titles:
Posted Image

#32 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:14 PM

Wow, you know they would be the first to sue if the kid got injured.

Maybe more parks need these so they don't deal with those kind of idiots:
http://www.themepark...asia439_132.jpg
Kurashiki Tivoli Park in Japan has a coaster with a car seat type restraint for really little kids.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#33 NitroKaMedusaMachine

NitroKaMedusaMachine

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 10:16 PM

I have the best one of all time as fr as height goes. I was at Carowinds when they were having this huge rap concert. On their mine train coaster I'm next to get on when I notice that people waiting to leave the statio (a couple) are holding a young baby in their hands sitting on the coaster. Attendant comes over and says the baby cant go on

guy: "oh we aint gonna drop her"
Attendant: "sir I'm sorry someone is going to have to wait in the exit with her and then the next person can go.
guy: "No ---- you yall have no rules against carrying a baby on board and what do yall think we're her ----ing parents we aint gonna ----ing drop her"
Attendant: "Sir for safety reasons she absolutely can not ride"
guy: "Well I aint gettin off this ride until you show me these rules that a baby can't ride"
Another attendant (calmly and in the most awesome way ever pts the height stick next to the car and says) "get her to stand straight up lets see if shes tall enough"

PWNED

I would like to meet this guy please. I'm assuming they got off.
Green Lantern: a suitable replacement, but will never be the same. RIP GASM.

#34 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:16 AM

Yea and they cursed the whole way down the exit ramp
Posted Image

Posted Image

#35 Sfguy

Sfguy

GADV Elite

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

You'd be surprised by how many people stick their young kids on the swinging ship where I work. As long as the parents accompany them, the kids are allowed to go on. Not too many enjoy it, especially when the parents choose the top rows.

Posted Image

#36 PsiRockin

PsiRockin

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:55 PM

Swinging ships are nauseating. It's the fact that you can't look at the ground easily on them. Same with flying carpets. They're still kind of fun for me, but that easily frightens kids.

#37 1JJ

1JJ

GADV Legend

• Retired Admin
  • 7,133 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 08:25 PM

Just to clarify this was their mine train COASTER i get the feeling some of you thought i was talking bout a train lol
Posted Image

Posted Image

#38 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:06 PM

Yesterday I ordered a specific 5 Star notebook from mead.com because I couldn't find it at any store. The notebook comes in a variety of colors, but the online store did not ask what color I want.

I called them today, and they said that I can send it back If I don't like the color. :wtf:

sig_kaiser.png

#39 CoastToCoaster

CoastToCoaster

Bizarro

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 03:30 PM

People who don't like Roller Coasters have never tried them. If they say they don't like the feeling, They've been on a Dragon Wagon.

sig_coasttocoaster.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png

Screenshot2012-07-10at61056PM.png

#40 Yoshi

Yoshi

GADV Legend

• Admin
  • 5,184 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 04:27 PM

Yesterday I ordered a specific 5 Star notebook from mead.com because I couldn't find it at any store. The notebook comes in a variety of colors, but the online store did not ask what color I want.

I called them today, and they said that I can send it back If I don't like the color. :wtf:

Unfortunately I see that a lot online. The worst was some $40 video game accessory on Gamestop.com. I don't remember what it was but they said the color was chosen randomly. How difficult is it to have a SKU or different item page for each color of an item? Apparently it's too much trouble for most places.

admin.jpg

sig_yoshi.png

#41 Kaiser

Kaiser

Batman

• Admin
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

Unfortunately I see that a lot online. The worst was some $40 video game accessory on Gamestop.com. I don't remember what it was but they said the color was chosen randomly. How difficult is it to have a SKU or different item page for each color of an item? Apparently it's too much trouble for most places.

On the item page, it said "Color: Assorted". It says that on my receipt too.
The customer service person also told me to request black next time I order, so I told her it never asked me for a color. She said "I understand, but just request black next time."

sig_kaiser.png

#42 MarioSonic94

MarioSonic94

Green Lantern

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:41 PM

I said it in the original Complaint Topic, and I'll say it again.

CONSOLE WARS!!!!!!!!

I am sick and tired of seeing people fighting like little kids over which game console is the best and worst. All the consoles have their pros and cons. Get over yourselves.
I've ridden 37 coasters. I really want more.

#43 coasterfreak96

coasterfreak96

Superman

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:15 PM

^Couldn't agree more.

sig_coasterfreak96.png
If you see a well thought out and well written post, give it a Plus.png
My Coaster Count - 249

2013 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO - #GetTwisted

2014 Rides Team Member - BIZARRO, KINGDA KA, & ZUMANJARO

#44 robertleax

robertleax

Rolling Thunder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:58 AM

I hate that too. Just have all of them (but I have my own preference)

I hate when I trade in a game and then 6 months later I miss playing the game so I much i end up buying it again. But to make matters worse since I bought it I haven't played it yet.

I also hate selling my old consoles and then wanting them back (not so much PS2, XBOX or SNES but my older ones such and Turbografx 16 and 3DO-which was one the best consoles out their at the time)
rjl

#45 nitro4ever

nitro4ever

Runaway Train

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 02:49 PM

I hate waiting in line for Kingda Ka and some idiot behind you says to his girlfriend "Did you know that Kindaca goes like 1000 miles per hour" in an look at me, i know everything about coasters kinda way.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users